The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is distressing good on a wraith?

And what are the best perks for the wraith as a person who didn't unlock the other killers perks?

Best Answers

Answers

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Given his recent unnecessary buffs I'm stressed enough as it is when facing the Wraith.

• TiltedBandy
    TiltedBandy Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2021

please, don't tell me that wraith is high tier now, I'm begging you, I read enough about that Meg

• TiltedBandy
    TiltedBandy Member Posts: 25

Yeah but, I mean you don't ever play a killer without add-ons (except sometimes for challenges) you have so many dude

• miketheratguy

To me he is. The bell was basically the only reliable counter anyone had to being beaned out of absolutely nowhere with him, now it's gone. How much higher tier can a character get than someone who's super fast, invisible, AND silent? How could they possibly make the character's base power any better than it currently is?

If you consider him low tier you straight-up wack, yo.

• miketheratguy

I like the character himself, but now facing him just feels consistently cheap. "Okay, match has started, I'm just going to walk over h- oh look, I caught a .07 second glimpse of The Wraith's blur, started to run, but he was too close and gave no warning so he caught up to me with no trouble anyway. Good thing I don't need special perks or anything to have a fair chance in a situation like this".

I have no clue why it was decided to ignore the tens of billions of requests to nerf the Spirit and figured "nah, let's just make this other killer The Predator instead". Anyway sorry, I've complained enough. I don't mean to hijack the thread.

• Yaassin_q8
    Yaassin_q8 Member Posts: 72

Trapper needs a buff that make the base trap capacity from 1 to 2 and add long wood dye as a default

• miketheratguy

I'm referring to the changes that were applied to The Wraith just like a week ago. People haven't played 6 thousand hours against him.

Besides, I don't care about streamers or their own subjective opinions. I care about my own experiences. Everyone says that The Nurse is the most difficult and stressful killer to face, my matches against her suggest differently.

...For what it's worth I called you "wack" as a joke but your response to that legitimately made me laugh (I'm being serious, no sarcasm or actual offense intended). XD

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,132

Oddly, there is one occassion with The Wraith that actually works surprisingly well! Combining Distressing with The Beast add-on and Unnerving Presence is pretty fun! People tend to make more mistakes with this as they not only watch out for the skill checks, but also looking for any sign of The Wraith makes it more distracting.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited April 2021

Distressing is good on Wraith or GF if you intend to weaponize the additional TR gain. Examples:

Starstruck + Distressing on Wraith is particularly good because you have to come out of cloak to pickup a survivor anyway, but then everyone within your 40m TR is now Exposed, and with his recent speed buff when cloaked, you just need a decent tracking perk or add-on like All-Seeing: Blood to complete the combo for a fast paced snowballing effect.

Another example of how to Weaponize a larger TR with Wraith includes using The Beast: Soot add-on + Distressing, Coulrophobia, Nurses Calling, Sloppy Butcher; Since Wraith is 100% invisible up until 24 meters from survivors, first they get confused by the TR since they can't figure out where it's coming from, second you slow down healing with Coulrophobia + Sloppy Butcher, and finally you see their auras from 28 meters away when healing.

These are just a few suggestions for how you can mess with survivors using Distressing on Wraith, and I'm sure you can think of other combinations of perks and Add-ons that pair well with it for the best synergies.

Of course, If you haven't unlocked any of these other perks, Distressing alone with The Beast: Soot + Coxcomb Clapper add-ons makes for some fun and confusing moments for the survivors that you can take advantage of, you just have to get used to messing with their heads and keeping them paranoid of your whereabouts. This may not be as effective as making builds around weaponizing the Terror Radius with Distressing, but It's still pretty darn fun watching them panic and getting the upper hand because of it.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I don't know what perks are the best for him. But I know some perks that are really good on him, for example, A Nurses Calling, Discordance, Make Your Choice, POP, Sloppy, Surge, and maybe Tinkerer.