Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Blatant exploiting (Breakdown) needs to be bannable

2»

Comments

• jokere98
    jokere98 Member Posts: 577

for me it seems like it's really bannable. I reported one guy for breakdown bug abuse (ingame+support) and after a few days i saw "1 game ban on record" in his steam profile (1 day after support answered me)

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

nah we know all about the hooks. we just choose not to use them :D

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

I remember when Legion had a game-breaking combo that was bannable if you used it.

Why is this not being treated the same way just because it's a survivor exploit?

• GoodBoyKaru
    edited April 2021

Because Legion's game-breaking combo was the combination of two add-ons. This is caused by a perk. AFAIK the devs have never banned for perks.

edit: yes this perk should be deactivated for the duration of this bug don't even attempt to put words in my mouth random forum user ive never seen before#27 (not directed to you SirCracken)

• GoodBoyKaru

So long as you specify they're on a different platform and give a gamertag you can get someone punished, though they have specifically asked nobody report for exploiting this as well as nobody report for the pallet glitch.

Make sure you do specify because I once reported two Windows Store players and they didn't even look at the video before asking for a Steam ID.

One passive aggressive email later and they re-looked through the report. So definitely specify they're cross-play.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Unless they’re also using No Mither, then the game can still be ended by the killer by mass slugging everyone. So it’s not necessary to make this exploitable bug a bannable offence.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

I though it ws 180 seconds, as hooks do regenerate when I use it. The devs said they're not changing the regen timer for this perk, are you sure its for the whole game or did the game end before the 180 seconds?

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

Are you telling me that 1 survivor can break 11 hooks (11 hooks to kill? What are you doing!), out of 40-50. Oh no muh hooks.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Bring this up in bug reporting. That's the proper section for stuff like this.

• DoctorDarling
    DoctorDarling Member Posts: 44

Yeah ban everyone for having fun with a bug. Blame bhvr for being trash because they haven't immediately fixed a pretty new bug.

Sounds hilarious to me, but I can see why it'd be frustrating. If it's sapping so much joy from the game, maybe just like.. take a little break. You can't expect them to fix every thing that goes wrong with lightning speed. They don't need to prioritize kicking people off their game forever over it. Lighten up.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

All it takes is 2-3 broken hooks to make an area completely safe for survivors, unless the killer has agitation, because they can't reach any hooks. Each map has around 12 hooks, not 40-50. It's really not that hard to see how broken this exploit is. Especially if every survivor is running Breakdown.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

The problem here, is that their logic is faulty. The reason they don't want to ban people is because:

people who do not frequent the forums or social media might take it for a sabo build without any knowledge of it being broken, plus you can still end a game. That's also why the pallet stun situation isn't bannable either, which has been also requested to be bannable.

And yet, how is that still not true for the legion mend bug, or the nurse spasmodic bug a few months back? It is the exact same logic. And yet, they banned people for using those things. It is a pretty clear double standard.

• beached
    beached Member Posts: 303

I was just trying to get my adept achievement on pig and I was so close only to not get it literally bc it was a three stack with no mither, soul guard, breakdown, borrowed time. I literally could not do anything. An entire side of the map had zero hooks and they refused to play the game and I could bleed them out for an extremely long time bc of no mither plus soul guard, it’s literally insane how powerful this combination is right now. They need to disable it because multiple people have reported the issue and they’ve done nothing.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

@Peanits @not_Queen @Gay Myers (Luzi)

The logic you posted here:

Is still true for bugs like the legion mend bug and the nurse spasmodic breath bug a few months back. Yet you still banned for those because they were clear exploits. How is this any different? It is pretty clear when survivors are exploiting this in a SWF squad and block all the hooks in a corner of the map. Saying "the game can still end" is also still true with the legion and nurse bugs. Everything about both sets of bugs is exactly the same.

You need to treat these bugs the same. And if you don't, it shows a clear double standard.

• GoodBoyKaru

Nurse I agree with, it's suspicious. Legion's, though, got a game-wide announcement upon opening the game every single time.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

How are you banning players who used thanatophobia and blades exploits in 2019, but not survivors who purposedly bring breakdown to break a killer important gameplay mechanic and then spam you gg ez in the post game chat.

How hard is it to repeat the ingame news pop up telling it's exploitable and banable AGAIN like what happened in 2019? Oh, survivors were bringing a sabo build? Well killers were bringing slowdown build then, and getting banned.

But of course, what is even easier, WHY NOT DISABLING IT, you can disable maps, you can disable addons, you can disable offerings, you can disable bloodlust, you can disable store items, you can disable purchases, you can disable rifts,...

But not a perk. Wow. Too hard.

Well, I'm sorry for the survivors during these 3 weeks until next update, I'm bringing blindness and slug perks. I'm tired of y'all trying to exploit in my matches.

• Dylandal99
    Dylandal99 Member Posts: 85

they can de-activate the perk entirely until it's fixed like they do with maps , just saying.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
  • Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Yeah it’s weird they can’t just disable the perk. All but 2 people use it anyway

Did they disable wake up when it was bugged? I honestly can’t remember

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Nope, just lobbies full of Quentins til they eventually fixed it

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Remember when BHVR disabled an entire realm because of a single totem spawn being bugged? Or BANNED people for doing the hilarious Nurse bug where you flew at mach speed through the map? And now we have things like Breakdown, j-flicking and when the tractor totems and the esc menu pausing Blight's rush were a thing and they couldn't care less.

Lmao.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

You are trolling right?

This logic is like if you can get arrested for firing a pistol at a crowd, but not for firing a revolver at a crowd.

Because "it's a different gun"

• GoodBoyKaru

No, I'm genuinely not trolling. I'm also not saying that it's right. The perk should still be deactivated and if there's a team of people who knowingly exploiting it by spending all game in a section of the map with broken hooks whilst using no mither it should at least be reportable for griefing.

I'm just trying to apply logic to the situation. Bhvr has never banned for perks. People always bring up legion infinite mend but they weren't perks, so I guess bhvr thinks its chill to ban for add-ons just not perks.

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

What did they exploit exactly? I am not aware of the exploit. Can someone explain it?

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Just remove breakdown like they remove bugged maps. Simple really

• kickasskiel
    kickasskiel Member Posts: 89

I too faced a SWF of ttv who were not streaming, 3 running no mither, sabotage and with breakdown and burnt the oak while also taking me to hawkins. The one end of the map was a complete dead zone with no hooks, ended up slugging last one to bleed out even with his no mither. Think the funniest part was the fact they only completed 1 gen. But this team went in knowing the perk is broke, the hooks never re spawn from breakdown.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

If I'm not mistaken, the perk is bugged right now so it breaks hooks permanently. This means that sabo squads who exploit the bug can essentially make it impossible to hook them by the mid-late game.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

In regards of my comment I made on another thread, it was in reference to the current situation, which is what I mentioned. Of course, it does not mean that the experience you are making is not being ruined which I am very sorry for, but as of now, it is not reportable.

We do hear you though and we acknowledge how you feel. Feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate parties, so please know that it is not ignored.

This discussion has been closed.