Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What did you all think about Resident Evil Village

RyRapsYT
RyRapsYT Member Posts: 299

I played through it and I thought it was really cool, the scariest part was the Beneviento house. What did you all think about the game?

Comments

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited May 2021

I liked it a lot! I think it's definetly up there for one of the best REs. It could become my favorite overtime. I'll have to wait and see due to recency bias.

Wish lady dems part was later in the game because the other bosses felt more suited as early stage bosses imo.

I felt like the rose flash forward was unneeded

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

I wonder if they will add dlc to flesh out the lore more. I certainly hope so

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

I loved it! Of the 4 most recent games they've made with the new RE engine 8 is definitely my favorite by far. I did my first playthrough on hardcore since village of shadows is pretty much impossible without ng+ stuff. Honestly I've got nothing bad to say about the game other than the final boss being hard af and taking me like 15 attempts to beat. Probably me just being bad though lol.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

Dunno. I just watched a lets play.

But the villains definitwly had very short arcs designated to them.

I think leon had more interaction with the village mayor in 4 than ethan with the del lago wannabe or the doll lady.

What bothered me a bit is that the big bad's stuff and methods looked more like magic than science/mutations/goopy monster juice. I know RE never has been "realistic" and she's more an alchemist/"witch" than a scientist, bit just instantly turning into a flock of 100% normal looking crows kinda threw me off. (without the molded interstate between those forms)

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

The Beneviento House creeped me out, other than that I loved the game a lot. Thought it was really cool and had so many "######### IS GOING ON" moments in my opinion.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

It was really cool, although I wish they didn't hype lady d up as the main antagonist that she was not

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

I loved it but wish the Beneviento House lasted longer or the game had a little bit more horror throughout. It felt like Capcom was just reminding us that they CAN give us some of the best horror in gaming right now if they want to, but they're taking it easy on us for Village.

That being said, I've read multiple articles pointing out why they chose to do that and it does make sense in many ways. Also haven't tried Village of Shadows difficulty yet, so maybe they ramp it up a bit with that? Either way, still an absolute gem of a game. I'll be playing it for quite a while

• RyRapsYT
    RyRapsYT Member Posts: 299

Agreed. Village of Shadows was so hard for me. I had 18 health meds and an infinite ammo dragoon saved up from previous runs. And even with those items I died during the survivor the Lycan Attack section.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited May 2021

It wasn't what I was looking for in a Resident Evil game, and I didn't like it.

I think a perfect example is during a roughly 3 minute sequence early in the game where...

Ethan gets thrown down through multiple floors by Lady Dimitrescu and into the basement, but just gets back up and immediately taunts her.

So she cuts his hand off.

But it's okay; he just grabs his dismembered appendage, sticks it back on, and immediately goes back to shooting squads of baddies in the face.

(Yes, I know there's a reason Ethan's "pretty tough, huh?" That's not the point - the point is that the tone of the sequence was not the tone of a horror game.)

It felt like an Action Adventure, not a Survival Horror.

There's also the story.

Quite a few of the early story beats make no sense in hindsight and about as many others are just unexplained and apparently forgotten. Before anyone says, "but it's a game series about magic super viruses, you shouldn't care," there is a difference between suspending disbelief and ignoring bad storytelling. I recognize most people probably don't care, but I did.

It wasn't objectively awful, and it had some sequences I liked, but I just did not have a good time with the game.

I'm glad other people did like it though.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Enjoyable as a spin off.

I just think the story has got to a point where it's completely ridiculous now. Original resident evils had a sense of realness about it. These have just spun off in random directions. The 2 best characters didn't get enough screen time. Miranda was just a extremely dull character...

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

It was okay. I liked the setting of the game and I was a little creeped out by the Beneviento House. I just wish they did more with the bosses because they are all very interesting, but the fights were incredibly short.

• Paina
    Paina Member Posts: 231

I really loved it even though I still don't get the hype about Lady D.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

I really enjoyed it. The Beneviento house was definitely the horror highlight of this game, like how the Old House Attic was for RE7, where you get the D-Series Arm. I do wish they spent more time building up the lords though. Seeing as Lady Dimitrescu was the only one who got any real hype behind her, the others were just lackluster. I'd have loved to see more of Heisenberg and Moreau, those two were great, and I wish Angie and Donna had more backstory and screentime honestly. Miranda was a meh antagonist, but the twist with Ethan being dead the whole time really got me and came out of nowhere, and his sacrifice at the end definitely got me to tear up more than I'd like to admit.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759

I'd say it was a pretty damn good game, I found the story pretty enjoyable, and the gameplay to be awesome.

Now I'm just waiting for the Doom Eternal dlc where we can preform glory kills and turn Ethan into the next doom guy ( the weapon swap :))))