Which chapter were you most dissapointed by?

FrostySeal
FrostySeal Member Posts: 628

And when I say disappointment I don't mean the worst chapter, I mean which chapter were you really hyped for but ended up getting dissapointed in due to reasons like bugs, bad design, or other things?

Personally I was most dissapointed in the binding of kin chapter. When I first saw the twins I got really excited but when they came out the crazy amount of bugs they had combined with the fact that they had many design flaws and mediocre perks really had me dissapointed in BHVR. I was also interested in Elodies perks but later realized they were complete garbage, but otherwise I thought the map reworks were decent.

Comments

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

For me its the legion chapter i use sure legion power would be himself desguise as a survivor cause of the trailer.

After its probably the twin chapter cause of the massive bug the game had after.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

I was most disappointed by Demise of the Faithful and Cursed Legacy. The killers for both looked really cool in the PTB, but I play on console. Plague was nerfed before being released live. I think Oni was nerfed before going live, but I don't remember for sure; he definitely didn't play on console the way he did on the PTB. I never use either killer, especially since Plague got worse with dedicated servers.

I try not to get excited when a killer looks fun on the PTB. It only leads to disappointment.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Descend beyond, i though that blight's power would have something to doo with the viceral cankers but we just ended up getting another killer that runs, at least we got felix.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    edited May 2021

Darkness Among Us - Legion/Jeff. The literal hype and theories (not really the company's fault) people built up for this character turned into one of the biggest flops. Besides the few good (as in fun/enjoyable) Franks I've seen, the Killer is usually just annoying to face with the mend simulator. Jeff is cool, but he is one of the least played Survivors cause his extra large size and extra loud noises. The map is pretty cool though, I like the reworked one

I personally love All Kill and really enjoy the idea of Binding of Kin despite the seething hatred some people have for them. Descend Beyond was saved by Felix cause I hate Blight. Plague's chapter is saved by good perks cause I don't really care for either lady in that chapter. Deathslinger was a fun new theme, the survivor exists. Huntress filled me with rage on release cause of the amount of hard face camping, but she and David are awesome overall. Doc is annoying, Feng is annoying... but I think that was the theme of the DLC. Oni is amazing, Yui is cool. I thought Spirit and Adam were pretty cool, though I now hate Spirit. Licenses overall are solid with Freddy being the worse and isn't helped with the gremlin faced Quentin. Pig is pretty bleh when I really look at her, not really a note worthy character.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

Blight chapter. Blight lore during Halloween events and in rift lore I figured this was going to be a great chapter - the lore we had do far was great, they'd totally make the chapter amazing. Instead we got a killer that's more funny than anything because he shoots up then ping pongs around the map. He's one that doesn't play well on console because was made for m&k not controller. Killer perks had one that was useful and two that are pretty meh. Survivor perks were just disappointing and no way would compete with the meta of survivor perks. The most disappointing part was no map. I so wanted a pustula flower filled map, something like in the little videos from Halloween event couple years ago. Just such a disappointing chapter.

Twins chapter close second. Seemed like it could be a cool killer. Instead it's a killer that slugs and camps, the two strategies survivors constantly complain about is all they do. The lack of scoring events just makes matches against them feel like a waste of time. The perks are all pretty meh, Oppression is the only one that's really useful. Lack of map again just adds to the disappointment.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

100% A Binding Of Kin. The Twins seemed like a cool concept, But their power turned out to be pretty bad. They didn't get any good perks either (Except for Oppression). The only good thing we got out of the chapter was Elodie and her perks.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

Oni did get nerfed when he went live, but almost right after they gave him a 90 degree flick. Which you can actually do on console. PC players with high dpi can pull off 180 flicks though, basically Oni's version of the jflick. I'm on PS4 and Oni is my favorite killer to play.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Maybe the All Kill chapter? Mainly because pallets broke

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,122

All-Kill. No new map and a garbage killer.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Binding of Kin, people say Twins are good but they were released unfinished and the game broke in so many ways it was actually unreal

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

not exactly a chapter but ghostface paragraph

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971
  • Avarice00
    Avarice00 Member Posts: 39

ghostface paragraph. binding of kin, all-kill, chains of hate. I can't think of a chapter that I actually really hated, but those are the ones that come to my mind first when I'm trying to think about it. I don't like the ghost face one because its not the actual ghost face, and I feel like his existence probably means were never getting a scream chapter. With binding of kin, I really wish we could have gotten a map because I think some sort of Parisian sewer/ city map could have been cool. Chains of hate because I actually do just hate the deathslinger. His name is not great, and I think he's the least fun killer to play against. All-kill because of the thematic shift. I don't like the trickster's name or design, but his design especially bothers me. They should have made his smile contorted, and skin stretched over his muscles in an eerie way.

