We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Being near a hooked suvivor changes

Options

So ptb has it that you lose points towards chaser emblem if you're within range of a hooked survivor for a prolonged period. Honestly it should also take away points from the blood point Hunting category as well or even sacrifice similar to how an unsafe hook rescue does to survivors. Most people won't care about losing chaser points.

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,168
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Don't do it myself but I see and understand why it happens. Its the least effective method for points but can help eliminate problem survivors. If you run the killer for 1-2 gens he knows that another chase is not worth the time. Yes the team gets more gens done, but the killer gets:
    1. A proved threat out of the way
    2. Secures the kill and sacrifice points
    3. Has hindered  the team if gens weren't powered through and saves failed

The new system will help noobie killers to work on hunting and chase. It will not regardless of how many points you take stop a troll/toxic player from messing with you. If the killer is in your face slapping you, its not about points anymore.

• CodyJia
    CodyJia Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Punish campers so bad that they don't camp. 
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    Options

This penalty needs to be removed once the Exit gates are powered.

I should not be penalized for camping the last person I catch to prevent them from getting a free escape.

• DemonDaddy
    Options
    Also survivors should treat the killer as if 1st hook is the only hook. Don't get comfortable because of the multi hook system. Trust me you will do much better if your cautious compared to rushed and reckless. 
  • AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331
    Options

@DemonDaddy said:
    Also survivors should treat the killer as if 1st hook is the only hook. Don't get comfortable because of the multi hook system. Trust me you will do much better if your cautious compared to rushed and reckless. 

This is solid advice

• Raziel
    Raziel Member Posts: 100
    Options

@purebalance said:
    Sitting there staring at them is NOT securing a kill. Gotta love when a baby who does this dc's when a rescue happens anyway. Unless you're SWF, camping literally destroys most groups because there is no communication to ignore the hook and baby survivors say [BAD WORD] the team rather than the baby killer and kill themselves on the hook.

EVERYONE gets far less points when you camp to begin with yet the survivors are punished more for it. How about you get good and not need to camp. Big difference when someone is clearly right there, but 99% of the time it isn't the case and isn't how the game was meant to be played.

If I play at R1 and regularly camp the survivors I down, earn between 40 and 60k BP, get 1-2 pips and 4k 9 out of 10 matches why would I change the way I play? It seems to be working, right?

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Raziel said:

@purebalance said:
    Sitting there staring at them is NOT securing a kill. Gotta love when a baby who does this dc's when a rescue happens anyway. Unless you're SWF, camping literally destroys most groups because there is no communication to ignore the hook and baby survivors say [BAD WORD] the team rather than the baby killer and kill themselves on the hook.

EVERYONE gets far less points when you camp to begin with yet the survivors are punished more for it. How about you get good and not need to camp. Big difference when someone is clearly right there, but 99% of the time it isn't the case and isn't how the game was meant to be played.

If I play at R1 and regularly camp the survivors I down, earn between 40 and 60k BP, get 1-2 pips and 4k 9 out of 10 matches why would I change the way I play? It seems to be working, right?

That's a flat out lie. All of the top streamers have shown this. You're pretty much going to get 20k if you somehow get a 4k which camping at rank 1 will almost never net you a 4k. You lose hunting points, you lose the points from multiple hooks, you lose the points from deviousness because you're obviously not using your power as much if you're 1 hooking everyone because you camped, you lose brutality because you're obviously once again only hitting typically 2 per survivor unless they try to save which most won't when you camp at rank 1 and you're not breaking objects since less pallets are dropped.

Sit and lie more. Also with the change as is, you'll probably barely black pip if you camp because you'll be having chase points penalty for every second you sit there.

• purebalance
    Options

@DemonDaddy said:

Then why have the ability to unhook. Triple the hook time if we're supposed to treat the hook as dead.

• purebalance
    Options

@DemonDaddy said:
    Don't do it myself but I see and understand why it happens. Its the least effective method for points but can help eliminate problem survivors. If you run the killer for 1-2 gens he knows that another chase is not worth the time. Yes the team gets more gens done, but the killer gets:
    1. A proved threat out of the way
    2. Secures the kill and sacrifice points
    3. Has hindered  the team if gens weren't powered through and saves failed

The new system will help noobie killers to work on hunting and chase. It will not regardless of how many points you take stop a troll/toxic player from messing with you. If the killer is in your face slapping you, its not about points anymore.

About the only situation I can understand is Dying Light which the survivor KNOWS they have it so should be extra careful.

