Killers That Can Beat The Entity - What Do The Developers Think? Community as well.

Options
Judgement
Judgement Member Posts: 955
edited April 2021 in Lore

YouTuber AZHYMOVS posted a video on 11 April about which Killers can possibly defeat the Entity itself.

I wanted to know what the developers at BHVR think about his reasoning and explanations and how accurate he is in his final verdict.

Everyone else is welcome to discuss though!

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Options

I only now realised this probably should have gone into the Lore category, wherever it is. Feel free to move it, Forum Staff, if it needs to be.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,311
    edited April 2021
    Options

Myers and P-Head are only there because they wish to be there.

They are both manifestations of ideas, Myers of Evil itself and Pyramid Head of guilt.

Demogorgon is the only other one with a shot, not because of its own power, but because of the master it serves.

The Mind Flayer could probably take on the Entity, especially if it is released in it's full-form and even more so if it corrupts the Entity's Realm using the Upside-Down.

Hint Hint BHVR that'd be a wicked event to drop near the release of Stranger Things Season 4.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,271
    Options

I never understood the idea that Myers would be able to attack the Entity in any meaningful way. Yes, he's effectively immortal. Yes, he's absurdly strong both mentally and physically. Yes, he's unquestionably evil. But when it comes down to it, he's just a big guy with a penchant for murder. What's he gonna do against something he cannot even begin to grasp the scope of? What's he gonna stab a knife into? The air?

He cannot starve the Entity of survivor sacrifices, because there are FAR too many trials for him to make any meaningful impact. Besides, even if Myers could deprive the Entity of a meaningful amount of sacrifices and emotions, why would it even allow him to?

I can't say whether the same applies to Pyramid Head. I don't know whether it's suggested that Silent Hill still has influence over him (it?). If not, then the Entity could easily manipulate was the Red Pyramid Thing sees. If the town does have influence over him, the same treatment as Myers wouldn't seem like a stretch.

As for the Mind Flayer mentioned here, I have no idea. Never seen the show.

• Pulsar
    Options

Myers is Evil given shape, if you will. He is, in essence, a vessel for a much larger entity.

Same with Pyramid Head, to my knowledge.

The Mind Flayer has shown to be able to possess hundreds of people, build a reflection world and create its own creatures, so far as we know. I've always suspected the Demogorgon was here as a spy, to keep tabs on the Entity.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737
    edited April 2021
    Options

Seeing as the entity's power seems to be dominating the wills of others and using them to do its bidding, the same could be said for it. It cannot dominate Myer's will, he serves himself. I expect a stalemate between the two, neither able to influence the other in any meaningful way.

• GentlemanFridge
    Options

But even so, Michael is still limited by his physical body. He cannot project himself into every single trial, as far as I know.

• Pulsar
    Options

Myers would simply stalk the Entity, building up power to unleash Tier IV

• GentlemanFridge
    Options
  • Pulsar
    Options

He cannot. Perhaps, he doesn't need to.

The Evil that has chosen him seems to protect him and gives him what he needs. The man took two .38 rounds to the forehead, took 6 to the body and was fine.

I see no reason that the Evil which drives him couldn't adapt to the Entity. Technically, Myers could just leave, as the Entity has no power over him.

• GentlemanFridge
    Options

But how would he leave? Aren't the trials hosted in pocket dimensions? Isn't the Entity an entire dimension in and of itself? As I said, Myers may be exceptionally powerful physically and mentally, but I doubt even he can pass through the very fabric of several realities.

I suppose this comes down to what canon you believe is more powerful, either this "Evil" you mentioned, or the Entity.

• Pulsar
    Options

It flat-out states that Myers came willingly and that the Entity couldn't force him. Similarly, Myers can kill Survivors whenever he pleases, lore-wise and the Entity, while displeased, can do nothing to stop him.

Simple insanity won't protect you from the Entity , as Doctor is insane, but is still controlled. Huntress and Leatherface both have innocent child-like minds, but are also controlled.

Ergo, whatever powers Myers is outside of the Entity's sphere of power.

• GentlemanFridge
    Options

"He does not strike me as someone who even went unwillingly to this place. Is there more to this being than I can fathom? - Baker

I assume this is what you're referring to.

