The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

35min hatch standoff

i was just in a half an hour long hatch standoff, please do something about this

killed 3 in like less that 3minutes (found one immediately, other went head on to save so LF chainsaw and one random locker when i went up from the basement) during this time the last one got 1 gen done and soon the other one for the hatch, found hatch first, after that i stood there and patrolled the area (in a manner he would’ve easily got it) and after about 35mins yes 35 i started looking for him in the whole map area, well that took like good 7 minutes and then he decides to jump in... 

please fix this

like maybe you could close hatch for a minute at a time or when you close it a new totem appears which can be destroyed to open it again(?)

Comments

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

Just concede the hatch standoff and accept the hatch as busted mechanic.
    Then let your anger fuel you for the next game and kill the next 3 survivors even faster

• kandalph
    kandalph Member Posts: 45

Just concede the hatch standoff and accept the hatch as busted mechanic.
    Then let your anger fuel you for the next game and kill the next 3 survivors even faster

yes i know but i was trying to get adept lf you know
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    they should of made it longer you arent entitled to a free kill
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I did one for ~48 minutes. The killer was there the entire time watching because he grabbed me.

I used the bathroom twice and watched a movie in the background. lel

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

Geez,
    If I know the killer is going to camp that hard, I'd just do generators, get more points, and escape through one of 3 spots available now.
    If he moves to come after me, he's not on the hatch anymore.

• Tiersis
    Tiersis Member Posts: 259

Give the exposed debuff if the anyone is standing withing so many meters of the hatch for more than 20 seconds after opening.

If the killer camps the hatch for 20 seconds, exit gates open.

There you go.

• Tiersis
    Tiersis Member Posts: 259

Maybe make it so you can't escape for 10 seconds if you're downed right on the hatch too.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    I can assure you that neither killer nor survivor enjoy this. 
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    edited October 2018
    I can assure you that neither killer nor survivor enjoy this. 
    I do and I force it because I get 4 2nd chances and when each chance succeed I just stand on hatch
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

Anywere past a minute just go to the next match dude 4k are nice but not worth the hastle.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Had a 40min hatch standoff with a MYC, Ruin, M&A & Noed Hag on The Game with Rusted Shackles & Mint Rag the other day and the entire time the guy was messaging me daring me to jump in and talking about how greedy he was for a 4k. I told the guy I didn't have all night with this bs so I jumped in and he pulled me out. Like tryhard much dude?
  • Blade92
    Blade92 Member Posts: 18

Hatch standoffs are so boring. I don't understand why people even bother doing it. Within the time you stand and stare at each other, you could've played a whole match and probably halfway through another. Who cares about getting an extra hook, or extra 7k points as survivor.

• Raziel
    Raziel Member Posts: 100

@Eninya said:
    I did one for ~48 minutes. The killer was there the entire time watching because he grabbed me.

Basically you are admitting to holding the game hostage. You had gens and gates as an alternative.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@Raziel said:

@Eninya said:

Basically you are admitting to holding the game hostage. You had gens and gates as an alternative.

Oh, really? And why didn't the killer kill me while I was taking a leak and AFK? What stopped him for attacking me?

Oh, right. Nothing.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Jesus, get a life man. Just give up, as survivor or as killer. You really have so much time to waste? There is no problem with current state of the hatch.
    I get it you were going for an adapt, but you can get that later. Hatch standoff is just not worth the time.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Eninya said:

@Raziel said:

@Eninya said:

Oh, really? And why didn't the killer kill me while I was taking a leak and AFK? What stopped him for attacking me?

Oh, right. Nothing.

Because he cant kill you. His only option is to wait and see what you do next. Hitting would result in an immediate loss.

As survivor you always have the option to complete gens, even if you dont like it

• Raziel
    Raziel Member Posts: 100

@Eninya said:

@Raziel said:

@Eninya said:

Oh, right. Nothing.

What does that have to do with anything? Why weren't you going for your objectives instead of idling? Are you gonna blame you holding the game hostage on the killer now?

• Lucky57
    Lucky57 Member Posts: 14

That reminds me of a P3 huntress camping the hatch... I did the last two gens, pretended to open a gate, and escaped with the hatch. She had an ebony mori so I knew she wasn't gonna give up soon...

But yeah, this hatch mechanic should be reworked, to avoid hatch stand off because basically, killers can't really do anything if they find the hatch and the survivor is near, and survivors can't jump in if the killer camp it, they can try to do gens, but when there is 3 gens left, it's boring as hell... There not even any danger, since the killer is just gonna stare at the hatch like it was taking their soul away in most of the cases...