The change will not help players because it only affects emblems. New players want blood points. Hit them in the blood points AND the emblems and they'll stop.

• Raziel
    edited October 2018
    Options

@purebalance said:

@Raziel said:

@purebalance said:

That's a flat out lie. All of the top streamers have shown this. You're pretty much going to get 20k if you somehow get a 4k which camping at rank 1 will almost never net you a 4k. You lose hunting points, you lose the points from multiple hooks, you lose the points from deviousness because you're obviously not using your power as much if you're 1 hooking everyone because you camped, you lose brutality because you're obviously once again only hitting typically 2 per survivor unless they try to save which most won't when you camp at rank 1 and you're not breaking objects since less pallets are dropped.

Sit and lie more. Also with the change as is, you'll probably barely black pip if you camp because you'll be having chase points penalty for every second you sit there.

A screenshot of my most recent game:
    https://imgur.com/a/SZquPDP

I camped the first two as soon as they were caught, slugged the 3rd so the 4th can't get the hatch. With BBQ I made 59K BP.

Notice how everyone has Self Care.

• Raziel
    Options

@purebalance said:

@DemonDaddy said:

Then why have the ability to unhook. Triple the hook time if we're supposed to treat the hook as dead.

So you are tempted to go to the hook and the killer can ambush you there.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@purebalance said:
    I really don't understand how people think camping is even ok unless the survivor was toxic. You are pretty much supposed to go into it knowing you're at least going to have to down the same person twice if not three times

Camping is ok even if the survivor wasnt toxic, at least thats the devs opinion and thats the only thign that matters

• DemonDaddy
    Options

@DemonDaddy said:

The point being you should avoid getting caught. That is the only sure method. Does every killer do it, no, but you should expect it. Play like you only have the one and the stress of being hooked doesn't apply, you only have the tension of avoiding the killer. And if a teammate makes the save, all the better for you. I agree camping sucks but piling punishment won't stop it, only make it more clear when a killer is punishing you.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options
    Camping is legit. This change will not affect gameplay and will in fact create more camping just for giggles to see the additional salt.
  • Raziel
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    Camping is legit. This change will not affect gameplay and will in fact create more camping just for giggles to see the additional salt.

Survivors will still swarm hooks and help with the decaying emblem :D

• purebalance
    Options

@DemonDaddy said:
    purebalance said:

@DemonDaddy said:

The point being you should avoid getting caught. That is the only sure method. Does every killer do it, no, but you should expect it. Play like you only have the one and the stress of being hooked doesn't apply, you only have the tension of avoiding the killer. And if a teammate makes the save, all the better for you. I agree camping sucks but piling punishment won't stop it, only make it more clear when a killer is punishing you.

The point being then they should remove the ability to unhook more than once and triple the hook time if you're saying 1 hook is it and camping is fine.

• Lowbei
    Options
    Raziel said:

@Lowbei said:

Survivors will still swarm hooks and help with the decaying emblem :D

thats ok, them swarming hooks means no gens being done, thus rewarding the camping.

ironically this change will help campers. i look forward to it.
  • Vortexas
    Options

I intend to spend all of patch day playing Insidious Leatherface just to punish every survivor team I go against for this change.

• Lowbei
    Options
    Vortexas said:

I intend to spend all of patch day playing Insidious Leatherface just to punish every survivor team I go against for this change.

that sounds fun. ill join you.
  • DemonDaddy
    Options

@DemonDaddy said:
    purebalance said:

@DemonDaddy said:

The point being then they should remove the ability to unhook more than once and triple the hook time if you're saying 1 hook is it and camping is fine.

Never said camping if fine, I said i can see why it is done for different reasons. And I like survivors getting unhooked, nothing gets me more frustrated than somebody giving up before I walk away. I want my points! Besides the unhook is there so you can be saved ((if possible)). Doesn't mean I expect to be saved even if the killer walks away, I mean hows the team suppose to know unless they take a risk or you run the perks. 
  • Vortexas
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    Vortexas said:

that sounds fun. ill join you.

Then I formally as an OG in the Leatherface Mafia welcome you! I am glad to see you have Forsaken the Myers Triad.

• F5arTheB5ard
    F5arTheB5ard Member Posts: 118
    Options
    How close to the hook do you have to be to start losing points?
  • Vortexas
    Options

@F5arTheB5ard said:

8m for heavy loss 16 for a smaller loss.

