We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Killer Concept - The Tinkerer

Tomplexthis
Tomplexthis Member Posts: 23
edited May 2021 in Creations

(i just woke up, and had an idea for a killer that can place traps on objects,)

(but after seeing that theres also another idea similar, i dont know, "Springtrap")

The Tinkerer can place up to 10 traps on Hooks, Lockers, Pallet Boards, Generators, Chests, and Vault Locations.

[He has an unlimited supply, but placing a new trap, replaces the oldest one]

-Mostly the traps cause any interaction with these objects to be slowed, and inflict exhaust/mangled/hindered

-interactions with these traps alert the killer for 3 seconds, if they are used or being used.

-The slow on interactions is a 20%, using any trapped object inflicts the exhaust/mangled/hindered effects

-the survivor is mangled for 60 seconds, exhausted for 8 seconds, and hindered for 3 seconds, all traps.

-If the survivor was injured before interacting with a trap, they also have hemorrhage applied. 60 seconds

{The tinkerer may also place a trap on a downed survivor, this prevents them from moving or self recovering}

--The Tinkerers wields 2 weapons, a huge wrench, and a little hammer.

--He is shorter than the trapper, about ghost face, or the pigs height

--Base speed is 4.6ms, and terror radius is 12m

=============

Perks

---Faulty Wiring, when stunned by a survivor by any means, that survivor is exposed for 22-26-30 seconds.

^has a 80-70-60 second cooldown, Stuns like pallet boards, or flashlights apply. but perk related stuns like Decisive strike or Head On do not.

---Excessive Aggression, While Bloodlust tier 1 or higher is active, Gain a 4-6-8% haste to movement speed, vault speed, destruction speed (walls/pallets/Generators), basic attack speed. and missed basic attack cooldown speeds.

---Bleeders Demise, If survivor is healed for 1 health state within 24-28-32m of you, their aura is revealed for 4-6-8 seconds, and they suffer from the exhausted/oblivious/blindness state for 15-18-20 seconds,

==================

he wears a welders mask, but the part with the glass has busted in to reveal his yellowing red bleeding eyes,

He wears blue jeans, with a black jeans shirt, and thick black gloves usually meant for soldering.

his skin is gray and decomposed a bit, covered in scars and dirt, he was quickly buried alive, an accident at his car repair shop, went awry, causing a vehicle to fall face first on top of him. thought dead, the company decided to try and cover it up, literally, but in revenge, he dug himself back up from the ground, and began setting traps within each of his cohorts homes, This killer does not take revenge slightly, and perceives it more as an art form.

One mans car engine exploded through the steering wheel as he started it, burrowing straight into his chest, another tried to start his microwave for a morning snack, to find the microwaves were outside the box, he was fried alive from the inside, the water burning and bursting through his skin. Another tried to make ice with their refrigerator, and the cooling temperatures froze him and everyone else in his home solid, in their sleep. One more even tried to call for help after smoke began to surface from their stove, their hand becoming trapped, stuck to the phone, their skin began to melt, and then a massive surge of electricity fried them alive.

After he had done away with every single person that had worked at his repair shop, alll 38 of them. he was hunted down by police, who had blurry footage of him, a few times in the act, the chase ensued into the backwoods forest, behind his old shop, where the chase ended in dark mist, and The Tinkerer Bill Clayton, was nowhere to be found.

Comments

• Tomplexthis

Any trapped object will have barbed wire, and red/black smoke surrounding it. this can only be seen if the survivor is within 8m of the trapped object.

• Givti
    Givti Member Posts: 50

His power seems pretty cool, even though placing a Wiretrap on a survivor seems to be too strong. You also shouldnt get exhaustion from using trapped windows/pallets and his terror radius should probaly be standardized, because his power isnt connected to his terror radius (unlike Myers, he needs a smaller one so he can stalk the survivors from up-close). I also dont get why he has two weapons and i would like to know how long this 20% debuff on e.g. generators apply. Is it for like 10s?

Faulty Wiring is ok, but not good in a SWF, because after they know you have it, they just dont stun/blind you anymore.

I dont like Excessive Aggression, because it promotes using an outdated feature: bloodlust.

Bleeders Demise is ok, but you can counter it very easy.

• Tomplexthis

"he has two weapons" the wrench is in his right hand, the tiny hammer is in his left hand. the hammer is mainly for use with his power, as a cosmetic, but, also light attacks, and lunge attacks are using the wrench. the hammer has a little less reach than the wrench.

-i honestly dont know what a SWF is, but as a killer main, i see alot of synergy teams. and they usually always run the exact same 4 perks.

bloodlust does need an update, but mostly for the massive lag spike that occurs every single time it pops up.

for bleeders, and all 3 perks, it was 3 perks that i kinda really wanted, but also needed a bit of balance i guess. most perks have counters to them on the survivors part. a lot of killers perks can be countered.

--As for trap durations, the traps when placed stay on the objects permanently, until used, there after the traps will vanish. such as if a trap was placed on a generator, if a player uses the gen, the debuff is applied. but eventually will go away after awhile. i guess it is a huge question.

• Givti
    Givti Member Posts: 50

SWF = Survive with Friends (people that often talk with each other, when one of them knows your perk, he'll just tell the others)

The Devs can probaly just delete bloodlust, because its outdated. There is no reason for it in the game, besides braindead killers that dont want to break a pallet + usually there is no lag spike when it pops up, your device just cant handle it

Yes many perks can be countered, but some of them can be countered in such away that they are straight up useless and nobody runs them usually. Examples: Hex: Blood Favor (perk from Blight), Forced Penance (perk from Pyramid Head) and your perk Bleeders Demise

I understand that the traps stay permanently until used, but i wanted to know how long the debuff is applied (you have to give at least an example, otherwise we dont know what we should expect from the ability)