Matches for tome challenges are rigged

Options
SMitchell8
SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301

Just got to the last challenge for the previous tome, Risky repairs. Have a guess which killer I got? A killer I've faced just once this year.

I've had challenges before which conviently give you the worst map or killer possible for that challenge.

Freddie of all killers. I used the Game offering as the terror radius is frequent and I got within seconds of doing it but failed a skill check, then he turned up and hit me, putting me in dream world.

Anyone else had experiences of getting "convenient" killers for certain tasks?

Comments

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

BHVR cannot put together a system that can match players with other players who are vaguely similar in skill.

There is no way they are implementing matchmaking to find Killers who are convenient for your current challenge. Why would they even do that anyway, as everyone would have different and conflicting challenges, so you'd have slow matchmaking which would not work.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Had I not picked Game offering, it would have sent me to Pale Rose or Red Forest.

I know it's not really scripted, but jeez it feels like it is sometimes. I got the demonstrike one recently and it sent me to Lery's ffs 🤣

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

You've only faced Freddy once this year?

Lucky bаstard.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

This could just be a case of negativity bias, i.e. negative events tend to be more memorable, so you'll remember failing to get challenges easier than you will remember times when a challenge was easy to unlock due to a convenient killer, map, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negativity_bias

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593
    Options

Brings back flashbacks of the time I had infinite t1 Myers with finish 2 gens in terror radius or the time I had to escape as a barely leveled Felix against a rank 1 Freddy