The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

When will the trapper get buffed ?

really excited.

Best Answers

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014
    Answer ✓

I'm hoping he gets buffed or reworked the next mid-chapter.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 571
    Answer ✓

I'm hoping he gets brown bag base kit at some point. I just don't feel like dumping tons of blood points into him for a bunch of one time use consumables to make him feel like he has an actual power.

• glitchboi
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓

He still needs changes, the buffs he got are nice but he is still very underpowered. The Small Game and Slippery Meat reworks were indirect buffs to him, and no one really used those perks.

Also the pick-up and trap setting speeds were the buffs in 2018 I was talking about.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    Answer ✓

They've also updated Slippery Meat and have planned changes to Small Game to make them not affected by bear traps.

Back then when they could think of so many Perks while there were so few Killer, that many perks directly counter Trapper. Even with items or map offering

• Small game
    • Slippery meat
    • Saboture
    • Dead hard
    • Toolbox
    • Map can detect traps
    • Offering to indoor realms
    • Offering with luck

Look at later Killer, most has a single perk that can counter their power. Calm spirit vs Doc, Ironwill vs Spirit, Urban vs Hag, DH vs Nurse...

Trapper doesnt need a buff, he needs QoL improved, which hes getting it slowly, 2 minor things per year.

Just able to carry 2 traps & traps spawn closer to the middle of the map instead at a very corner. Would be enough for him.

• glitchboi
    Answer ✓

Honestly I'd be fine if his Trapper Sack becomes base-kit, though I would love for Logwood Dye to be base-kit as well because of how much these map reworks are screwing him over.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Answer ✓

earliest is next chapter but they rarely do large reworks or buffs during chapter updates so it would be not the next mid chapter but the one after the next chapter so probably like 6 months

• Soulpaw
    Soulpaw Member Posts: 290
    Answer ✓

probably around the time they buff pig, after tons of small, unnecessary nerfs then a crumb of a buff that does literally nothing. then they may consider putting it on their to do list

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Answer ✓

We have decided to remove the bag set of addons as they were appearing to much in trapper games.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994
    Answer ✓

Never because the balance devs thinks he is "fine"

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Answer ✓

When they re-rework the maps again and actually add grass to the ground.

Answers