The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should a match of SWF be adjusted to help killers a bit when playing against SWF?

Yaassin_q8
Yaassin_q8 Member Posts: 72
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

Yes but how?

Post edited by Yaassin_q8 on

Comments

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

I'd like to see SOME sort of balance change to the game. I think players DO need SWF . So they feel like this is a game they can form a group with and play. But at the same time. It is not fun to play against those SWF teams.

For me lately. It is ONLY Warden plays at this point. Which seams very boring and repetitive to have to do. Essentially they are a group of friends in voice comms. They can call out WHOM is being chased and whom is NOT. So that means direct lines of communications means if I am in a chase. The other 3 can be on a generator and pressuring the others away from those generators is NOT possible.

I guess I'd like to see MORE perks that can help change the pace of the match. But not be so Over Powered to make the game UN-appealing either.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

No, they don't need to be Nerfed. What needs to happen is Solo and Team need to be separated into different Queues. The Killer fighting against a SWF needs a 5th Perk Slot opened up, only available in these Team Matches to offset the SWF's 5th Perk (Comms). This should be tested for a bit to see if it is enough; it might be. If not, another objective, i.e. a 6th Generator can be added for SWF teams.

*Even if they didn't break the Queues apart, they could simply set the system to give the Killer the 5th Perk Slot whenever 3+ people enter from a Team Lobby. Problem solved.

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494

First, removing gameplay options for playing with friends isn’t the right way to go about tackling this problem.

Second, object is already getting nerfed to be both healthier and more useful outside of being in swf; so why is being barred from being used?

Additionally, map offerings have their own problems when it comes to how impactful they can change a match. Which is more of a design issue of both the map and the offering.

Finally, why nerf swf when we could buff solo que to have more communication and planning options to the same or similar level of swf, so killers can be buffed collectively and/or individually to better fit the new CONSISTENT power level of survivors.

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804

I like where your head is at but I think instead of punishing people for being in SWF they should reward people for solo or duo queues. Give survivors doing solo's or duo's a 5th 'aura' perk slot.

• Yaassin_q8

I'm a rank 11 killer playing against rank 1-4 swf and i can tell how annoying it is

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

No, instead they should buff solo queue to be as powerful as SWF by giving them a comms system (not voice chat, Scott Jund made a video on this but I can't find it), and then give all killers buffs to top it off.

• Yaassin_q8

That could ruin the game buffing killers who don't need buffs

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

I mean, I've been in the same boat... that's generally less of an issue with Survive with Friends being genuinely OP, and more of an issue with matchmaking.

Yes, SWF are going to be more difficult to verse. But chances are, they're going to make mistakes too. It's just a matter of realising it what they are and capitalising on them. (It's just harder to catch that stuff out when you're a newer player, but once again, that's a matchmaking issue, and in part it's an issue with the learning curve of the game, as this game isn't exactly the easiest thing to learn.)

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

I meant like enhancing their kits, like giving them base-kit Corrupt Intervention or an early-game collapse or something.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

...Flashlights doesn't make a Survivor OP unless you're Hag. They're easy to counter. I think you missed my point.

• Yaassin_q8

I'm a wraith main i do understand you.does object of obsession work against a cloaked wraith?

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Or we could just buff solo queue and killer.

• God_Prof
    God_Prof Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2021

Yeah, but not on point of “nerf” but some adjust.

Just like.... Showing killer either playing with SWF or not, and instead giving killer playing with SWF some advantage BP boost.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

As a survivor main I myself would like to just be consistently matched up with other survivor solos. Finding myself thrown in with a team makes it awkward for me, probably lame for them, and almost assuredly leads the killer to assume that I'm going to be just as much of a troublemaker as the others are.

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598
    edited April 2021

They should keep buffing solo queue's communication to bridge the gap between the two.

Balance the killers after to compensate.

Problem is there are killers that are balanced against a good communicating swf team but oppressive against solo q.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

You can't really nerf SWF, and I don't think they should. I actually think SWF should stay as it is, and that it should be stronger than SoloQ

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598
    edited April 2021

Go get 'em brother!

While swf is an advantage and not a skill the only real solution is to bring communication up for all players solo or swf. Killer has been in the best spot it's been of all time.

EDIT: I've said it a few times here but while there are no public viewable match histories and stats of players, all killers have a false sense of security of their skill level. Killers will always blame swf without repercussions while others can't look up their performance.

Post edited by Toblerone007 on
  • oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,308

Object is already getting changed into something less "abusable". In the "24/7 surveillance of the killer if they're willing to communicate that much" way at least.

