Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Freddy's alarm clocks..

xXCAM3R0NXx
xXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387
edited May 2021 in General Discussions

Imo, not many people go for the alarm clocks. And since this new alarm clock change, the experience is still the same, no one really goes for alarm clocks.

And the reason I believe this is because of how annoying they are to get.

You fall asleep, that's okay I'll just run all the way to the other side of the map and get 30 seconds of immunity plus another 30 seconds of being awake. Which by the time I get back to the gen I was doing, I'm asleep again.

I don't mind going against freddy, yeah he needed a nerf but certainly not his add ons. Yeah they were annoying as hell don't get me wrong, swing chains and swing rope jesus. But just no.

If people consider being affected by his power better than trying to counter it then clearly something aint right.

My point is to shrink the distance of alarm clocks. I'm not sure how, maybe have 4 alarm clocks scattered in each corner of the map but balance out that by having any of the clocks work instead of one specific one. But I don't know, Im sure they'd come up with something.

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

You're not wrong.

In the same patch that they introduced the 30s immunity for using a clock, they also nerfed the slowdown effects of being in the Dream World anyway, so you no longer need to worry about being asleep.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    edited May 2021

Sleeping is annoying. Let me think why... Mhm. Maybe you are facing with Dream Lord? So you can face with Freddy in Dream World or you can use clocks for awake. Make your choice lol

Freddy needs you in Dream World for use him powers, that him mechanic. And he already nerfed so hard.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

It's not that the clocks are 'annoying to get'. they are interupting the 'genrush and loop' tactic so many seem to deem the only valid way of playing survivor.

it's like with pig and people dying to the RBTs because they'd rather pop gens and activate their traps than to get the traps off and then doing gens.

Or people who think deathslinger is 'unfun' because his one strength are chases, but are fine with trickster and bubba, because they can be looped

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848
    edited May 2021

The answer is that they nerfed The Nightmare AKA Freddy Kureger since the PTB was out. The reason why he was nerfed is because it's how the dead by daylight team is try to help other people out and trying to make it modern now with other tricks on their sleeves so they can have a balanced layout for killers and survivors so they can have the same experience they have since there is new fog travelers trying to play the game. especially some rework for killers.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Tbf other chase killers like huntress can be looped. Deathslinger’s zoning and instant ads are what a makes him annoying

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

With how strong Alarm Clocks are now I think it's fair. If you used a clock before starting a chase and get hit before the immunity runs out, that means Freddy is powerless in that whole chase.