The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Old (PTB) or New Executioner chase music?

Trex_Crazy
Trex_Crazy Member Posts: 209

So this is probably really insignificant but I've always liked the bells in the PTB chase music and thought it added to the silent hill theme. I was very sad when they changed it on the live servers. Curious to know if others want the old music back.

Old (PTB) or New Executioner chase music? 30 votes

Yes, return the old PTB chase music for the Executioner.
60%
Mat_SellaUistreelDr_LoomisGeneralVMooksSlamitieEobardThawneNoneFieldDerZuntorglitchboixtr4meelpohDistortedDreamShamelessPigMainGuiltii[Deleted User][Deleted User]PeanutBristles 18 votes
No, Its fine the way it is.
40%
TapeKnot[Deleted User]RoboMojoAwkward_FiendDeath_Syko21ChurchofPigNormal1PatatesBoobaGannTMpanernanersSanelyOspResavalac 12 votes

Comments

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248

I liked the PTB chase music more, but apparently the current chase music fits Silent Hill 2 more so I'd rather have it.

• Trex_Crazy
    Trex_Crazy Member Posts: 209

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVsQLlk-T0s Also this is literally me listening to it

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

PTB music was so much more of a banger. The serialist-esque percussion bell things were a lot more eerie than the guitar.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

there was more depth to the PTB theme, the newer one is just grungy metal overpowering the entirety of the theme

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    edited May 2021

I like both versions very much and don’t mind having the current live version at all.

but I liked the music in the PTB even more, so if I had the choice I would take that one. But in the end as I said, I am very much okay with both, as it still is my favorite chase music regardless of version.

Post edited by Mooks on
  • Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I will say the old Pyramid Head chase was DBD finest chase music at that point.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

I much prefer the current one. If there was an option to choose between the PTB version or the LIVE version in the game then that'd be pretty nice.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

I didn't notice and have no opinion, I was too busy being chased by Pyramid Head and having a nerdgasm to notice

• SanelyOsp
    SanelyOsp Member Posts: 69

I feel like I'm alone in this comment section, but I prefer the current one.

Some people have said this in different sites, but it does fit Silent Hill a bit more. The bells don't really sound like anything I remember in the games so they feel out of place for me, while the new one sounds a lot like the more chaotic themes from the Otherworld sections. Especially those of SH3, so it also fits with Cheryl.

The PTB version was awesome, but for me, this one is even more so.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

I think the PTB chase music sounded better.