Should dbd add in game comms or a slasher mode?

Options
Voodoomancer
Voodoomancer Member Posts: 28
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

What do I mean by this? I played Friday the 13th on ps4. Even though it has a dedicated party system I felt more incentivized to use the in game proximity chat with the walkie talkies. It gave a bigger sense of urgency to find them and made being immersed a gameplay benefit rather than an hinderance.

I'm not as knowledgable as a lot of you on here, but if BHVR tried to implement this could it improve on solo survivor gameplay?

Should there be an option to only cue up as doubles and just leave full swf for custom games?

Should there be a slasher mode that only allows solo queuing or the option to vote on banned perks while in the lobby? Like 4 survivors pick a single perk each and the killer picks 4 perks. Kinda like a draft pick on a moba.

Post edited by Voodoomancer on

Comments

• Voodoomancer
    Options

Bump

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,541
    Options

No.

Adding in global voice chat for Solo's is fine.

Locking people's ability to play with friends is not.

• Voodoomancer
    Options

Could you go into more depth rather than just simple x is bad or x is good? I could see multiple pros and cons for both sides of keeping queuing limited vs not.

What are your opinions on the matter?

Should they change how the game is played so there is multiple queues for casual or more serious play with the serious play being solo or doubles only?

These are the kind of thoughts I was looking for.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

They should add to the rating system like if you've been impressed by a player continuously by someone and you've rated it there should be a mark on them the next time you see them in a lobby. If all four other players gave you good marks you should be rewarded 10k blood points or 100 iridescent shards but you only have the option to give good marks to 2 players (killer and a survivor) This would incentivize good playing without too much abuse going on.

• Voodoomancer
    Options

That's a pretty cool idea! I like how they have the "how did you enjoy the match" rating. I would love to give some people an extra boost for going above and beyond. Especially as a killer, I've seen some plays that make my jaw drop and I'd love to give them something besides a gg.

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229
    Options

Maybe the game could be create killers bots for swf 😂

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,541
    Options

I told you my thoughts.

Solo Q needs help, adding in a global VC would help.

Preventing peoppe from playing with their friends is not going to help. If you buff Solo's enough, you eliminate the need for a power adjustment to SWF.