Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Are You Satisfied With the Optimization and Performance of DBD?

Pulsar
Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Are you satisfied with how the game runs on your platform?

If so, why? If not, why?

Are You Satisfied With the Optimization and Performance of DBD? 63 votes

Yes, I am satisfied with the performance and optimization of DBD on my platform.
22%
RainbowPatooieSkeletalEliteTaigaGeneralVTunnelVisionCritical_FishKiwayGenerator_Repairerbeachedrysmbowoswager21TheArbiterTrickstaaaaa 14 votes
No, I am not satisfied with the performance and optimization of DBD on my platform.
66%
kodiakyTragicSolitudeTheRockstarKnightmusstang62MrPenguinMazoobiPulsarInsaneCoasterPlantCollectorIcewhisperthefallenloserWarcrafter4TatariuDoug_FDeath_Syko21cynicalSlamitienotstarboardbm33DerZuntor 42 votes
Undecided.
11%
WoodywoolTapeKnotDimekMaxwellxtr4meNathan13simpforfelix 7 votes

Comments

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    No, I am not satisfied with the performance and optimization of DBD on my platform.

Xbox dbd is... not fun, to put it into words.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267
    Yes, I am satisfied with the performance and optimization of DBD on my platform.

I don't know why people complain. I played on the PlayStation Pro 4 and it runs good. But I play mainly on my computer, and it runs fine.

• simpforfelix
    simpforfelix Member Posts: 66
    Undecided.

looks terrible on switch, pretty much can only play survivor because you lose survivors so easy as killer because the game looks blurry

looks fine on literally anything else

except for probably mobile and possible google stadia but never played those so cant say

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

I'm a Console Gamer 😎

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Xbox one? Or Xbox series x?

Because it may an Xbox issue in general. Since I played on my PS4 pro and for me It never has lagged or stuttered. Anyway you should get a good computer if this is an issue for you. I used to be a console person myself. I always thought playing on a PC was trash. But as soon as I got a decent PC, I realized playing on PC is much better than console.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Xbox One X.

A lot of people have said the opposite.

I shouldn't have to buy an expensive PC to play a 5 year old game.

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481

Every time I either hit a survivor or get hit by a killer with sloppy butcher my Xbox gets 20 degrees hotter and my frame-rate turns into a slideshow occasionally

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445

Look, ive played both xbox and ps4 pro and they are the exact same. Its really down to internet or if you ever play the game for more than 2 hours before restarting app

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm No.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

I'm struggling to keep a stable 60fps, even on PC. I've also passed the recommended requirements. Game was WAY more stable in 2019.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Mobile looks good tbh, and Stadia probably looks fine. However, Switch could really use 720p and maybe a brighter environment for older Switch models (I have the launch Switch model).

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

I play on PS4 Pro. The answer is a hard no.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

I play on pc and run on all low settings and the game runs at between 100-120 fps usually but anytime a gen pops someone uses dead hard or many other activities my game freezes for a sec

• Babawizwiz
    Babawizwiz Member Posts: 347

i play on pc, and always have higher fps on survivor, constantly getting 55-60 fps on ultra 100% res. But as a killer, in maps like asylum or chapel, i often drop to 40 even with low settings and auto adjust.

I also have to adjust my display settings to 100% (default 125%) to avoid mouse input delays

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

platform: pc

i dont really get lag spikes and the game isnt that demanding when it comes to fps (i have an average pc). unfortunately its the opposite for console players (as much as i hate console players, bhvr should do something about it). the game crashes every now and then for me but im sure thats just an internet problem

• cynical
    cynical Member Posts: 19

Back in 2019 when I started playing on my laptop, I had really no problems with the optimization. Freddy's dream world and stuff like Madness tiers and being broken with Plague's power kinda lagged the game but it wasn't noticeable. I can't really tell when the change happened cause I've taken breaks but nowadays those same effects along with Pyramidheads torment thingy? affect my gameplay quite a lot. It's no secret that those are the worst killers for me to go against but it certainly doesn't help lol I also can't play as Freddy 'cause being in the dream world for the whole game is just unbearable with the little lag spikes etc. Also some reworked maps cause performance issues for me too, mainly Azarov's.

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293

Before Trickster came out everything was fine, and I could play with 60fps on Ultra with no problems, but since the Trickster Update came I need to play on Low to get 60fps, everything above Medium is unplayable.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited May 2021

When my killer matches start and the camera spins around my character before POV becoming first-person, that spin is usually displayed by 4 separate frames at best.

PC, above min requirement specs, lowest settings possible. Performance used to be much better in 2016-2017.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,276

I play PS.

The game runs like garbage on anything other than PC.

It doesn't help that the game doesn't look particularly great. It runs just about as well as Control on PS4, and Control looks amazing.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

I'm on ps4, DBD poor performance makes me sad. 😔

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

I can just brute force the game with my PC, but I feel bad for console players.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,790

PC. I am so tired of my game freezing whenever a status effect is applied for the first time... And of dropping frames on the offerings screen (BHVR please, it's a bit of smoke, a few simple animations, and up to five static images)... And of high GPU utilization even while in the menus... The campfire is way too simple of a scene to demand like 50-80% GPU utilization on low / 60 FPS for a GTX 1060 6GB. My system specs are substantially stronger than the recommended specs for this game, so it's frustrating that this is even a concern.

I feel really bad for anyone on a last-gen console or a low-end PC.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

I run Dead by Daylight on a very good PC. Yet, even though it's capable of running other games in 4K 60 fps just fine, Dead by Daylight struggles to run at High-Ultra settings on even 1440p. The game tends to stutter, and overall feels sluggish compared to other games.

My PC specs, if you're curious:

• Ryzen 7 3700x
    • RTX 2060
    • 16GB
    • Playing on an SSD
  • RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322

Only voting yes because the screen tearing stopped and I can turn off vsync and get my frames back.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

I am on PS5 but PS4 is virtually unplayable.