Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Rank 1 Killer....Finally

Global
Global Member Posts: 770

with over 950 hours its about time i get this god damn achievement. Of course i used nurse i just wanted to get to the rank before rank reset happens in 4 days.

This journey has been fun. Stressful but fun hell i even met Paulie Esther got my ass handed to me but i met him.

I of course used nurse as this was my first time going to rank 1 Im happy but might stop playing nurse for a bit and go back to trapper or wraith put nurse back on the shelf and just admire her every time i get looped as trapper, flashlight saved as wraith, or decisivly struken as freddy. Will I ever come back once this reset sets in...maybe. Maybe.

p.s my opinon now matters more than everyone elses ;)

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Congrats
  • Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Very good! 
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Dude congrats I'm stuck in the dead zone if constant SWF purple rank teams and cannot move past 7 because they save up church offerings and use the building for bs flash saves how are you supposed to escape a flashlight save when they are above you and hitting you directly for a minute straight and when they run out somone takes there place and if you go for then there gone and go back to it
  • Global

@redsopine1 said:
    Dude congrats I'm stuck in the dead zone if constant SWF purple rank teams and cannot move past 7 because they save up church offerings and use the building for bs flash saves how are you supposed to escape a flashlight save when they are above you and hitting you directly for a minute straight and when they run out somone takes there place and if you go for then there gone and go back to it

I used ebony mori multiple times and adapted my loadout constantly to what happened every 2 or so matches.

• redsopine1
    Thanks I'm gonna head there as soon as reset hit's who knows if I'm lucky I could meet you as a survivor lol same to you vite if your deranked to purple we might get to match
  • Global
    edited October 2018

@redsopine1 said:
    Thanks I'm gonna head there as soon as reset hit's who knows if I'm lucky I could meet you as a survivor lol same to you vite if your deranked to purple we might get to match

as survivor i am 6 xD i play on pc so maybe rank reset yea for killer

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@Global Very sweet. Congrats on the achievement!

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    grats

now the real game begins
  • lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    Equip lightborn or act like you’re about to pick them up one way and then turn the opposite and just pick them up immediately it will 9/10 times throw the timing off unless there is a guy on the other side of you locked and loaded but if this is a problem go back to step one with lightborn, anytime more than two flashlights pop in my lobby I’m either switching one of my perks to franklins demise or lightborn or both if all of the survivors are bringing flashlights.
  • Global

@Lowbei said:
    grats

now the real game begins

well until the rank reset xD

• redsopine1
    I dont have lb or fd to use and its not that oftern but mostly the bully teams use that map and its worse for me as a survivor I like to solo to get better or I play kyf with a rank one killer so I can improve but how am I supposed to even safety pip with and this is just today 2dc killers after I escaped/lost them after a unhook a hacking doc (made a post and I have proof of it) and a lagging Freddy again proof out of 7 games in 2hrs only 2 I actually got to play without being lagged to death on the hook left for a hatch forced to dc as I knew I would just be tunnled by a hacker and had 2 items lost from dcing killer's heck I hate using swf but that's like the only time I feel.safe enough to play survivor is with friends
  • chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355
    Man, what a stressful journey. Congrats! Now take a little break and chill x) 
  • Global

@chococri said:
    Man, what a stressful journey. Congrats! Now take a little break and chill x) 

Heh yea i was gonna wait till the new cosmetics for the hallowed blight or sooner. Ill just play some survivor and gain some bp.

GG

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Nice.
  • benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178

@redsopine1 said:

Watch some killer streamers that have a lot of hours and see how they handle flashlights. you only think flashlights are bs because you don't know how to play around it. watch what zubat or truetalent does, then practice it. i used to think the same way as you until I learned what to do and with the new pick up speed, no problem.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Legit question, is this an achievement people normally struggle with? I don't mean to burst your bubble or anything (upvote for awesome for you), but I can't not get rank 1 and I'm at 200 hours. The first time I even hit rank 1 was with a bottom tier killer with incomplete perks. Like I am legitimately stuck at rank 1 no matter what killer or build I play. It's extremely hard to de-pip.

Either way though, congrats man if this was an achievement you were struggling with.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@redsopine1 said:

Slug and/or Franklin's Demise, and emphasize multiple hits before pick-ups. Survivors almost always heal and/or recover their items before attempting anything. You could also add Agitation for actually running people down while carrying someone, but it's probably unnecessary.

Tunneling is extremely strong at higher ranks, as you can erase someone quickly and gain a massive advantage. Camp if you want, though I personally don't have a taste for it, even maining a strong camping killer. There's no denying that it's strong, especially since you can camp/tunnel that hooked survivor, which means at least 2 survivors are not doing generators (one saving, one hooked).

For rank 1 pre-Emblem, I used Pig with:
    -NOED
    -A Nurse's Calling (optional)
    -Make Your Choice
    -Hex: Ruin

I never de-pipped while doing it, but got several safety pips--including some with 2 kills and some hooks. (Old system was a little inconsistent on that part. /shrug) I wouldn't say I ever camped, but I did use a final hook as bait sometimes when survivors got bold for saves while NOED was up. I turned a myriad of 0-1Ks into 3Ks with the help of that perk. Play-style, I don't beeline Ruin at the start of matches most of the time. You can end up leading survivors to it, and chances are it's doomed once someone sees it and you can't hook near it.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

SWF teams can be difficult. I play some really toxic ones at times. But it doesn't even matter. Nothing to blame not ranking up on. When you're not against a SWF team you just can't afford to lose. Smash solo lobbies and safety pip vs SWF and easy rank 1.

Congrats on the rank 1 though.

• Global

@iceman2kx said:
    Legit question, is this an achievement people normally struggle with? I don't mean to burst your bubble or anything (upvote for awesome for you), but I can't not get rank 1 and I'm at 200 hours. The first time I even hit rank 1 was with a bottom tier killer with incomplete perks. Like I am legitimately stuck at rank 1 no matter what killer or build I play. It's extremely hard to de-pip.

Either way though, congrats man if this was an achievement you were struggling with.

See its not other people who struggle with it. I do. Ive learned it takes more time than skill to rank up and i am a very impatient person. Plus its just another one of the harder acheivements that i need to get over with. Getting evil incarnate might be a bit harder but that is an achievement that can be settled in one game not multiple long games that can be bad or good.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Congrats. Had it not been for the screenshot you took, there would have been no other way for you to prove how hard you worked because of the lack of leaderboards. 

Welcome to the struggle.