Need help making a Jack of all trades Survivor build

Options
ukenicky
ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

I want to make a build that covers a lot of bases but without being all meta perks. I really like to try and use off meta / niche things from time to time so I'm trying to limit it to only 1 meta perk but yeah.

I'm thinking something like:

We're Gonna Live Forever (Can be swapped but I like the BP bonus)

An exhaustion perk

An information perk like Deja Vu or Alert

And Spine Chill

But I just can't ever seem to settle on something and feel like I spread things too thin or don't focus on any one thing enough and thought I'd get some advice from here. Other things I try to splash in are BT (Camping is very prevalent lately) and We'll Make It as I like to be a healer on teams.

Any input would be highly appreciated, thank youuu

Comments

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378
    Options

The solo survivor builds I'm using right now consists of:

• Kindred / Alert / Bond - Informative
    • Dead Hard / Sprint Burst / Balanced Landing - Chase Extension
    • We'll Make It / We're Going To Live Forever / Borrowed Time - Support
    • Detective's Hunch / Prove Thyself / Deja Vu - Objectives
  • DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Options

My Jack of All Trades Build

Prove Thyself - The best repair perk in the game and gives a really good BP bonus for all co-op actions, regardless of what the co-op action is.

Iron Will/Dead Hard - Perks for escaping a chase, helps you survive longer too so gens can get done

Borrowed Time - A great perk to help your fellow survivors survive longer, good altruism goes a long way and can come in clutch.

Free Choice! - All up to you! Pick whatever perk you want, the other three perks have got your back and allow you some freedom with your final selection, if I was to make a recommendation, I'd say Spine Chill or Adrenaline, but it's all up to you.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 938
    Options

If you like a well-rounded BP build, I'd recommend:

Bond, WGLF, Botany Knowledge, Self-Care

---

WGLF is self explanatory.

Self-Care is used to get you a reliable source of survival points and encourage gunning in for protection hits. This also gives you one of the only reliable ways to get a continuous supply of survival points in the game.

Botany Knowledge is used to counter-act Self-Cares weakness of time consumption by making both your own heals, and your heals on others faster. You can replace this perk if you want, but it just increases your point-earning efficiency so much with this build I can't normally let it go.

Bond is for knowing where the killer is (to avoid, or get free protection hits as needed), know where generators are, know where totems can be, and for getting co-operative points easier.

Co-op points are the single most effective way for getting points as a survivor, even if the actions themselves (like doing generators in groups) are slightly inefficient, you'll gain a much high point/sec value for doing these activities as a group.

---

That said, no matter how good a build may be on paper or in others opinions, it can be un-enjoyable if it doesn't use perks or play-styles you like.

So feel free to tweak whatever you want

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,144
    Options

My standard solo queue build is:

Kindred, Windows of Opportunity, Small Game, Inner Strength

Kindred is great for when you are hooked or when you need to know what your team is doing for a hook.

Because you are solo you don't know which pallets are available a lot of the time, so windows helps you with that.

Small game for totem/hex finding

Inner strength for self healing.

Small game and inner strength are the ones that change in my build, but i always keep the other 2 in solo. For example, when i was doing the challenge for safe unhooks/protection hits in the rift, i swapped over to Self-Care and Borrowed Time.

I generally always take a flashlight and play pretty aggressively and self-care isn't as bad as people think it is if you use it at the right times, but always immediately running the opposite end of the map to self care against sloppy is not the right time to use it.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827
    Options

I am a blood point prostitute, I run:

Wglf

Dead hard (hands down best exhaustion perk)

Dstrike (because way too many killers are douches)

My 4th perk I will rotate based on what I'm trying to do usually one of these:

Iron will if I bring a flashlight

Unbreakable if I don't

Borrowed time for unhook challenges or if killers are especially douchy at the time

Prove thyself if my teams having a hard time finishing gens that day/night

For the people if I want to have a good time

Saboteur if I really want to have a good time

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    Options

I like Detective’s Hunch. Lets you see gens, totems, and boxes for a few seconds.