I interpreted that as the Entity not having to do anything to 'persuade' him into killing. Unlike all the other killers up to that point, Michael just kills because it's what he does, rather than the Entity having to corrupt him into doing so. It didn't have to (and most likely can't) drive him insane, nor can he torture him into submission. It doesn't say that Michael just wantonly entered the trials without the Entity opening up to him. I think the Entity found Michael, and not the other way round.

Yes, I am willing to believe that Michael's source of power comes from outside the Entity, and that therefore the Entity cannot control him like it would with other killers. But to what extent does "can't control" go? If the Entity truly has no control over Myers, then why is he not killing everything and anything left and right by hand ad finitum? Why is the Entity still doing fine despite it having an immensely risky wildcard within its trials? If Myers truly can't be controlled, then what's stopping him from turning the trials into perfect killing fantasies, where HE can capture anyone that has ever done him wrong into the trials and stab, stab, stab 'em 'till he gets bored?

I guess I'm just hesitant to just say that Michael can just 'adios' his way out of there. It just makes him seem like a Marty Stu who can just go "screw the rules". Then again, the same can be said for the Entity itself, ig.

• Khorzad
    Khorzad Member Posts: 143
    Options

I have never bought the idea that any Killer can threaten the Entity, that the Entity fears Myers or Pyramid Head. As dangerous as they are, they are just individuals, while the Entity is a literal living universe that has eaten the population of entire planets across the multiverse. You need to be close to a Pennywise type of being to be at the very least a peer or superior to the Entity.

Below that? The worst thing that they can do is that the Entity can’t manipulative them as it can with other killers, but as long as they do their job and hook/kill survivors, which Michael loves to do and PH has agreed to do it is not going to care that much.

Michael being pure evil is pointless, because besides the fact that is just an implication and never confirmed in the movies (at worst, he is a guy cursed to be evil by an evil rune in some continuities). And even him killing survivors I don’t think is full disobedience, because that still feeds the Entity and he needs an add-on to do that (in comparison, the Spirit, Hag and PH can do it under their own power/perks).

Pyramid Head “damaging” the floor is not really an attack, given that the Entity destroys and recreates the realms after each trial, and the devs implied that power was given by the entity, while the cages are the magic of Silent Hill. And even the town itself seems to be below to something like the Entity.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Nah i HIGHLY doubt that, The mind flayer made a world while the entity made a WHOLE universe The Entity is far more stronger than the mind flayer but it would still be sick to see them fight

• ItzZane_
    Options

None of the killers could beat The Entity IMO if you don't want to be a killer boom you're going to get tortured til you agree on killing or you'll be simply thrown into The Void

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,817
    Options

No killer alone could beat the Entity, but the fact Silent Hill has its own God, and the town feeds off of the guilt, fears and torment of those within it, it has the best chance.

Pyramid Head can carve up the realm, bringing bits of Silent Hill into the realm. The Entity effectively has to heal itself. Pyramid Head can use these cuts to execute survivors, using the influence and power from Silent Hill. Even the cages are stealing from the Entity. Not to mention Midwich realm if held in place by chains. The Entity is a guilt buffet and whilst the Entity seeps into many worlds, Silent Hill is feeding off of it.

The Entity's main strength is that the cult of Silent Hill is what tries to expand its influence, and not the God itself. It seems mostly passive when not manipulated by man. If it was, however, the Sun Goddess would be a powerful foe of the Entity. Pyramid Head alone would not be enough to kill it.

• Pulsar
    Options

There's no proof of that.

The Entity makes copies of places from people's memories. It hasn't actually built anything on its own yet.

• ItzZane_
    Options

Go to the lore stream back in 2018 They said that the realm isn't just a bunch of maps & the sub-realms It's more than that It's a whole Universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI0NOK6jrts Here is the link to the stream btw I don't really remember the timestamp tho

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options
  • DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

No killer can defeat the entity, but Pyramid Head is actively fighting it. Hear me out.

Pyramid Head shows up only when he has someone to torment. It wouldn't make sense if that person was Cheryl of if it was any of the killer or survivor cast. Pyramid Head is here to torment the entity itself, and it does this any way it can, which is why it utilizes cages and the final judgement. It starves the Entity of its power. The entity is simply using the trials in an attempt to contain him.

If you ask me, BHVR doesn't get NEARLY enough credit for how they implement licensed characters into the game.

