Options
sqmuxl
sqmuxl Member Posts: 52

i love it

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Very good overall. Lucky break could use a nerf and the twins change was unnecessary but otherwise it’s great!

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

A huge disappointment, in my opinion. There wasn't a single good change.

• sqmuxl
    sqmuxl Member Posts: 52
    Options

lucky break does seem too overpowered imagine being on lerys or Hawkins where it's dark with dark clothing the killer couldn't find you after a hit

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,234
    Options

A few good changes but mostly bad.

• Phasmamain
    Options

How so?

Demo changes are great

Huntress changes are minimal but with iri head gone I’m happy

Freddy nerf is minor and just makes him a bit less frustrating to fight

Perk changes are great besides lucky break but I’m glad they are trying to make more meta perks

Twins change is the only weird one

• Blueberry
    edited April 2021
    Options

Demo changes are buffs yes which is nice, but not enough and the changes actually address none of their core issues at all. It shows they fundamentally don't understand what's wrong with Demo.

Huntress Iri head nerf is good, however it was made useless. You are weaker running that addon than not using it, that's bad design. I also don't agree with some of her other addon changes.

Freddy nerf was more minor than we expected yes, however even if it was minor he didn't need a nerf in the first place.

Trickster buffs while nice, still aren't enough or address his core issues.

Twins nerf is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm glad they can be a little heavier handed on the perk buffs with Lucky Break but possibly too far, we'll see. Honestly all it needed was its timer removed and it would be Iron Will for blood.

I know you disagree but BT getting a buff is just straight up mind boggling. It was literally already an S tier meta perk before. Yeah we can say it lost a few seconds on its timer, who cares, changes near nothing. Just the principle that they thought BT needed a buff just tells me we aren't even on the same page. BT needs its abuse removed, IE body blocking for people. It's anti-tunnel for the guy on the hook, not 3rd health state for a rescuer. It needs to give the rescued person zero collision instead of the Endurance status effect. This makes it an even more powerful anti-tunnel as it protects from multi hits such as a Bubba saw while also removes the abuse side of it. It would deactivate early if they touched an objective of course like DS to prevent the other side of abuse.

The new map look gorgeous but still not balanced well. We also have multiple required to break walls again if we don't want to run infinite's.

The rest the changes in the PTB I'm generally okay with. Would have really been nice to see a balanced amount of changes to perks on both sides however rather than nothing but survivor perks and 1 meaningless killer perk.

• Phasmamain
    Options

BT makes a lot of sense since having killers like Wraith or pig just being able to camp while undetectable was dumb.

Iri add ons are meant to change the killers playstyle for the worse mostly. Things like body blocker hag or tombstone Myers are good examples of iri’s imo. I’d rather they add a range requirement though

Freddy needed a small nerf to his sleep cycles and nothing more. Making it easier to stay awake would make worse Freddy’s have a bad time while better freddy’s who work around it do the same

Trickster is flawed no matter how much they change him. He’s annoying as hell to fight and is pretty much a low skill low tier huntress

The visual reworks aren’t about balance tbf it’s just visual for the most part

I think it’s because killer generally has a wider amount of viable perks because of how they have different powers

• Blueberry
    edited April 2021
    Options

Wraith and Pig both have delays before their hits allowing for chances to save if done well. You also have DS available. How many times does this realistically happen anyway? I can't even remember the last time and I don't run BT. BT is almost always a god tier perk regardless of the situation or game and this is removing the tiny, tiny little scenario it's not. Regardless, I have less issues with it now always activating and more issues with the fact that they saw this as a priority but not it's abuse.

I disagree about Iri addons, that is not their goal. Their goal is to give a different play style, not a worse play style.

Freddy already got curb stomped by good survivors. People could easily choose to wake up before through boxes or failing a skill check but simply chose not to because they'd rather greed the gens completely. His counter play was there, just no one used it. It was a matter of "his counter play is there but I just don't want to have to do anything different and I'd rather him be countered without me changing anything", essentially. If you want to argue his skill cap is low or he's boring to face I can get behind that, but his power level was not too high.

The reworks being primarily about visuals and not balance is what's bad. Most the maps need heavy balance reworks.

Survivor actually has a much wider variety of decent perks available. The entire reason why you see less perk variety on survivor is not because they don't have more good perks, it's because they have some perks that are just completely way too strong and on an entire other level of power to where the rest the perks simply look bad by comparison. The second chance perks in this game are way out of control and in an unhealthy state.

• BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555
    Options

Demo doesn't much and he got a small buff. I wish he had the following on base kit:

5s of undetectable after using a portal

5m detection range on portal without the need to charge Shred.

And the following as add-ons

An add-on that reduce his walking/running sound for some nice stealt play

+5s of undetectable for a total of 10s after he portal

No sound/reduce sound when using a portal

Detection range increase by 5m radius (total of +10m raduis of detection around his portal)

New Rats Liver give him like 102-103%

and some other

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,348
    Options

i love the way the farm maps now look, i always wanted some daylight map

trickster changes helped him a bit( i still think he could be a 115% killer with like 30 blades max)

i havant testet twins there so cans say much i play them for 3 day now

demo changes wont effect me in anyway sic a dont play as him and he is so rare in my matches

Freddy should get harder nerf in my opinin he is to easy to use for the power he has

the new bt seem nice since it will be dealing with stealth camping killers

the perfect change for lucky break would be to remove timer and limit it only to blood( killers need to have so way of tracking survivors)

i only dont know why they give survivors i will caal it voice line as they perform slow voult it takes a bit from losing killers and junglejyms

• Senpavo
    Senpavo Member Posts: 105
    Options

I really like new coldwind, that map surely was dated. Love the fact that it's not a daylight map, and glad that the ugly vomit yellow tint is gone and replaced by a nicer honey tint.

Demo changes are MEH, a slight improvement but nothing amazing.

Twins need a buff, not a nerf. No idea why the devs would nerf them.

Glad Freddy got nerfed, wish they made staying awake a little bit easier though.

New BT is amazing, at least stealth/small TR killers won't just down you in a second.

Perks changes are meh, lucky break needs to be nerfed. Wish they looked at more killer perks since there's plenty of bad ones still.

I hope that the cosmetics and the new rift loooks good, hopefully Zarina gets something nice.