We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

[CLOSED][Upcoming Halloween event]: The Hallowed Blight

Options
SpitfireOrMichina
SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

The event will take place between 19 and 31 October 2018.

More info here https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/The_Hallowed_Blight

Post edited by SpitfireOrMichina on

Comments

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options
    Tired of this event format but I appreciate there being a bit of variety in the rewards now
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited October 2018
    Options

only 13 days? that sucks...

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Options
    Golden particle effects coming out the costumes?

When I was looking at the cosmetics piece by piece they look so dull.

I am hoping they actually glow.

• Blood_Coil_Viper
    Blood_Coil_Viper Member Posts: 199
    Options

There's a video on YouTube showing what the skins will look like in game and they do glow. 
  • SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options
    I was genuinely bummed out that there wasn't a blighted hag in the mix.

I wonder why not all unlicensed killers and survivors couldn't get some gold glowy goodness.
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options
    Yeah it seems like the hag is the most aesthetically fitting killer to get blighted
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

There's a video on YouTube showing what the skins will look like in game and they do glow. 
    @Blood_Coil_Viper Link?
  • ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Source?

Edit: because we all know how reliable wiki is...
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Options
    Silas said:
    So... Nothing for the survivors? 
    That's what I was thinking... Then meh what's the point? It doesn't make sense... 🤷‍♀️
  • SpitfireOrMichina
    Options

Here is a video showcase for the cosmetics.
    https://youtu.be/j1s7t3t5RJI

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@SpitfireOrMichina said:
    Here is a video showcase for the cosmetics.
    https://youtu.be/j1s7t3t5RJI

Siiiiick.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Silas said:
    That's what I was thinking... Then meh what's the point? It doesn't make sense... 🤷‍♀️
    Maybe the Dwight and Claudette skins that got revealed. 
  • Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    Options

What is a Visceral Canker?

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Options
    I am excited! 
  • Tsulan
    Options

@ACEvHEARTS said:
    Source?

in-game files and regarding your comment --> .|.

I put tons of my spare time voluntarily into keeping the Wiki up-to-date and accurate.

You are doing a great job. 
    Just ignore those comments. 
  • SpitfireOrMichina
    Options

@Rex_Huin said:

This thing. I guess

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    Options

@SpitfireOrMichina said:

@Rex_Huin said:

This thing. I guess

Yikes!
    (I'm very confused)

• Khalednazari
    Options

@ACEvHEARTS said:
    Source?

I put tons of my spare time voluntarily into keeping the Wiki up-to-date and accurate.

Thank you. I have and always will appreciate your contribution to the community. You're awesome. 
  • ACEvHEARTS
    Options

@ACEvHEARTS said:
    Source?

Sorry, I didn’t mean to offend. Thank you for the work you do. I was mostly joking about how lots of folks were pretty mad at the Wiki on September 11th when the spirit didn’t release. I was not one of them. Because I was waiting for dev confirmation before I got my hopes up. 
  • Blood_Coil_Viper
    Options
    I think my favourite skin out of the set is the Wraith one. Though I was hoping for a Hag skin I'll be honest. 
  • Khalednazari
    Options
    It seems like all 5 Killers have been injected with Putrid Nectar Serum, which has infected them, turning them into 'undead' glowing killers. 
  • SpitfireOrMichina
    Options

@Blood_Coil_Viper said:
    I think my favourite skin out of the set is the Wraith one. Though I was hoping for a Hag skin I'll be honest. 

Ye i totaly agree the wraith is the best one, but the doctor face looks dope and so creepy !

• SpitfireOrMichina
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Khalednazari said:
    It seems like all 5 Killers have been injected with Putrid Nectar Serum, which has infected them, turning them into 'undead' glowing killers. 

Yeah, we can see the serum on their back. I realy want know how did that! Probably the famous "Vigo"?

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

The wiki is not official btw

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    Do you think players would have enough time to unlock all of them?
  • Tsulan
    Options

Wiki is as official as it can get. 
  • Khalednazari
    Options
    Tsulan said:

Wiki is as official as it can get. 
    Cannot agree more. Dead By Daylight can be a very confusing game for new players. There are literally thousands of aspects of this game. But Wiki makes it easier. I still follow it for more information ingame stuff, despite being a DBD veteran. So, the DBD wiki is helpful for all the players and it's updated very quick. Consider it super official. 
  • Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254
    Options

So we will need a new type of currency to purchase these skins? So all the shards I'm hording right now will have no use for this event? That kinda sucks if that's the case.

• Tsulan
    Options
    Jed said:

So we will need a new type of currency to purchase these skins? So all the shards I'm hording right now will have no use for this event? That kinda sucks if that's the case.

Event coins. They exist only during the event and can only buy event skins.
    Just like the summer BBQ event with BBQ hooks and pinata gens.
  • Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307
    edited October 2018
    Options

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    Silas said:

5 killer outfits... we should also get 5 survivor outfits! Claudette, Kate, Adam, Jake and David.
    Well hell anybody but Meg really, lawd knows she has enough cosmetics as it is lol. Then again, a blighted pigtail when 360'ing...... :dizzy:

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 407
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@ACEvHEARTS said:
    Source?

And where does the information come from that the cosmetics are the rewards? I have looked through the game files myself (at least what can be found on the web, I can't decode it myself) and while the majority of the wiki information can be found in there, I see no connection between the cosmetics and event rewards.

I'm just a bit suspicious because considering what was given as rewards in previous events and looking at the quality of the Hallow Blight cosmetics, this would be ... well ... the devs being more generous than ever before would be an understatement.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,749
    Options
    Thanks for putting this together! 
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

@rha said:

@DocOctober said:

@ACEvHEARTS said:
    Source?

