Bloodweb perk force

aylawell
aylawell Member Posts: 119

ever notice how the bloodweb seems to force certain perks on you? No? Well I thought it was just a coincidence too..

I have all current perks unlocked outside of Tapps level 35 and 40 teachable.. literally every one.. so obviously I'm just dumping points on Tapp to get those last 2..

So I run like this: untill I get a character to p3, I just take the path of least resistance and grab 1 perk per level, then any point offerings I can get and screw the build or extras.. I just deal with the perks I happen to get long enough to use the BP offerings up, then tier up.

When I hit tier 3.. then I start picking and choosing and try to get the best things on the current bloodweb level because they obviously are there to stay.

Well I've noticed that even though I have access to... what..73 perks? (Survivor perks) I've dodged picking object of obsession 6 times in a row.. because I don't want it... but the game just refuses to let me have the option of picking one of the other 72 perks level after level.

This is not a fluke and its not new as I've noticed this happen time and time again as I'm leveling characters..

Why!? I clearly don't want it if I'd literally rather pick NO perk rather than something I'm absolutely CERTAIN I'm never going to use... but.. sure! Make it my only option and force it on me...over and over until I take it?

Either I have the worst luck ever... or its not random at all.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,996

I've noticed it too sometimes, where a perk I don't pick shows up in the next bloodweb, sometimes a few times in a row. It's not guaranteed, but it happens frequently enough that I think it must be a function of the bloodweb to give higher odds to something you just missed on the previous bloodweb. Which - I guess that's appreciated if you don't manage your bloodweb well and the Entity eats Borrowed Time or something, but for the most part, you don't pick the perk because you don't want it. You always gun for the perk you want most, right?

It also seems to like giving you tier 2s/3s of perks you already have and favors those a bit over pure random selection, which would mostly give tier 1s for a long time when you first start the bloodweb.

• Woodywool
    Woodywool Member Posts: 622
    edited May 2021

idk for me, in the bloodweb I have 2 and 3 tier perks more than tier 1 perks... I have a lot of situations when I have had around 65 perks that are tiers 2 and 3 and then when all these perks got tier 3, I'm starting to have last tier 1 perks...

I think that is probably based on random.