The unsung advantages of Windows of Opportunity & Zanshin Tactics.

It’s all well and good claiming either of these perks are unnecessary with a good base knowledge of map awareness.

In the case of solo survivor however, it’s simply not easy to always know which pallets have and have not been used. This is something many of you already acknowledge with WoO.

However now that breakable walls/doors are in the game, and a small degree of RNG to them, WoO can tell you well in advance where to avoid dead ends. That’s a pretty big boon in a chase, as a smart killer is unlikely to break any walls/doors that result in dead ends they can try and force a survivor into.

Likewise for Killer, Zanshin Tactics can very quickly tell a killer early in the match which walls/doors are problematic and need to be immediately broken, and which ones result in dead ends they can tactically try to force a chase into.

Today’s post was brought you by the letter G, and the number 6.

Comments

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,496

I agree in that i definitely dont think either of the perks are bad, but there are many other perks I would rather take over them.

• knight_killer
    knight_killer Member Posts: 54

Zanshin is one of my favorite niche perks especially on Huntress and Phead. When you're entering a tile as huntress you can often pre-aim to the window and get an easy hatchet or with Phead go through the tile and take a shot and hope they go for the window

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Windows is honestly amazing and one of my favourite perks. On more RNG heavy maps it can really help you mid chase

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

Zanshin shouldn't have a cooldown. The fact that it does is ridiculous.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

It should have a SHORTER cool down. The info it can provide can be powerful in the right hands.

Like @knight_killer pointed out it can be really strong on killers like PH, especially when paired with I’m All Ears. Making ranged attacks too easy to hit 100% of the time because there is no cooldown at all would be bad.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I agree on Windows of Opportunity being good (for solo and swf).

But why do you think that Zanshin Tactics is good?

It's definetely one of the worst killer perks in the game imo

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

This guy comes in here, posts paragraphs about how junk perks are amazing, and never posts some video evidence to prove it.

“I know where the pallet at this tile is, I have 3000 hours in the game but don’t know where the pallets at these generic tiles are, Zanshin tactics value”

Windows is only decent because in solo Q you don’t always know what has been used. The killer always knows.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited April 2021

Zenahin tactics is mostly useful outside of actual games, it's best used for analyzing a map and learning from it- in actual practice I don't advise this perk. I suggest you get it if you can, I just wouldn't go into normal red rank games playing normally with it. There are not a ton of wall spawns, I already know which walls need to be broken and which ones don't, and even if I didn't that wouldn't be worth the perk slot.

Windows of Opportunity however is a solid perk, and always a decent pick. It can help you out a lot in many ways. It's a go to pick for a lot of really good survivors who have plenty of map awareness- they take it because they also know how wonky DBD RNG is and how wasteful solo queue teammates can be.

Both have their uses for sure, but only windows I would use in an actual game.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

Windows I can see as being ok if you have no idea where pallets or windows spawn. Once you start to know maps it's usefulness goes away.

Tactics is just overshadowed entirely by other perks.

• TheClownIsKing

I didn’t say good. I pointed out an advantage it has that’s probably overlooked.

• TheClownIsKing

You clearly didn’t read my post.

Please show me where I said Zanshin is amazing?

• FruityCocktail
    FruityCocktail Member Posts: 34

Windows and ZT should be basekit for newbs.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited April 2021

It very much shouldn't, windows is actually really good. It's not meta level strong but it's far, far from a bad perk. Just giving people a 5th perk "Just because" is generally not ideal. It's good because of it's actual gameplay benefits, to anyone not just new players.

Both perks however, primarily Zenshin, are very useful for learning for new players by using custom games, where they have immediate access to both of them anyways.

So you can already do that if need be at any point, albeit you need someone to help you start the game and I think they should remove that requirement, but otherwise the option is there well enough.

• TheClownIsKing

Thank you.

These (insert perk) should be base kit claims don’t consider balance. Things like WoO and Kindred base could make way for broken builds. Could.

• FruityCocktail

I'm talking "basekit" as in free perks like This Is Not Happening / Resilience / Iron Grasp / Monstrous Shrine.

Good grief, everyone around here is uptight.

• FruityCocktail

"Both perks however, primarily Zenshin, are very useful for learning for new players by using custom games, where they have immediate access to both of them anyways."

This is why the perks should be in the basekit game aka "free" perks that aren't locked behind a paywall or iri shards.

• TheClownIsKing

Ah ok, gotcha. We usually refer to those as generic perks, as they belong to no specific character.