And where does the information come from that the cosmetics are the rewards? I have looked through the game files myself (at least what can be found on the web, I can't decode it myself) and while the majority of the wiki information can be found in there, I see no connection between the cosmetics and event rewards.

I'm just a bit suspicious because considering what was given as rewards in previous events and looking at the quality of the Hallow Blight cosmetics, this would be ... well ... the devs being more generous than ever before would be an understatement.

I'm also curious as to where most of the info came from in the files. The cosmetics are easy enough to find but something like the lore I have no idea where to look.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

Of course that information isn't featured in the regular folders anyone can have a look it, it's hidden inside the pak files. You can find out yourself how to read those.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    ######### who put a hole.in.the wraiths chest
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,245
    Options

@ACEvHEARTS said:
    Source?

Don't listen to the haters! ;)
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

@SpitfireOrMichina said:

This thing. I guess

So basically plant sap

• ACEvHEARTS
    Options

Just because YOU can't find it since you can't decode stuff, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Everything's on the Wiki.

You people go on my nerves. I spent 2.5 hours last night compiling all the information together into a clean, proper Wiki Article and you ingrates just keep on bitching about where I got the information from.

You have to understand that we don’t know you from the next guy on the forums. People don’t tend to trust what they read on the Internet just because someone says it’s true, and rightly so. 

As as far as the work you put in, that was nice of you. Thank you. But...you also chose to do it. It’s something you did in your free time. Nobody made you. So yelling at us for asking questions is a little overboard. 
  • F5arTheB5ard
    F5arTheB5ard Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Hallowed blight skins look really cool. But can someone answer me why the huntress gets so many new outfits? Isn't she the only one with 2 purple rarity outfits? Is she one of the highest played killers? Just curious
  • Blood_Coil_Viper
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hallowed blight skins look really cool. But can someone answer me why the huntress gets so many new outfits? Isn't she the only one with 2 purple rarity outfits? Is she one of the highest played killers? Just curious
    I think Nurse has 2 purple rarity outfits as well. And Hag does
  • F5arTheB5ard
    F5arTheB5ard Member Posts: 118
    Options
    I think Nurse has 2 purple rarity outfits as well. And Hag does
    Ok, I stand corrected lol. Maybe I just feel that way because she just got the owl outfit. 
  • rha
    rha Member Posts: 407
    Options

Just because YOU can't find it since you can't decode stuff, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Everything's on the Wiki.

You people go on my nerves. I spent 2.5 hours last night compiling all the information together into a clean, proper Wiki Article and you ingrates just keep on bitching about where I got the information from.

Calm Spirit, Doc ...

If you parse my previous post correctly, I have read through the game files (just have to rely on what's uploaded by someone to Github, cannot decode myself because it's tough to access anything on console). And, I recognize the vast majority of information as properly taken from the files, so in case someone doubts I do absolutely vouch for it being taken from the game itself. You have really done a good job with that, thanks for your time.

My only single point was, I just went through the entire changelog and could not see any hint that the cosmetics of the Haunted Blight collection could be grinded for during the event "for free". And comparing the previous event rewards such as the black Huntress mask or Kate's shirt to the HB cosmetics that look more awesome to me than some of the current "high end" stuff that is only available for purchase with auric cells, I was wondering where this information came from that for this event there would be a "grind and get for free even without needing any shards" set of premium outfits.

It would be awesome if that was the case, I just don't want to be disappointed. And as I know the community, some would get out their virtual pitchforks and call the devs liars if the event reward is something different even though there's no official word at all so far ...
    -- NORMAL --
  • Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307
    Options

@rha said:
    Calm Spirit, Doc ...

lmao :crazy:

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

Killers should be happy, Survivors have another objective for 13 days...

• Tsulan
    Options

@Tizzle said:

Event probably comes with the sabotage buff.
    Survivors will sabotage event hooks.
    Just like they did during the Howling Grounds event. Or partly during the BBQ event. I swear my eye started twitching during that event.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

@Tsulan said:

@Tizzle said:

Event probably comes with the sabotage buff.
    Survivors will sabotage event hooks.
    Just like they did during the Howling Grounds event. Or partly during the BBQ event. I swear my eye started twitching during that event.

It looks like stuff is attached to a tree or something, not a gen.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

@rha said:
    DocOctober said:

Calm Spirit, Doc ...

If you parse my previous post correctly, I have read through the game files (just have to rely on what's uploaded by someone to Github, cannot decode myself because it's tough to access anything on console). And, I recognize the vast majority of information as properly taken from the files, so in case someone doubts I do absolutely vouch for it being taken from the game itself. You have really done a good job with that, thanks for your time.

My only single point was, I just went through the entire changelog and could not see any hint that the cosmetics of the Haunted Blight collection could be grinded for during the event "for free". And comparing the previous event rewards such as the black Huntress mask or Kate's shirt to the HB cosmetics that look more awesome to me than some of the current "high end" stuff that is only available for purchase with auric cells, I was wondering where this information came from that for this event there would be a "grind and get for free even without needing any shards" set of premium outfits.

It would be awesome if that was the case, I just don't want to be disappointed. And as I know the community, some would get out their virtual pitchforks and call the devs liars if the event reward is something different even though there's no official word at all so far ...-- NORMAL --

Quite frankly, at this point I'm so pissed off that I'll just let you wait on the official dev word or you can go look for yourself for the information. It's there, good luck, have fun.