If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

So why does Trapper trigger his own traps?

Options
IWasLeft2Die
IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

He has a number of other issues that could very likely be more important but I still can't believe he triggers his own traps. I hope they eventually change it since no other killer triggers their traps. It makes Trapper feel super derpy when he does trigger it.

Admittedly I've done this a couple times lol

Comments

• kassamell
    kassamell Member Posts: 101
    Options

Most of the other killers have like magic traps but trapper is the only one with physical traps

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2021
    Options

To me that just makes sense, I remember watching "The Best Friends" (Matt and Pat) do a 45 minute DBD play back in the late 2010s and they actually discussed this, I think one of them laughed at the other for doing just that. Part of the discussion was "You just made yourself look like a total idiot in front of your victim which was the last thing that they saw before they died", lol.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Lol it does make him feel very memey since he is already pretty bad aside from that

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

I think that's one buff that would help him a lot if he didn't trigger them and make brown bag add on base kit and at least he will be somewhat better than he is now.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options
  • mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    Options

Probably so he can't just block every doorway without punishment.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

This reminds me, I had a game against a Trapper the other day and I accidentally vaulted and landed on a trap. A Survivor teammate walked right past me and started working on a gen. I had 4 or 5 attempts to release myself but Trapper came as soon as I got lucky then we both got downed. I decided when I got unhooked to tea bag my teammate on hook for them just blatantly not helping lol

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

It wouldn't really make sense if he couldn't step and activate his own traps

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,572
    Options

It's a magical realm; he should be able to step over his own traps.

I mean, Survivors can do it with Dead Hard, but the 8 foot killing man with the magic red light coming from his face can't.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options

If you look closely at his default skin, you can see his left leg is padded. This means lore wise he takes stepping in his own traps into consideration since the beginning. Because of this I'd say he does it intentionally (to give false hope to his victims) or he wants to be focused on the chase and not care to where he steps.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,752
    Options

Because he enjoys the pain.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,743
    Options

It does make a lot of sense from a mechanical perspective, as others mentioned:

His traps stop the survivor, unlike Hag's or even Freddy's. The latter can be used to shorten a chase (teleporting to the survivor, respectively slowing them down etc), but they don't keep the survivor stationary.

As Trapper's traps do that it's just fair he can step into his own traps as otherwise they could be used to wall survivors in/create blockades in crucial spots. While it would be tactically interesting, it would not be fair. Imagine the uproar if trapper could just block every pallet/loop in the game without any worry that he can move around it just fine.

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Eh I feel like if a Trapper is able to set all of that up a survivor should be at fault and I'd feel totally fine allowing Trapper to do that since it would take forever to do. I think it would definetly make him better but I don't think it would make him good enough to be OP.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

True, but he shouldn't be able to walk through them in my opinion. And also, you shouldn't be able to DH through them either.