DBD is a horrible game to destress with.

I have been having exam weeks and tried to learn blight so thats whyI have been making a ######### ton of salt posts recently. Not a winning combination. I know its kind a meme but Civ 5 is a way better game if you just want to kinda relax and not get too stressed over.

Comments

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682

Yeah take a break and play PoE or Fallout or something

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I don't know why you'd try to de-stress with a horror-themed game. They're kinda supposed to generate the opposite reaction.

If you really wanted to de-stress with DbD, you'd probably just need to have some casual custom games matches with friends. Or just take a break from it and play Civ.

• bluedusef
    bluedusef Member Posts: 288

I took like 3-4 weeks off and played CIV 3 lol.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384

DBD is a Game to play boy short seasons, not every day.

I used to play It 2-3 hours per day a few years ago, but I understood that this Game is like a gas station, you arrive, you stay a short period of time there and you leave until Next time, maybe on a week, maybe two years.

Dont try to play DBD every day, is not a healthy game.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,625

This will sound weird, but DBD is my favourite game to destress with. Whenever I am having a bad day, I know this game will somehow find a way to help me. It always do.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

Why is punishment of the damn so bad? It's good but it'sbad,why so bad sometimes you can get in a match and not hit one survivor or there's one survivor just runs the tiles of the game not really playing the game, just knows where to run it can be a very ######### experience sometimes.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Yeah, DBD is not a game for relaxing if you have competitive win definitions.

Play for fun, is a mindset. Setting your own win definitions and playing how you enjoy is mandatory to release yourself from the competitive mindset. And accepting, without judgement, that others will play as cutthroat as they choose. But, if you want 4ks or 4 man escapes as the only win definition, game after game, especially trying new killers or builds, then you are likely to introduce more stress than you release.

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320

Change how you think of the game. Some time ago I used to get stressed and angry if things didn’t go well in a match for me, so I quit playing for 4-5 months. I can back with a different attitude, just trying to have fun, didn’t care about hooks or kills, escapes or rank, just having fun. That change in mindset has made the game fun all over again for me, just goofing off and having a laugh.

My advice, just enjoy playing Blight, try crazy plays you don’t think you can make, because if you do it’s a load of fun. That’s the key, fun, so just take each interaction with the other side as a chance for something fun and silly to happen, and the game becomes 100% more enjoyable.

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

Just play survivor if you want to chill. If you are having a bad game, you probably won't live long anyways. As killer, you are there for the whole game, every game, which can get frustrating if you are having bad games, and just want to relax.

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

good luck in your exams!!!!!!!!!!!

as for the stress factor i just get into the mindset of chilling before the game starts and then no matter what i come out ok

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Play resident evil then that’s a stress reliever game maybe not 7 though play RE 4,5 or the remakes

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Good luck on your exams!

If I'm stressed I play BoTW or any nintendo game really. They are the best to relax to and forget your worries for a bit.

DBD... induces stress if you aren't in the right frame of mind for it ^^"

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Try Evil Genius 2. It´s extremely relaxing. Way better choice than DbD. Especially if you have exams.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

I don't think I played that game so idk but I belive u there's always exceptions

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

The absolute best destress game is Doom Eternal.

Rip and tear until it (the stress) is done.

• Aidan_fowl
    Aidan_fowl Member Posts: 47

Well to be fair is not dbd itself. Any PVP game is going to be a terrible choice if you are looking to destress.

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126

This thread is plenty of good advices! As someone told maybe other games are better destress games, especially farming/grinding games like PoE, D3, Bdo, etc.

But returning to Dbd stress subject I do recommend you (as other people told above) set your own win definition leaving behind 4K/4 escapes as win condition. Sometimes lose is funier than "win".

My game objective when I play as killer is hang one time each survivor to get the full BBQ bonus. If I get that objective then I will try to do it again. Maybe I try to kill one survivor, rarely two because I don't want to ge purple rank as killer.

My game objective playing as survivor is... None XD. Simply let the things flow but I can say playing altruistic and unhook survivors is like the meta to me (I always, always, always use BT). 