Basically they are trying to hand survivors free escapes, because they keep being entitled bitches.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,749
    Options
    This is one of the edgiest groups of killers I've ever seen.
  • F5arTheB5ard
    Options
    Vortexas said:

@F5arTheB5ard said:

Basically they are trying to hand survivors free escapes, because they keep being entitled bitches.

Do you honestly stay within 16 meters of a hooked survivor? I very rarely do, maybe thats part of the problem 
  • Raziel
    Options

@F5arTheB5ard said:
    Vortexas said:

@F5arTheB5ard said:

Do you honestly stay within 16 meters of a hooked survivor? I very rarely do, maybe thats part of the problem 

That's usually where all the other survivors are tho.

• F5arTheB5ard
    Options
    Raziel said:

@F5arTheB5ard said:
    Vortexas said:

@F5arTheB5ard said:

So find one and chase them. If all survivors are swarming hook it's usually easy to initiate a chase and get a down. You shouldn't be protecting every hook you get. 
  • BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220
    edited October 2018
    Options

@CodyJia said:

And they won't play either, because winning will become impossible and the few Killers who remain will be nothing but Nurses and Billys.

• purebalance
    Options

@BigBlackMori said:

@CodyJia said:

And they won't play either, because winning will become impossible and the few Killers who remain will be nothing but Nurses and Billys.

Except it isn't impossible. You'd be at the appropriate rank. The streamers at rank 1 don't camp and win just fine.

• purebalance
    Options

@Raziel said:

@F5arTheB5ard said:
    Vortexas said:

@F5arTheB5ard said:

No they aren't. You're just using that as a baddie claim to camp. If you literally see them there then duh you shouldn't leave. There's a big difference between camping and knowing someone is there. You're just claiming they're always there as an excuse which is a lie.

• NextKillerSpongebob
    NextKillerSpongebob Member Posts: 271
    edited October 2018
    Options

@purebalance said:

But running in circles around a pallet and garbage/rubble is awarding evader and boldness points?

• purebalance
    Options

@DemonDaddy said:
    purebalance said:

@DemonDaddy said:

purebalance said:

@DemonDaddy said:

Then why have the ability to unhook.  Triple the hook time if we're supposed to treat the hook as dead.

Never said camping if fine, I said i can see why it is done for different reasons. And I like survivors getting unhooked, nothing gets me more frustrated than somebody giving up before I walk away. I want my points! Besides the unhook is there so you can be saved ((if possible)). Doesn't mean I expect to be saved even if the killer walks away, I mean hows the team suppose to know unless they take a risk or you run the perks. 

There's a huge difference between what you're saying and what you implied. You posted in a thread about camping that you should expect your first hook to be your last when it's actually the opposite from what the game implies. 1 hook kills should be a rarity not even remotely close to the norm. And yes, points are utter ######### in games where people face camp.

• purebalance
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Raziel said:

@purebalance said:

@DemonDaddy said:

So you are tempted to go to the hook and the killer can ambush you there.

That's not why it's there. Hence you'll now be losing chasing emblems for being the baddie that you are, but they should up it to also being that you lose bloodpoints as well.]

If camping hooks is legit then they should remove crows from idle survivors because that's essentially the reason they added them to the game. Slowing down the game because you're a baddie survivor who wants to hide is also bad for the game. But if camping is fine then the crows need to go.

Unhooking immediately or when some idiot is bringing a chase near the hook should be punished with either the unhooker or unhooked being downed(although it wasn't the hooked person's fault that their teammate was stupid). Otherwise you're just basically making the game ######### by camping.

I literally hope every game you get is a SWF on comms so they can know you're camping and you'll only ever get 1k.

• purebalance
    Options

@NextKillerSpongebob said:

@purebalance said:

But running in circles around a pallet and garbage/rubble is awarding evader and boldness points?

Uh yeah especially considering that the killer is getting points as well....

Pretty sure it deserves points if you're that bad with bloodlust that you can't catch someone. I'm not sure why you decided to put an emoji like you actually made a point when you just spouted utter nonsense.

• NextKillerSpongebob
    NextKillerSpongebob Member Posts: 271
    Options

@purebalance said:

@NextKillerSpongebob said:

@purebalance said:

Uh yeah especially considering that the killer is getting points as well....

Pretty sure it deserves points if you're that bad with bloodlust that you can't catch someone. I'm not sure why you decided to put an emoji like you actually made a point when you just spouted utter nonsense.

