Plague's relationship with The Entity

Options
A_Can_Of_Air
A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,999

I got to thinking about her more and how she perceives the trials. I imagine that she believes she's doing what she does for her god, and that it isn't a bad thing. She justifies her sacrifices as a necessity to appease her god, or to repay it for saving her and allowing her to live. I don't think she's a bad person, she just grew up in an environment where sacrifices to the gods were needed, and completely justified.

Her Mori especially, is her essentially sacrificing a survivor, but in a more ritualistic way. We can assume that she sees The Entity as her god, as I'm sure she's aware that it put her in the trials.

Do you think she is The Entities favourite due to her devotion and blind faith? Or do you think it's someone else?

Comments

• Kate_Main_01
    Kate_Main_01 Member Posts: 504
    Options

This is a really interesting theory about the Clown and Ghost Face - I'm curious about what bit of lore made you think that? I'd love to know if I missed something and there are tidbits about the Entity favoring them.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,820
    Options

For the Clown, he traversed into the realm, bringing his caravan, horse and all with him. His bio talks of the realm being "perfect", and sets up camp to await his next victims. The Entity has allowed him to have belongings, which it's not bothered with others. It allows him to feel he is in the perfect place and even seems to allow him to prepare, when other killers are just thrown in.

He is also refered to as a parasite, which ironically is what the Entity effectively is; feeding off the fears and hopes of others. Taking into account it effectively laying a red carpet out (compared to other killers), it's probably because it recognises a familiarity in the Clown.

I also think that the devs mentioned the Entity has a liking for him, although I have no reference as to where I thought I heard it from. But overall, the depravity of Jeffrey seems to have been rewarded, and his life mirrors the Entity in that they both travel to find victims, torture them and collect stuff to feed their desires.

As for Danny Johnson, his wavering cloak that seems to float has been mentioned as its connection to the Entity. This was mentioned in a dev stream a while back, or so I read.

Also, like Jeffrey, he's also parasitic; searching for prey to fulfill his desires. The Entity seems to have a keen liking for parasites, which makes it rather interesting that something so powerful has affinities like this.

So, the Entity may just be a parasite with abnormally bizaar powers, that seems to have found a way to manipulate Auric Cells. Hypothetically, if it wasn't as powerful until discovering these, what was it originally and how did it feed before?

• I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324
    Options

most of the archive lore recently has been as generic as possilbe and also as contradicting to old lore as possible so maiden guard will change it