And as far as I'm concerned, get rid of map offerings for everyone. Same reason that I think it's totally fine moris are mostly cosmetic and a cool kill as an alternative to 3rd hook, I don't think offerings should have the potential to have a huge impact on gameplay in general.

Ultimately I feel the only approach with any chance whatsoever of ever happening is the "buff base survivors ("solos") and killers" approach. The devs will never ever do direct nerfs or anything that splits the playerbase, or something that might even feel like disincentivizing people from playing together. But not saying your idea falls under any of that, I just think map offerings shouldn't be a thing in general 😄

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,740

Buff solo, buff killers. Swf don't need a nerf because if you do you'll kill the game.

To answer your question, while cloaked it functions like a better Spine Chill. They cannot see your aura, however the perk icon will light up so they know your general location on your screen so will know where to look and where not to run.

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited April 2021

I think a lot of SWF problems need to be addressed, but ultimately SWF is important for the game's success. A big problem with the killer population is killer is a super lonely experience, and once you get up to purple solo Survivor also feels really isolating and awful if you get a bad team.

Balancing around SWF is important. I don't think this should come as purely mechanical buffs to solos (like a 5th perk slot) or mechanical buffs to killers facing a SWF team. But you could do a LOT to make SWF and solos have less of a gap so the game could be balanced always assuming SOME SWF style play.

For example? Default voicecoms. Opt out optional, obviously. But default voicecoms are kinda an industry staple and while it made sense to not have them when solo only was the way to play its just strange there is no default voicecoms.

Another big fix would be giving killer more offering slots. Right now a huge problem with maps is SWF can really force realms super hard in a way that isn't fun and killer has so little control over the match. Likewise, reducing the power of any perk that allows 'direct' confrontation with killers or intends to be a general 'reversal' perk that gives survivors all the power in a given interaction would be important. The DS nerfs are a good example, it just *does not make sense* in DBD for a survivor to know they are safe if they just sit in front of the killer doing an objective. No survivor perk should 'lock down' the killer and it was a good choice for them to make the anti-tunneling perk as weak as it is in terms of openly defying the killer while still making it essentially game winning if it 'fires.' Survivor perks should be more 'meta' and 'long range' than 'In your face.'

Stuff like adding some innate totem protecting would also help, as well as adding a totem tracker. With default voicecoms and a tracker, as well as some sort of 'safety net' for totems, you would 'even out' how bad totems are and would fix a lot of the disparity between 'Its gone before I loaded in because its a 3 man in red ranks' and 'They never even looked for the totem despite it beng next to a gen.'

A big problem with these fixes though is DBD players tend to freak out in regards to any 'bounding' mechanic, despite those being normal and important. Like the fact people think Bloodlust is a 'bad mechanic because it gives killers free chases' shows a lot of illiteracy in these sorts of mechanics that create 'upper bounds' or 'lower bounds' on interactions which DBD desperately needs in order to solve the SWF problem. Because a LOT of DBD's large scale issues are issues of bounding interactions and how much value you can get out of X, or know you will get from X no matter what.

Like a big problem of SWFs is that a LOT of mechanics just do literally nothing to a SWF (traps, totems, a lot of stealth mechanics, basically ANYTHING requiring the killer have hidden information) but mechanics can't be designed around SWF coordination or else you get pub stompers like Freddy (Who is fair vs SWF because you can track him and coordinate waking up, but vs solos every single one of his mechanics just makes him a... Nightmare that grinds the game down because you can't track all of his effects and need to always treat being asleep as a threat so you never finish gens).

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,403

That is not a good idea. You cant measure the benefits of comms with a counter gameplay nerf. Should the gameplay nerf equal a navy seal death squad communication or should it equal the average friend communication? Its really hard to balance and the devs struggle with the current game balance enough. Also you would need to balance every thing (Perks, killer, etc.) for both modes. Stealth killer needs a buff against comms, but then they would be op against solo etc.

So it would be a lot easier to give communication to solos and balance always around survivor with comms.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Yes!

Cleanse them with fire.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

No, I see no world where making it more annoying or limiting in any fashion for people who play in groups to be a good idea, a lot of people dont like playing the game solo queue so obviously only really play swf, its the main reason I play almost no survivor anymore as solo queue can be very annoying.

So why punish or limit those people? the majority of swfs are better then a team of solo queues yes but so what that's the case in any game ever, its more so in this game since it has no in game voice chat or really any proper way to communicate what they plan to do at all but that's not the fault of SWFs that's the fault of devs seemingly refusing to improve solo queue outside of band aid fix perks.

So again for those in the back, THE SOLUTION TO BRING SWF AND SOLO QUEUE CLOSER IS TO BUFF SOLO QUEUE NOT NERF SWF.