It's either the survivor give up and jump to get grabbed and hooked or finish the gens, or the killer give up and offer the escape to the last person... Not really what I'd call "balanced" sadly.

• kandalph
    kandalph Member Posts: 45
    edited October 2018
    Blade92 said:

Hatch standoffs are so boring. I don't understand why people even bother doing it. Within the time you stand and stare at each other, you could've played a whole match and probably halfway through another. Who cares about getting an extra hook, or extra 7k points as survivor.

thats the thing i would’ve gone after him but had no idea where he was
  • not_RSB
    not_RSB Member Posts: 27
    kandalph said:
    i was just in a half an hour long hatch standoff, please do something about this

killed 3 in like less that 3minutes (found one immediately, other went head on to save so LF chainsaw and one random locker when i went up from the basement) during this time the last one got 1 gen done and soon the other one for the hatch, found hatch first, after that i stood there and patrolled the area (in a manner he would’ve easily got it) and after about 35mins yes 35 i started looking for him in the whole map area, well that took like good 7 minutes and then he decides to jump in... 

please fix this

like maybe you could close hatch for a minute at a time or when you close it a new totem appears which can be destroyed to open it again(?)

Delete the hatch , why should you get a free escape if you fail to do your objective, don’t we already have enough free escapes
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

What are you doing to yourself?
    I get it: The hatch is a terrible mechanic.
    But it's one you don't have to endure, just end it: You'll have more time to do the enjoyable parts of the game.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Take noed and blood warden, let the last 2 finish the gens

• not_RSB

Take noed and blood warden, let the last 2 finish the gens

All killers should have a Myers type feature where they can snatch you up if you’re the last one left, if there are three gens left and one survivor you have lost it’s over 
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886
    edited October 2018

I had a 45 minute hatch stand off once. Ordinarily I wouldn't waste that much time and I would just let the killer kill me. But this killer camped and tunneled from the get-go when 5 gens were still standing as was ruin, so I wasn't letting him get a 4k.

The really beautiful part was I not only escaped but made more points than him, too. The salty message he sent me afterwards was delicious.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Dwight_Fairfield said:
    I had a 45 minute hatch stand off once. Ordinarily I wouldn't waste that much time and I would just let the killer kill me. But this killer camped and tunneled from the get-go when 5 gens were still standing as was ruin, so I wasn't letting him get a 4k.

Sounds like the Killer played effectively by chasing the weaker links. It also sounds like your team was bad, if they lost to a Killer who did nothing for long periods of time. GJ punishing the Killer for your team being bad.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited October 2018

@Orion said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

Sounds like the Killer played effectively by chasing the weaker links. It also sounds like your team was bad, if they lost to a Killer who did nothing for long periods of time. GJ punishing the Killer for your team being bad.

They didn't do nothing for long periods of time. 4 gens got done, several saves were made, ruin and devour hope got taken out, chases were done, and in the end the "effective killer" as you call him came out with less points than me even though he got 3 kills through camping and tunneling.

From a player's perspective, I bet he was just having the best time standing there watching the hook for long periods of time, too. That just screams fun gameplay strategy.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited October 2018

@Orion said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Orion said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

They didn't do nothing for long periods of time. 4 gens got done, several saves were made, ruin and devour hope got taken out, chases were done, and in the end the "effective killer" as you call him came out with less points than me even though he got 3 kills through camping and tunneling.

I bet he was just having so much fun standing there watching the hook for long periods of time, too. That just screams fun gameplay strategy.

The Killer is the one who wasn't doing anything. By the second hook, all generators should've been repaired.
    You say "saves", I say "feeding". You say "tunneling", I say "chasing the weaker target".
    Your team played poorly and decided to knowingly abuse a broken mechanic because you still felt entitled to winning.

The killer is the one who wasn't doing anything. Exactly. A crap player. You think this was sound gameplay strategy. I say saves because that's what it was. Saves. Just because he tunneled doesn't mean he caught them every time. Which he didn't. So we were not feeding him. Second, what broken mechanic was abused?

And I did win. I escaped. I made more points than he did. And I made him waste 45 minutes with no pay off. Totally worth it.

• not_RSB
    Orion said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Orion said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

I bet he was just having so much fun standing there watching the hook for long periods of time, too. That just screams fun gameplay strategy.

