The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Last survivor 1st hook

SMitchell8
SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

My last 3 games as survivor have seen me become the last survivor to be found and caught, yet without a single hook state lost, I think its pretty unfair that you get auto sacraficed without any kind of chance to reverse the result or earn any struggle points. You litterally keep safe from the killer all game yet if you get hooked last, you've lost 2 lives in 1. The killer inevitability stands there spamming his/her power as if he's owned you.

I do believe you should get the usual hook escape attempts and atleast a few seconds to struggle to make the killer wait, or you can just not struggle and accept defeat.

Your thoughts

Comments

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

What I was thinking. Taking aggro when everyone else is on death hook to let others more time (and pressure on the Killer by working on a generator).

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Its fine the way it is. The way I see it if you are last person caught it doesn't matter how many times you have been hooked. Your caught, games over.

As a survivor its a good idea to not be that last guys with no hooks. Unless the killer is tunneling you should do your best to spread out the hooks with your team. Its not about staying safe from the killer all match, its about escaping as a team.

If you really want those struggle points take a hook for your team.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

I play with many people like you. Help other suvs and make the killer chase you, don’t finish the game with 0 hooks.

• LilCrapper
    LilCrapper Member Posts: 89

Picture this......

You are the last survivor. Killer just found you. Killer gets a down on you. Hooks you. You attempt to break free. SUCESS! But wait... The killer was watching you from 5ft away the entire time!!!! Downs you 10 ft from hook. Hooks you again. Enjoy your struggle points?

I hope this exercise enlightens you as to why the game design is the way it is

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

What would be the point?

You jump off the hook; Killer is 2 feet away, hits you, and re-hooks you. He has nowhere to be, since you're the last one hooked. D. Strike? Ok, the Killer lets you bleed out for 60 seconds, THEN picks you back up & hooks you again. Now you're in the Struggle Phase for no reason.

To waste the Killer's time? Why? To spite them because they killed you? That's a new level of petty. Why does the Killer deserve to have his time wasted just because he hooked you? That's literally his goal.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

The thing is, if you do that, you tank a hit and take over the chase, then get downed and then die on first hook, how is that any better? Because that happens a lot in solo queue as well. Thats why i stopped doing it.

• SMitchell8

Killer may walk to close hatch. Atleast get another small chase and a few points. Appreciate its not an easy thing to implement

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

I play solo, and you should help others. Also you’ll have more fun

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

No i dont, because it happens to often that you make such commitment to the team and they just let you die.

I had a game where i found a key in a chest, was working with another guy on a gen, and when the killer came, i run in a way he saw me first so he chases me. The chase went on for 3 gens, then i got hooked.

the other survivors (which were an swf) gathered around my hook, waited till i died, and took my key. Yes, thats soo much fun.

• SMitchell8

I get your point, but I play solo. I ain't going to give up a health state with no garuntee of it being returned later on. I ll hook save, heal, do gens and take hits, but its a survival game, you have to look out for number 1 before heloing others 😅

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

My thoughts? Well, it sounds like you don't do much for your team. I don't say that to be mean, but when one person consistently is the LAST caught, and has never taken a hook, it generally means they are entirely immersed and playing utterly for themselves. The game expects you to be taking serious risks, getting into chases, making rescues, and even taking TACTICAL hooks so it takes the pressure off your teammates. Remember, time spent chasing, downing, hooking (and potentially camping) you is time they can recover and work Generators. The fewer hooks you take means, ostensibly, the MORE they take.

I don't know you, and I'm simply stating this is what it SOUNDS like to me. I've seen it hundreds of times. It is a very distinct style of play. If you aren't playing this way, then good on you. Chalk your situation up to bad luck and get over it. If you are playing as I guess, either learn to be a team player or invest in Bill's Perk that lets you see the hatch's aura.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

If the final Survivor could save himself, Killers would not walk away. We would wait until they hit Struggle Phase.

We walk away because we know the Survivor can't get away.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I mean I can understand being upset if it was at endgame but otherwise I'd rather just die and not waste anymore of my time and the killer's time so we can just move on to the next match.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

The killer would just stand there and smack you down. Plus if there's a obsession you can look forward to waiting on the ground for a min after, just a waste of time tbh.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Exactly,the killer would just wait until the last survivor hits struggle phase.

If they manage to unhook themself then the killer just downs you and waits 60 seconds for the DS.

It would just waste everyones time.

The system we currently have is perfect because it saves us time and punishes selfish playstyles

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

I do agree with your point on the merits. I have seen this happen, sometimes even when the gates are powered and someone gets hooked for the first time. I'm usually super altruistic so will try to rescue, it has gotten me killed at times but I like the rush and uncertainty of at least trying.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I've often been the guy who gets at least 3 gens done but then finally gets hooked and dies because of face-camping. I get like 6,000 points while my team, who did less, gets like 15K or more because the game rewards aggressive play and punishes people who play more carefully.