I am pretty sure bloodwebs are broken

Let me explain. I didn't notice it until after trickster came out, so I am assuming that this is a patch related bug. Anyway, the issue in question is in relation to perk diversity, or the lack thereof. You see, while levelling trickster up, my bloodweb had a horrible trend of giving me all the worst perks. This is normal, nothing unusual. What was peculiar, however, was that it would ONLY give me said perks. What I mean is that I would say get unrelenting tier 1 and stbfl tier 1 at level 16. I pick stbfl and the entity takes unrelenting. Now, on level 17, it gives me unrelenting tier 1 and stbfl tier 2. Confused, I pick stbfl again. Entity takes unrelenting again. At level 18, it gives me unrelenting (again) and pop goes the weasel tier 1 (a better perk). I pick pop and then at level 19, you guessed it, it gives me unrelenting and pop goes the weasel tier 2. This issue has been occurring for all of my killers, whether low level or not. The bloodweb encourages me to make all my perks I currently have tier 2 before I ever get any new ones. So i would be at level 45 with very few perk diversity and all tier 2 perks (most of which are useless). I write onto here to see if it is an actual issue that has been facing anyone else, or if it isn't. I understand bloodwebs are supposed to be diverse, but the entity practically forces me to upgrade my perks to tier 2. One last example is Dragon's grip kept appearing in my bloodweb for about 8 consecutive levels before i said ######### it and got it. The very next level, I got tier 2 dragon's grip, and instead of a perk, I got an addon. Which made ABSOLTULEY zero sense. Devs, if you read this, please make the bloodwebs feel more random, because this is ######### annoying.

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Happened to me last week when finally leveling up Wraith from lvl 1...it kept giving me same options for unwanted perks every next bloodweb level until I was forced to pick them....so many BP lost and barely any usable perks on him still.

Thanks game

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

It works this way since autumn, regardless of side/character. Apparently it's an unannounced feature rather than a bug.

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593

Ah yes the grind of the blood web you want bbq nah here have whispers and monstrous until you get both level 2 or 3 this is why I won't prestige my killers because of how awful it is to get those good perks back

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I never understood avoiding bad perks in the blood web given that taking it early makes the entity spawn faster to get to the next one faster.

This is along with getting it 3 times removing it from the pool so you're more likely to get what you'd want.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

I've noticed this, as well as I will get the same perk to level 2 then not see it for another 100 bloodwebs.

I have some characters with an entire page of green perks and not a single purple or yellow.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

i had to level up trickster for 80-90 ish bloodwebs to get bbq lvl 1, and then another 10 to get it to lv 2, it kept giving me weak perks like monstrous shrine over and over again, i still didn't buy it

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

100 levels on plague and still haven't got any good perk except same ones over and over until I get them to tier 3

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

I'm waiting for Starstruck on Doctor. I keep getting Undying Light lol

When I get the perks I want, I got them to tier 3 quickly. I unlocked Surge through SoS last week and 2 bloodwebs gave me surge, and then next two bloodwebs gave me surge 2 and then surge 3.

• worriedfeng03
    worriedfeng03 Member Posts: 82

I've noticed that whenever I have a specific build on a survivor that requires a perk that I have yet to get in their bloodweb, I will get every other perk than the one that I actually need to complete a perk build.

I've been trying to get Unbreakable for my No Mither build for over a WEEK!!

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Perks should have no tiers and the T3 be the base effect. This would massively cut down on grind and the RNG factor of getting perks that you want, or even need.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Ya it's been like this for a while but I think it's better. Why would I want 20 perks at tier one? This way it work now my killers at level 20 may only have 10 perks but there at tier 2 or 3. My demo had tier 3 STBL at 15 this run through.

• chargernick85

Yes or at the very least let us recycle unwanted items/offerings at half/third of the price. That would help tremendously as well.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Honestly at the rate that the developers are giving Killers add ons that are literally useless - new or reworked Killers - and changing Survivor add-ons to be somewhat similar (toolbox repair noise reduction etc) I would have expected them to give us a ‘resell’ hand-in-hand with it.

I never held my breath about it though.

• chargernick85

It would really help with prestige. Sell your whole inventory to get some levels next prestige

• Bambizzle
    Bambizzle Member Posts: 15

I've recently switched from console to PC. I learned from my past mistakes. I avoided buying random teachable perks until all my killers and survivors reached P3 with all perks that I want.