Toxic or taking the game hostage?

It surprises me how players go out of their way to be a bad sport in this game.

when I think I’ve met all the toxic buba’s, oh no.

Third seal, trail of torment, knockout and infectious.

the killer had no more than 5 hook actions, two of us bled out and he hooked the other two when they were also on the brink.

He refused to hook, until people started to die from bleeding, is this not considered taking the game hostage?

Comments

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,147

It being a butt but it is not taking the game hostage.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,234
    edited May 2021

Super annoying and makes me wish there was no d/c penalty because it's a waste of everyone's time, but no, it's not considered taking the game hostage.

The bleed out timer is wayyyyyyyyy too long. I can't think of a time where the four minutes actually served a functional purpose in a public match. Crawl speed is too slow for four minutes to really do anything. There's no urgency to pick up teammates, no urgency to hook players, and leads to griefing.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Not hostage-taking, but it is a jerk move. This is where giving slugged players an option to speed up their demise would be good.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

If there was no DC penalty, no match would ever complete.

The few times the penalty was turned off, Killers and Survivors disconnected for the stupidest reasons. This player base is too juvenile and spiteful to not have a DC penalty.

• SammiieK1991
    SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

Not rule breaking but it is a crappy game play. I usually just crawl away as far and secluded as I can to avoid being hooked and leave them wasting time tryna find me on the map.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,580

Very disgusting way to play, but it is not against the rules.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,234
    edited May 2021

I don't think the game has improved in any appreciable way since the d/c penalty was introduced. People just die on the hook when they want out. All it has done is allow hostage or semi-hostage situations on both sides. Survivors can completely take the game hostage by refusing to do gens and immersing around the map, and killers can slug until bleedout for no reason at all.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

I think it has, seeing as I never got a game to finish when the DC penalty was off, and now, I get 1 DC every few matches. At least people can PLAY now, instead of

'I got hit! DC '

'I got downed DC '

'It's Freddy! DC '

It's Nurse! DC '

It's The Game! **Killer DCs**

Etc. Etc.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Toxic Yes

Holding game hostage No

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309
    edited May 2021

It's a waste of time but not against any rules.

Hopefully they're reasonable and hold the same opinion about survivors waiting until the last attosecond of EGC to leave the match even when all 4 are safe, as it's an equally pointless waste of time that isn't against any rules 🙃 (compared to letting people bleed for no possible tactical reason, anyway)