• ItzZane_
    Options

The realms & sub-realms are the pocket dimensions, We honestly don't know but 1 thing that's for sure is that the entity's realm is a whole universe Take vigo's lab & the tower for example those 2 aren't sub-realms

• Pulsar
    Options

Whose to say they aren't?

So far as we know, the Mind Flayer also controls the entire Upside-Down, which was described as a parallel dark reflection of our own universe.

• ItzZane_
    Options

There are 6 sub-realms

Campfire

Dream World

Spirit World

Ethereal Plane

Upside Down

The Void

(If you don't believe me check the wiki)

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options
  • ItzZane_
    Options

We don't know, but they are there, Somewhere in The Fog

• BarbecueiChilli
    BarbecueiChilli Member Posts: 138
    Options

We don't know how much entity is powerful, we can say that he is more powerful than most of the killers that he took, because he gain power from sacrifising survivors, there are a lot of survivors that we don't know, A LOT. With that in mind it's easy to say that nobody can take down the entity from the killers that we know. Maybe some other elder god but we don't know if there exists other gods

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options

I'm late to this, but I feel any killer that lore-wise was controlled by a powerful being, such as Demo or PH, could stand a chance, or at least their "master" could.

My problem with this is that the true nature of the Upside Down isn't known. While we know more about the Entity, what we don't know throws a wrench into the whole thing and brings up a lot of what-ifs. The Mind Flayer is shown to want to take over other worlds, this could extend to the Entity.

Then there's PH, it's been a while since I've learned about SH lore but from what I remember, the cult featured in the games worships a God that is shown to exist by the in-game events. This is a God capable of creating warped replications of the "real" world, much like the Entity.

I'm not good with lore discussion but I think it's fun, would love to hear what others think about all this.

• ItzZane_
    Options

I mean the entity took 2 gods and made them killers, The Minotaur and Hades, Plus the possibilities are endless There could be a universe where there are other intelligent creatures that live with humans, Or a universe where animals can talk The possibilities are endless

• BarbecueiChilli
    Options

Minotaur is not a god and we this Hades is still a clown, this isn't a legendary cosmetic, and the best time to take down The Entity is Hollow Blight event

• ItzZane_
    Options

The problem is, The entity would just throw the killers & survivors into the void and get new ones, The Entity chooses those who have hope in them So taking someone who's depressed as a survivor is not the best idea And in one of the streams the devs mentioned that Hades had been taken as a killer for the entity

• BarbecueiChilli
    Options

Thank you, now I will wait to play him for ages BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT

• Krunga
    Krunga Member Posts: 159
    Options

Pyramid Head is the only killer who can completely disobey the Entity. If all killers become PH torment only mains the Entity will die.

• ijustregist
    ijustregist Member Posts: 31
    Options

That is stupid; I don't even understand why Entity doesn't torture killers who disobey The Entity.

• Khorzad
    Khorzad Member Posts: 143
    edited May 2021
    Options

I commented here my mistake, but I am going to take advantage and edit my opinion of the actual subject: I said before in similar threads and my opinion is the same.

I don’t think there are any killers that can beat the Entity in any way. Not Myers, freddy nor even PH, because the Entity is basically a living universe that you can’t stab or injure. The only thing that a future killer or survivor could do is escape the realm, which is what the observer is looking for.

Post edited by Khorzad on
  • Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461
    Options

in pyramid head's case, is that he is there to torture the entity,

and Miguel Mayas is just there.

• GentlemanFridge
    Options

Why would the Entity voluntarily let Pyramid Head torture itself? His bio literally states that an agreement was made with the Entity, and I highly doubt the Entity would just go "yeah sure you can hurt me whenever you want".

• ijustregist
    ijustregist Member Posts: 31
    Options

If i was right, Pyramid Head in DBD isn't that "Pyramid Head" on Silent HIll either way or because Pyramid Head DBD is just made possible with Auric Cell? For Michael Myers, that's stupid when i see one of the video talking about Entity i got the picture of The Void, As Entity had eaten alot of hopes from survivors and put them all in The Void. Doesn't make sense for Entity just to get hungry to death... he makes lot of trials not just for michael myers, for different killers too.

• ItzZane_
    Options

It does that, If a killer gets "Entity displeased" They're tortured And if they do their job, They get a "thank you" from the entity or someone they loved/admired