VPN Servers ~ Oh My

Baal
Baal Member Posts: 14
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

OK!

Can someone clarify how this game works?

If someone is using a VPN to connect to say the European servers do they lag out other players if they are a killer?

Do killers get the priority server as I know it is dedicated but surely that would put the VPN user at a disadvantage?

Survivors complaining about VPN killers and I just had a killer quit on us because he thought we were using a VPN

Clarification, please

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,767

If a killer uses a vpn their ping will be high as they're connecting to EU servers while not in Europe. This can lead to many unfair advantages for a killer, the biggest of which is hit validation which doesn't seem to work.

If a survivor plays on high ping it's similar in that there are lots of unfair advantages. There'll be a lot of teleporting on the killer's screen as the movement extrapolation attempts to and fails to predict where they'll be in the next second and honestly it's a shitshow

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

Ahhh the lengths people will go to for an advantage in a videogame. Reminds me of the times where you could buy legit Gears of War 2 branded lag switches on ebay.

• VPNService
    VPNService Member Posts: 3

I support GoodBoyKaru's answer. There are only a few exceptions, such as when the VPN-user is on a game-dedicated VPN server (as some companies offer), when they're using a VPN server that is geographically close to them, or when he is on an exceptionally fast connection.

Then of course, it could just be bad connection on the killer's end, as what appears to be the case with your last example.