The Killer is the one who wasn't doing anything. By the second hook, all generators should've been repaired.
    You say "saves", I say "feeding". You say "tunneling", I say "chasing the weaker target".
    Your team played poorly and decided to knowingly abuse a broken mechanic because you still felt entitled to winning.

Couldn’t agree more @Orion I’ve saw a few of your streams I think , you play survivor occasionally too if it’s the same one I’m thinking of
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    edited October 2018

@Orion said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:
    The killer is the one who wasn't doing anything. Exactly. A crap player. You think this was sound gameplay strategy. I say saves because that's what it was. Saves. Just because he tunneled doesn't mean he caught them every time. Which he didn't. So we were not feeding him. Second, what broken mechanic was abused?

And I did win. I escaped. I made more points than he did. And I made him waste 45 minutes with no pay off.

Chasing the weaker target is definitely a sound strategy. And if he really was camping 100% of the time as you claim, then you couldn't have saved anyone - he would've been right there and hit them again.
    Conclusion: You are lying.

You seriously thinking its impossible to save someone from a camping killer. I thought you were some kind of experienced player at this game. Borrowed time ring any bells?

I'm lying? Ignorance thy name is Orion. What would I have to gain by lying about this? It will still be the truth whether you believe it or not.

• Orion

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Orion said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

And I did win. I escaped. I made more points than he did. And I made him waste 45 minutes with no pay off.

Chasing the weaker target is definitely a sound strategy. And if he really was camping 100% of the time as you claim, then you couldn't have saved anyone - he would've been right there and hit them again.

I'm going to assume you are new to this game if you seriously thinking its impossible to save someone from a camping killer. Borrowed time ring any bells?

I'm lying? Ignorance thy name is Orion. What would I have to gain by lying about this? It will still be the truth whether you believe it or not.

So you fed him by giving him an incentive to camp. He knew you'd come for the rescue, so he stuck around, and you played exactly like he expected.

Your team played poorly and lost. That's the truth.

What you have to gain, among other things, is a justification for yourself to play in a way you yourself believe is scummy, namely by forcing the hatch standoff.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited October 2018

@Orion said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Orion said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

I'm going to assume you are new to this game if you seriously thinking its impossible to save someone from a camping killer. Borrowed time ring any bells?

So you fed him by giving him an incentive to camp. He knew you'd come for the rescue, so he stuck around, and you played exactly like he expected.

What you have to gain, among other things, is a justification for yourself to play in a way you yourself believe is scummy, namely by forcing the hatch standoff.

Nobody gave him any incentive to camp. He was doing that all by himself from the get-go with ruin and 5 gens still standing. Always a sure sign of a crap killer.

Our team played well. And in the end he came out with less points, and 45 minutes wasted for nothing. The delicious salty message he sent me after made me feel even better.

I didn't force any hatch stand off. He had 3k already under his belt. Nobody put a gun to his head and forced him to be such a try hard that he was willing to wait 45 minutes to try and get a 4k, any more than nobody forced him to camp on his first hook when 5 gens were still standing, as well as his ruin.

In the end it didn't even pay off for him. If anything he fed me with all the hook saves, and gens I managed to get done, as well as that hatch escape in the end. Whereas he walks away looking like an idiot who wasted three quarters of an hour on nothing, and didn't even have the blood points to console him for all that wasted time.

That's the real truth.

• Orion
    edited October 2018

@not_RSB said:
    Couldn’t agree more @Orion I’ve saw a few of your streams I think , you play survivor occasionally too if it’s the same one I’m thinking of

My stream name on Twitch is not Orion, but it is on YouTube (Orion Invictus).
    I've been playing 50/50 when I stream DbD, except when the Spirit came out, for obvious reasons. However, I haven't been streaming much lately.

• Orion

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Orion said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Orion said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

Nobody gave him any incentive to camp. He was doing that all by himself from the get-go with ruin and 5 gens still standing. Always a sure sign of a crap killer.

Our team played well. And in the end he came out with less points, and 45 minutes wasted for nothing. The delicious salty message he sent me after made me feel even better.

I didn't force any hatch stand off. He had 3k already under his belt. Nobody put a gun to his head and forced him to be such a try hard that he was willing to wait 45 minutes to try and get a 4k, any more than nobody forced him to camp on his first hook when 5 gens were still standing, as well as his ruin.

In the end it didn't even pay off for him. If anything he fed me with all the hook saves, pallet stuns, and gens I managed to get done, as well as that hatch escape in the end. Whereas he walks away look like an idiot who wasted three quarters of an hour on nothing, and didn't even have the blood points to console him for all that wasted time.

