Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I Have the Ultimate Fix for this game!

Ok so...1st off, lets talk about the problem right. You get into the match as a solo survivor, lets say you get tunneled or god forbid you get camped right? Usually this leads to one of 2 things. Either A, your team has a brain and has done 3 gens in the time it takes you to reach your last hook state and die, or B, your team is brainlets and are attempting to hook save a charged up Bubba camping and you all die. Or C, nobody comes to save you at all...everybody is just in it for themselves causing you all to die. Or, lets say you were unlucky and just sucked hard enough to die pretty fast.

What if survivor bloodpoints was no longer based on individual performance but instead based on your performance as a team? And instead of the typical individual performance, your individual performance applies toward your rank?

Now let me explain. As a killer I constantly run into these situations where either a team is actually playing as a team and doing objectives, or B survivors are playing like complete ass and damn near killing each other with how they play. I always see one sorry guy at the bottom of the score who just....is bad at the game or they could be new who knows. Barely did any objectives etc. <---But because of this guy dying other people on the survivor team also end up with bad scores because they couldn't make up for the weight of that one team mate. Sometimes its because a survivor is bad at the game, sometimes its because they're new. Etc.

I would rather see survivors get scored as a team to encourage them to actually play as a team, to actually TRY in their games. And I know this isn't a common killer sentiment but I think it would solve a lot of issues where people are unhappy about a killer or how strong they are etc. Where you can then base the balance of killers around their performance against an entire team, instead of 1 guys anger because he sucks at window vaults or can't read or anticipate movements. Contrary to popular belief, but there are some killers who require multiple survivors wits to outplay a strong power set (I won't even name names because drama). Scoring like this I think would enhance survivors. So we as killers can do our job without the constant moaning.

My method of scoring would do the following:

Get unlucky on a pig headtrap and manage to actually pop? Not a big deal, cause the game doesn't end when you die, you can still earn BP if your team manages to perform well enough. So dead or alive, you're encouraged to up your performance.

Want more people to cleans totems in anticipation of that dreaded NoED? Great, every totem cleansed goes toward BP for the entire team. Hook saves, give BP to the entire team, Gen completion gives BP to the entire team dead or alive. Healing survivors=BP to the entire team. Running the killer on long chases=BP to the entire team. Taking out hooks=BP to the entire team. Etc etc.

Somehow in the design of this game BHVR has managed to create this toxic cesspool of bad habit. Where a player feels less motivated to actually use team play or even set their fellow players up for failure. They've also cultivated a culture of "Well instead of getting better at said thing, we should tear something else down to meet up with something thats already terrible" Creating this nerf cycle, instead of improving the strength of unique set ups that drive people away from playing the same skills over and over again.

I'm mentioning this because I used to play a lot of Heroes of the Storm. For anybody who's ever played it, its probably the least frustrating competitive team game out there. When your team mates are doing well, so are you. When your team mates are doing bad? Well, you're motivated to carry, and can get rewarded for it. If DBD shared that same development mindset I think it would create a lot less Salty players on survivor side anyway. And actually allow them to bring weak killers to a threatening point where killers are also less salty. <--This in turn creates matches where killers are less likely to be toxic and actually perform well in their games.

^ On top of this.....increase the bloodpoint gain across the board so people can actually flesh out their characters. I see a lot of these problems in some matches simply coming from the fact that as a survivor or killer your ability to even try anything new or set up different perks is hard throttled by ridiculously slow BP gain. And if you wanna flesh out a new killer....its gonna be a while before that killer actually enters the general populous with a well rounded perk set up. With the current set up, its just the same people, playing the same killers, with the same meta perks because "######### grinding out that many BP every new release its insane."

I think this game should be less about the individual when it comes to survivor and more about the team....if you only incentivize a "ME ME ME" attitude in a game that requires 4 people to outsmart and outplay an immortal killer controlled by 1 player....then you're gonna end up with a bunch of negativity all around. If killers are the only ones who have to have a "ME ME ME" attitude while survivors are all about the team, then Killers have less room to scapegoat their own failures and blame them on "Survivors OP" because at that point....you're just simply being outplayed and bad since effort goes both ways. Hell kick it up a notch and allow players to upvote someone who played well in their match, add a small iridescent shard bonus to it or something like 1 or 5 or whatever.

Dunno just some Ideas.

Comments

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I like the idea, i proposed a similar one myself, about 3 years ago. Back then, most people were not interested, mainly because it means that no matter what your performance is, a potatoe or two can ruin even the bp you can earn, while being carried anyway.