What Licensed franchises would you like to see?

thog1
thog1 Member Posts: 10

Easy enough to understand. What franchise would you like to see in DbD? Such as Stranger Things.

What Licensed franchises would you like to see? 57 votes

Five Night's at Freddys
14%
Scary_Punk_GhostMaxwellDarkMagikFobboZestyGannTMJrgykinsReaperZAJ 8 votes
IT
8%
BabyCameron10musstang62ChurchofPigMichealmissjay 5 votes
A Quiet Place
3%
AsgeirrMthog1 2 votes
Alien
40%
Blueberryliv071981VolantConch1719TapeKnotWaffleFalafelMooksGlamourousLeviathanCornHubmalatruseherrik666Marc_go_soloBrokenbonesJarolDoritoHeadTheArbiterHighwayCatalystTTV_Adamska0820syainMarioBrosMasterSup3rCatTree 23 votes
Predator
7%
grayon444Pixel_BoomBotKirkyladsimpforfelix 4 votes
Other (Comment if wanted)
26%
GibberishMementoMori_MassacreTaigaCornpopers_EvanElcopolloMadLordJackMapersonHealthore77992WishIcouldmainQwQwItzZane_swager21IWasLeft2DieClamorVentus13Vocals 15 votes

Comments

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Alien

Alien along with Friday the 13th I am more than satisfied.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965

Give me clementine from TWDG I just want her in the game ;-;

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Resident Evil, preferably the 7th game.

• QwQw

I mean, The Thompson House looks kinda similar, but not by much.

• QwQw

Yeah Birkin would be my second pick for a Resident Evil killer behind Jack.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

The only reason I picked “other” is because I want ALL of these and plenty more. The only licensed content I don’t want whatsoever is Jeepers Creepers.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

Clock Tower and Hellraiser.

• thog1
    thog1 Member Posts: 10
    A Quiet Place

Isn't clock tower the one with the dwarf dude who uses big scissors?

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

Deformed demonic child, but yes.

• 13thwarrior
    13thwarrior Member Posts: 2
    Alien

Has to be Landshark SNL!

• 13thwarrior
    13thwarrior Member Posts: 2
    Alien

Terminator, I'll be back. In a sec with perks.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited April 2021

A Future Predator from Primeval. And maybe Abby and Conner as survivors.

Edit: Also known as the creatures the monsters from A Quiet Place are based on.

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384
    Alien

I voted Alien but given a second option I'd say Nemesis from Resident Evil

• Jrgykins
    Jrgykins Member Posts: 3
    Five Night's at Freddys

Pac-Man and the ghosts baybeeeeee

• TTV_Adamska0820
    TTV_Adamska0820 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2021
    Alien

I picked alien cause a xenomorph could be terrifying. I'd also love to see nemesis or mr x from resident evil.

I have an idea for a killer based on the thing or even among us (cause let's be honest among us is basically the thing lol)

Essentially the killer could disguise as a survivor and fake gens and stuff. To knock down or hurt the survivor they'd have to open their body, and attack with it's tendrils, which would have a time frame similar to wraiths appearance time. One of the perks would be to fake gens and actually trigger explosions or work against the progress meter. Another would be to stun survivors with pallets or surprise attack from lockers. I haven't worked out all the kinks cause last thing we need is an op killer. I think a weakness system could help even with other killers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    Alien

Alien all the way.

nothing against the other licenses though.

there are some.. uh.. ‚speculations‘ currently going around that there might be some Crypt TV stuff coming to DbD.

though it might not be a chapter. And nothing officially confirmed as of now.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

Chucky, Child's Play chapter.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
  • IWasLeft2Die

I'm shocked you didn't put residemt evil ad an option since it's one of the most talked about choices.

Here are emy thoughts on each

Quiet place- doesn't belong at all

Alien- sure people like Alien a lot (sp do i) but it just doesn't fit thematically, seeing alien carrying bodies is kind of weird, and it's hard to imagine aliens at all working with the entity since they have never worked with anyone across any media. I like them but don't want them in because they just would stick out. Plus they wouldn't climb walls which is a must for them.

Predator- has a better chance than Alien since they already do things like hooking people. I don't like them as much as alien but can picture them in more.

FNAF- has a decent chance but I personally don't want them in. There isnt a good survivor option and the killers are pretty bland overall. I also thought the games were potentially some of the most Overrated game sive ever played (although the lore is interesting somewhat)

• 13Vocals
    13Vocals Member Posts: 1

I like the idea of Chucky ...but how would he hook them?

Do a Hellraiser DLC!!! Imagine all the skins and weapons you could do with the Cenobites!!! That labyrinth dimension they come from could have some sick and highly frustrating maps as well.

Also, the Jeepers Creepers guy.

• IWasLeft2Die
  • MementoMori_Massacre
    MementoMori_Massacre Member Posts: 35

Child’s Play Chapter!

I would love to see Chucky as killer, Andy Barclay as survivor, and the doll factory as the map.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

The Thing as a mega chapter

• simpforfelix
    simpforfelix Member Posts: 66
    Predator

i really want a joel survivor sort of like bill, but now that you mention it a predator would be very cool too, but his power might be kinda dumb because it would basically be wraith or deathslinger/huntress or something plus we have enough ranged bois imo, but him as a character would be very very cool

• IWasLeft2Die

id only want it if the killer could blend in as a survivor but I'm pretty certain they have said they wouldn't make killers do stuff like this

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
  • swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

call me unoriginal, call me crazy. F13 would make a great chapter. camp crystal lake would be a great map along with tommy and jason as characters. i highly doubt we'll get it due to legal issues and because we already have trapper who is basically wannabe jason.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

Welp, my pick number 1 was already announced. Resident Evil Chapter is up to release in June. Hurray, can't wait! \0/

Other than that, I still very much want to see Outlast and Candyman chapters. My third pick would be IT and/or The Shining, with either Pennywise or Jack Torrance as a killer - I think it would be dope as hell. But I would be happy to see any Stephen King media in DbD, really. Doctor Sleep, Misery, Cujo, Pet Cemetary - anything you propose, I'll take it.

I don't think that Alien is a good pick, despite my deep love towards the first two movies and the amazing fan concepts people have. Same for Quiet Place, it's fine as it is without any game-adaptations. And I don't even consider Predator to be a part of horror-culture - he's a creepy-looking alien, yes, but his movies are more of a popcorn action, than anything else (not that there's anything wrong with that). As for the FNAF series - I dunno, I don't think it's a must-have #1, but I wouldn't really mind if it shows up in the future... at least it's better than Happy Death Day.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

Well, Hillbilly is a wannabe Leatherface and we still got Leatherface.

So the main problem here are legal issues, Trapper being inspired by him is not something worth worrying about.

I'm sure BHVR will be happy to take hands on Jason as soon as they can, with how iconic and important this character is to the world of horror and slashers. Besides, Resident Evil has RE: Resistance, which could've been an actual competitor to DbD if Capcom ever gave a damn about their online side-projects... and we still are getting RE Chapter. So existence of F13: The Game is not an issue either.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    IT

I want all but FNAF on this list. I just chose a random one.