That's not utter nonsense though. You think standing in a 16-meter range when other survivors are nearby should be punished, while only running in circles shouldn't. And no...killers do not get more points when a chase takes a while, they get minus points on their chaser emblem for that ######### already! So don't talk if the only thing you play is the survivor role, you literally have no right to talk about this stuff if you have no idea how both sides have to play and are being punished!

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited October 2018
    Options

I feel like I should post what the emblem changes are here:

The Quality of this Emblem will slowly degrade if the Killer remains within 16 metres of a hooked Survivor 10 seconds after hooking the Survivor.
    Does not apply if another Survivor is inside that radius.
    Does not apply if the Killer is in a Chase.
    Does not apply if it is the last remaining Survivor.
    Does not apply if the Hook is on a different floor.
    The penalty greatly increases within a radius of 8 metres.

• DemonDaddy
    Options
    @purebalance
    I was not trying to imply that 1st hook should mean death, what I meant was that some survivors disrespect the killer because of the multi hook. The knowledge that multiple chances do exist encourages foolish choices in play. The perspective I was giving you was from my own survivor style. If that doesn't fit into how you want to play then develope your own. Getting camped sucks period, that's why I avoid doing it. Doesn't mean I want to force others to play in a specific manner cause i have to give 2mins to keep the killer's attention away from the team. I'd rather have diverse killer styles than cookie cut copies every game.
  • Raziel
    Options

@purebalance said:

@Raziel said:

@F5arTheB5ard said:
    Vortexas said:

@F5arTheB5ard said:

No they aren't. You're just using that as a baddie claim to camp. If you literally see them there then duh you shouldn't leave. There's a big difference between camping and knowing someone is there. You're just claiming they're always there as an excuse which is a lie.

You can say what you want, i will stick to my strat and keep getting 4Ks.

• purebalance
    Options

@Raziel said:

@purebalance said:

@Raziel said:

@F5arTheB5ard said:
    Vortexas said:

@F5arTheB5ard said:

You can say what you want, i will stick to my strat and keep getting 4Ks.

Except you're lying or playing at rank 20. Your strat is toxic and for terrible players hence you're at a bad rank and will never get more than 1 kill with normal survivors. Keep being toxic and bad and lose emblems now.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    Options

Question, if you have 2 hooked survivors within 16 meters from each other (basically, the basement), would they cancel each other out, since technically, there is another survivor within that range? I imagine not.

• purebalance
    Options

Hooked survivors don't count or else the hooked survivor would count themselves.

• purebalance
    edited October 2018
    Options

Change definitely wasn't enough. Still people camping even though it's impossible to two pip much less unlikely to 1 pip with camping. Also the range is really dumb because Billy or Nurse can easily camp from that distance.

Hit them in the blood points

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

The Anti-camp mechanic is actually not that bad. 16 meters is nothing - and you don't get penalized if your in a chase or survivors are nearby

Seems fine to me. Gives room to secure a kill at the end if you want to.

• jwentzel987
    jwentzel987 Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Vortexas said:

This penalty needs to be removed once the Exit gates are powered.

I should not be penalized for camping the last person I catch to prevent them from getting a free escape.

It literally states there is no penalty if it's the last survivor. Also, if you can't kill a survivor without "securing" them by "camping" them then you should find something else to do.
  • purebalance
    edited October 2018
    Options

@FrenziedRoach said:
    The Anti-camp mechanic is actually not that bad. 16 meters is nothing - and you don't get penalized if your in a chase or survivors are nearby

Right so it hasn't stopped Nurses and BIllies from camping just outside because that's what they do. Oh wait it hasn't even stopped anyone because people are still sitting there smashing you in the face while you're on your first hook as the first person hooked.

Give a blood point reduction on screen that flashes while camping because most people who camp don't read patch notes. Similar to unsafe hook rescue not giving points.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

@purebalance said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

Right so it hasn't stopped Nurses and BIllies from camping just outside because that's what they do. Oh wait it hasn't even stopped anyone because people are still sitting there smashing you in the face while you're on your first hook as the first person hooked.

Give a blood point reduction on screen that flashes while camping because most people who camp don't read patch notes. Similar to unsafe hook rescue not giving points.

Unsafe rescues need to be punished harder IMO. If it had been me, I would of made it 500 points of the unhook, then 1000 points bonus once it was considered "Safe", not the other way around.

As for a bloodpoint reduction for camping, no thanks. The reduction in the chase emblem is bigger than you think. Killer should always have the option to remove somebody from the game if they absolutely have to. Either for tactical reasons or to send a message.