That's the real truth.

You rescued while he was still there. That's incentive. Your team played poorly. You forced a hatch standoff by not repairing a generator and outsmarting him.
    Someone can't be both a "try hard" and a "crap killer". Your clear cognitive dissonance is proof that you're just looking to justify your actions to yourself, and that bias is blinding you to the truth.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343

You are not entitled to kill every survivor nor get the hatch escape. I don't feel bad for those people who wait a long time for the hatch on either side. It's your own fault for waiting that long.

• Dwight_Fairfield

@Giche said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

In the end it didn't even pay off for him. If anything he fed me with all the hook saves, pallet stuns, and gens I managed to get done, as well as that hatch escape in the end. Whereas he walks away look like an idiot who wasted three quarters of an hour on nothing, and didn't even have the blood points to console him for all that wasted time.

That's the real truth.

You are the definition of entitlement.

If that's true then I fit right in on this forum don't I.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited October 2018

@Orion said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Orion said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

@Orion said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

That's the real truth.

You rescued while he was still there. That's incentive. Your team played poorly. You forced a hatch standoff by not repairing a generator and outsmarting him.
    Someone can't be both a "try hard" and a "crap killer". Your clear cognitive dissonance is proof that you're just looking to justify your actions to yourself, and that bias is blinding you to the truth.

No, that's not incentive. Especially when half the time he didn't even catch the rescued survivor or was defeated by borrowed time. Second, any competent killer doesn't need to camp, despite the assertion its a sound strategy, especially with 5 gens and ruin still standing. Again the very definition of a bad killer right there.

Of course you can be try hard and a crap killer. This guy was the poster child of one. The best killers are the ones who don't need to camp, who can get a 3 or 4k, walk away with more points than the survivors, and didn't spend most of the match staring at a hook.

That's not bias. That's logic and common sense.

Post edited by Dwight_Fairfield on
  • Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

No, that's not incentive. Especially when half the time he didn't even catch the rescued survivor or was defeated by borrowed time. Second, any competent killer doesn't need to camp, despite the assertion its a sound strategy, especially with 5 gens and ruin still standing. Again the very definition of a bad killer right there.

Of course you can be try hard and a crap killer. This guy was the poster child of one. The best killers are the ones who don't need to camp, who can get a 3 or 4k, walk away with more points than the survivors, and didn't spend most of the match staring at a hook.

That's not bias. That's logic, common sense, and fact.

Go back to the Troll's school.

Reppeating some cringy survivor's meme over and over isn't trolling.

You have to be smarter.

• Dwight_Fairfield

@Giche said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

That's not bias. That's logic, common sense, and fact.

Go back to the Troll's school.

Reppeating some cringy survivor's meme over and over isn't trolling.

You have to be smarter.

Go back to troll's school......you're so original. I say something you don't agree with, so its trolling. You really are a 2+2=5 type aren't you.

Take your own advice, be smarter.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
  • Orion
    edited October 2018

Will the real Hubastanka please stand up? If you've got something to say, you can say it right here. No need to go on YouTube.

• Pickens
    Pickens Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2018

If you're stupid enough to stand at the hatch for 35 minutes just so you can get one kill then that's on you. Stop whining about it.

Are they still gonna to do the killer closing the hatch thing or was that idea scrapped?

• Orion

It's unfortunate that someone who read this thread (Hubastanka) saw it fit to go to one of my DbD videos and insult me, yet can't seem to reply here for all to see.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx

@Orion said:
    It's unfortunate that someone who read this thread (Hubastanka) saw it fit to go to one of my DbD videos and insult me, yet can't seem to reply here for all to see.

They don't need an audience to insult you.

• Orion

@NoxiousOnnyyxx said:

@Orion said:

Or they can't own up to their words.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

you greedy bastard! (0:21):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX0K5IfPMOA

• NoxiousOnnyyxx

@Orion said:

@NoxiousOnnyyxx said:

@Orion said:

They said what they wanted to say to you. Obviously, they aren't gonna be petty and bring that here. This is a dead by daylight forum, not a Kardashian forum. Don't play too much into it.

• Orion

@NoxiousOnnyyxx said:

@Orion said:

@NoxiousOnnyyxx said:

@Orion said:

They said what they wanted to say to you. Obviously, they aren't gonna be petty and bring that here. This is a dead by daylight forum, not a Kardashian forum. Don't play too much into it.

Yes, I'm sure that's the reason.