Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tips for escaping on a 2 door situation

Mineguy
Mineguy Member Posts: 318

I did escape yes but only because of resilience and because the killer was not the best. Any tips?

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

That was some luck!

But you pretty much played it as best as you could. Open it 10-15% before the lights go off, then hide. Wait for the killer to check and then start heading off, jump right back on and hope you finish it before they get back.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

It depends on RNG for the most part and how far each gates are. The only best thing you can do is to start progressing your exit gate switch and stop exactly before a light turns on and go back to hide. Killer will come and look at the switch. No red light? He will go back to the other gate. Go on with opening the gate. No going back this time.

They also go back and forth in a pattern so they are like AIs at that point unless they pull a 200 IQ on you in which case you deserve to die. Just hide for sometime on either gate to understand the killer's pattern and start playing accordingly.

It's probably obvious but there is nothing more you can do. Remember that it shouldn't always be a 100% escape because its unfair if it is.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Luck.

Some door patterns are impossible for killers to defend, others are impossible for survivors to escape. If your case is the latter, best outcome is finding a key in a chest.

• Mineguy
    Mineguy Member Posts: 318

I found a key and gave it to my teammate so he can find hatch while I let the killer chase me. He lost me and found the other survivor on the hatch and had to escape. So starts the video

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    edited April 2021

This is a good strategy, from the video it looks like the first light turns on right after the progress bar passes the first N. So open it until the N, wait until killer checks on the door and open the rest.

• Volfgang57
    Volfgang57 Member Posts: 369

Don't forget don't run. If you leave scratch marks it's pretty much over unless you can somehow sneak past and get to the other door