The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Again.. Key nerf when ( 5.0.0 )

Im just saying for a friend...

Comments

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

Hopefully sooner the better. Personally I'd like to see the aura reading aspect of keys reworked into a new item along with their add-ons.

Then keys (Well, specifically just the Skeleton Key) could be an item you can ONLY find during a trial with an extremely low chance of finding from chests (Plunderer's wouldn't affect this and Appraisal wouldn't be usable to roll for them either). That way when and if you use a Skeleton Key to open hatch during a trial it gets used up and it's a mechanic unique to trials and not something survivors can bring from the Bloodweb.

I just want to be able to use the aura reading power without killers hating me. It's why I have a growing stash of keys I never use lol

• TGB
    TGB Member Posts: 301

To be FAIR - and trust me, I despise Survivors more than anyone - Mori is "toxic" and does more than "save hook time" because Survivors have a PLETHORA of things they can do between point A and point B to stop that hook from happening.

THAT BEING SAID, this plethora of things that Survivors can do is completely obscene and needs to be changed. You could down Survivors 100 times in a game and get 0 hooks. It's offensive. Survivor strength needs to be literally halved.

And - of course - keys are also "toxic". And way more so than Mori's.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

Honestly it could be another 4-6 months who knows.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Well, in the anniversary stream it was mentioned keys are going to become a base-line mechanic (base-kit).

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

They are probably planning to make it a mechanic like the new flashbangs. I hope they don't tie that in to a perk too like they already did with many essential things.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited May 2021

Just like you said breakdown may take a couple of months to fix?

I wouldn't go by your estimates :P

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,740

Am I the only one that paid attention to the part where they said they'd make changes to keys around the same time as the 2nd round of mori changes?

• DetailedDetriment

Lmao. Did they say anything other than both features becoming base-line? That's all I heard.

• DraconDirnc
    DraconDirnc Member Posts: 121

I am more realistic so probably around 10.0.0 or 12.0.0

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,740

From what I remember of watching that part back about 30 times to write about it, yes they'll be making it baseline but they'll also be adjusting them accordingly due to them being really strong. Yes it was brief and didn't go into details but it was there

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

And i´m being optimistic here! 😅

It looks like some other people didn´t get the joke.

• DetailedDetriment
    edited May 2021

If anything happens, I still want 4 people to be able to escape through the hatch. I earned that achievement fair and square, so they better not pull an R6 Siege on us and remove it.

(R6 is known for making constant changes to trophies, and even removing two)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Tell your friend they have announced to have plans for Keys, no specific date given.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I don't want them to announce when a key change is coming, just to do it. I still remember when they announced the instaheal nerf and there were four per match until it actually happened. I played a lot of plague.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

To fix the issue with keys we desided to give survivors free keys for tormenting the killer.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682

First time I have ever heard a game dev say a game mechanic is "toxic"

What the hell are they even talking about?

• Samtar
    Samtar Member Posts: 13

THAT BEING SAID, this plethora of things that Survivors can do is completely obscene and needs to be changed. You could down Survivors 100 times in a game and get 0 hooks. It's offensive. Survivor strength needs to be literally halved.

That is not the reason survivors are OP at the top level, The reason is just how fast they can bang out generators.

Flashlight saves and sabotaging should be encouraged more as that gets people off of generators. Current counters to that stuff is:

• Flashlights - Look at a wall and check to see any nearby possible hiding places someone could be hiding at If you want to face that location.
    • Sabotaging - If its one person then you simply go to a different hook, If its multiple of them then you slug.

• TGB
    TGB Member Posts: 301
    edited May 2021

Yes, sure, but it's more straws in the haystack. There are 10,000 reasons Survivors are busted. And yes, chases being 2-3 minutes while that's also enough time to clear out 10-15 generators, that's also a huge issue.

Also, those "counters" to Survivors trying to prevent a hook aren't really counters. They're lose/lose decisions. While you're dicking around with these options as the Killer holding the Survivor, the wiggle meter is filling up. Even plopping them on the ground, the wiggle meter is preserved, AND now that Survivor can inch away from your destination anyway while you handle these other things.

Lose/lose decisions is the concise summary of playing Killer in 2021's Dead by Daylight. And the game needs to be rebalanced around SWF's, instead of balanced around pubs where SWF basically becomes god mode. The goal of pubs should be to try to play as effectively as SWF's as you can.

Basically, SWF's at peak performance should be VERY MARGINALLY stronger than Killer at peak performance, and pretty good pubs should be about as strong as pretty good Killers. That's admittedly very hard to precisely achieve. However, BHVR clearly makes no effort at this whatsoever anyway, so I'd at LEAST like to see an attempt at it, regardless of hitting the mark...

(Right now, pretty good pubs are about as strong as peak performance Killers, and above average SWF's are god mode.)

Post edited by TGB on
  • bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

They said nothing about key exept its going to get change when mori get change so i expect this to be done never

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

As long as they don't get changed while I burn through mu hatch offerings and keys I am fine with it...3 man escapes are fair sorry killers for playing...you go patrol that 3 gen you have

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

It explains everything right. They probably think trickster is OP. But it makes sense when the devs don't bother playing their game in high ranks. But let's nerf pig.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

Im sure they were referring to mori's in the past tense, as in not the current way to trigger mori's.

Mori's used to not require hooking, then only required one hook before the current system.

Killers would hook, wait...then immediately run back to the hook the moment the survivor got unhooked to mori them. The survivor could potentially not have had a single moment spent out of chase before being killed.

Toxic also doesnt have to refer to an action directly towards another player, but to the game's health as a whole.

I would agree with them that one-hook mori's were unhealthy for the game. I would also say it's current implementation is more than a little awkward.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,742