Good luck with your exams!! 

• Dilif69
    Dilif69 Member Posts: 148

still better then lol tbh

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Why would you destress with a pvp game? Try co-op or single player.

• Sadiii
    Sadiii Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2021

I think one of the biggest frustrations for me is the "RNG" of maps. I'm currently trying to learn Nurse and last night I had 3 back to back to back games on the Silent Hill map, followed by swamp Rose map and then 2 of Lerys. So many times I'm just blinking in place and get through. Really gets the blood boiling.

One the hand, I can't get better if I stop and play a different Killer or go play Survivor. On the other hand, I'm attempting to learn and play through tilt and that's not healthy either. Oh well, what can ya do I guess

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

I cant play dbd before bed. It causes my mind to race and end up taking forever to fall asleep cause my brain is full of energy from the matches.

Definitely would NOT recommend playing it if you are already stressed or need to calm down, it has the opposite effect.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Tbh I'm not much of gamer I play dbd, all Resident evil games and tomb raider and that's pretty much it lol

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

I recommend wraith he's like the only killer that I can sorta destress consistently.

that or who you are best with blight can be that destresser but not if your learning him

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

Yeah, idk why I always go to it since I usually end up more pissed by the end. I'd recommend just memeing as survivor. Run no mither and diversion, throw shack pallet immediately, do whatever the hell you want it's a video game

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Legit playing that as i read this comment for the first time.

You've got taste.

• Boss

Bought a plushy of that one as a present, she loves it.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
  • Boss

On the game's official website... http://slimerancher.com/merch/

...is a link to this store... https://www.forfansbyfans.com/fandom/fandom-slimerancher.html

...where i got the one i talked about... https://www.forfansbyfans.com/category/all-vinyls-collectibles/tabby-slime-plush-batch-3-17529.html

...and 1-2 others.

Btw, i show all these links to try and assure you that this is safe. 😅

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited May 2021

I destress while gaining some Bloodpoints and Irridescent Shards by playing like a bot and keeping my breathing and blood pressure calm.

1. Play a 115% movespeed killer (I prefer Pyramid Head because of how he lazily drags his weapon. It fits the mood)
    2. Equip BBQ, Lightborn, Iron Grasp, and Fired Up
      • BBQ for Bloodpoints
      • Lightborn so I don't have to worry about dodging flashlight lobbies
      • Iron Grasp so I don't have to drunkenly stumble to the hook
      • Fired Up because of how I chase
    3. Patrol from gen to gen around the map
      • If the gens noisy and there are no scratch marks then kick, spend 3 seconds looking, and move on
      • If the gens noisy and there are scratches, immediately follow the scratches for a chase
    • Chase survivors with very minimal mindgames
      • Vault the windows unless there is a very short alternate path
      • Disrespect pallets and try to swing through them to get an unexpected hit
      • If another survivor cuts in to take aggro switch to them
      • When closing in, angle the camera down and track their feet instead of their upper body
      • Wait 2-4 seconds before swinging when close enough to hit to see what the survivor will do first
    1. Continue to patrol gens immediately after hooking, following any tracks along the way for the next chase
    2. If not in a chase when the exits are powered, patrol both gates
      • Chase any survivor that doesn't leave
      • Smack any survivor that camps the threshold
    Post edited by Nos37 on
  • TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

When I need to relax and de-stress, I go to Dying Light, where I can casually dismember zombies. Good times. There are a few others I'll choose from, too. Maybe I'll pick fruit and go fishing in Animal Crossing, or I'll punch my way through a beat-em-up game like Batman: Arkham Asylum, or I'll screw around in Battlefront II. I recently got a couple Warhammer games that look like explosions of blood punctuated with a bit of dialogue here and there, I bet those'll be fun.

But not Dead by Daylight. Never Dead by Daylight. This game was designed to be grindy and frustrating, not fun, and it certainly doesn't work for relieving stress.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I specifically have a cage littered with them

I also have been exterminating pink slimes and replacing them with tabby slimes