Also just a shoutout to the chapters I don't like because I bought them and don't like the killers current balance: Saw, Demise of the Faithful, Ghostface, A nightmare on Elm street, and Silent Hill.

• jarjargist21
    jarjargist21 Member Posts: 444

I was so excited for the twins and trickster... When I played them my excitement died. I was really disappointed with it and I was going to quit dead by daylight if the resident evil chapter was bad as the last 2 chapters. But I honestly have hope now and now I'm excited for it

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Pretty sure Ghostface was considered a chapter. Just without survivor or map. The definition of chapter and paragraph is not really well defined lol

on topic: definitely Binding of Kin. I do think that the Twins have a nice concept but the execution and implementation was poorly done. Elodie is a cool char though, and her perks can be pretty fun

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

All-Kill by far.

I would be really curious to know how this waste of chapter was develloped. My biggest question is: Did they even try ? Did they try to make new and interesting mechanics around the K-pop theme only to decide they didn't work and drop them. Or did they decide from the get go to create a completly uninspired killer power and focus the whole chapter on style without a hint of substance ?

Sadly we will probably never know.

• eric_alrasid17
    eric_alrasid17 Member Posts: 119

A Binding of Kin so far. I really dissapointed with that chapter, Twins ability and all the perks in this chapter are totally meh, except Oppresion.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,645

All-Kill.

After all of that hype, all of those theories.... we end up getting an "okay-ish" survivor, a awful killer that doesn't even fit the game, and no new map.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,192

The announcement of The Ghost Face Chapter had me excited for a "Scream-themed" one. However, it ended up to be a Paragraph with a killer designed to be used by teabaggers, gave no map nor survivor and ultimately a relatively weak stealth killer. The perks were the only redeeming feature. This was by far the weakest example of a chapter and was a great disappointment for the false promise it gave.

Probably the only time I've really been unhappy at the team, but with Stranger Things and their change since they've more than made up for it.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965

Descend Beyond, I thought blight's power was injecting survivors with the blight stuff, But turns out he was just another "I RUN FAST" killer smh

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965

Ehem, We have bunny feng onesie outfits, The clown elephant outfit (Forgot the name) elf dwight, and somehow trickster doesn't fit Lmao

• GeneralV

Who said those skins fit? I don't like them either, but the question here was about chapters.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

The Twins chapter was the one were i left the game for a some weeks, as i thought it's slowly dying now. Not really because of the new killer, but there were so many bugs at this time (from the months before to the weeks after the release). Luckily it has become better now.

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341

All-Kill I really liked his design and his playstyle a.k.a. an actual machine gun of knives. I am still not good with huntress even tho i've been trying I take to long to aim my shots but with Trickyboy I didn't have to worry about that but then ... then. I played him.

Perks were cool tho. And I think he has some of my favorite lore as well. Just cause of how metal this guy actually is.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

Probably the twins. The trailer looked great and the power interesting. But the entire chapter was buggy and victor got stuck so often, it was no fun.

If you count midchapter then the farm rework. I dont care whether its day or night, but the corn is still annoying and cowshed is a joke.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Binding of Kin. From the teaser I was hoping for a somewhat different kind of killer, and then we got literally the weakest killer in the game, with a concept I wasn't a huge fan of personally, who had so much counterplay (and still does) that jumping in a locker took away their entire power (guess what, it still does).

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

Elodie literally carried Binding of Kin,she's the only reason I like that chapter.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

A binding of kin,

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Binding of kin. I was hoping for a scary cannibal wendigo/witch type of killer but instead we got the boss baby.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092
  • Trickster because of breaks from the game i have played it for years but only saw the releases of

pig

clown

oni

slinger

exe

blight

trickster

out of them i think tricksters was the biggest miss

• Woodywool
    Woodywool Member Posts: 622

For me, It's All-Kill chapter.

My first impression wasn't good when I played 1 game on PTB as the Trickster. It feels like Huntress 2.0 (because the ballistic of knives was the same like fully charged Huntress's hatchet) and haven't too much unique gameplay. Even GF has an ability to crouch and lean & stalk the survivors that create the original playstyle on him compare to Myers...

But when a lot of people started to use "Trick blades" add-on (it made his blades to bounce once and deal extra 100% laceration damage) and aimed NOT to the survivor! They're started aim mostly of the time to the ground or a wall for that these blades got ricocheted from it and deal more damage to survivor if it lands to him/her after bouncing of it). That's what I wanted to see! I tried too and that was so good. Even "Trickster" would fit so well with these ricochet blades as a base kit. And a lot of people & popular content creators said that this should be in the base kit.

• We have Huntress that need to aim to survivor or higher and keep in mind about hatchet ballistics
    • We have Plague that has her own vomit ballistics
    • And now we could have a "new" killer that rewarding to aim to the objects that allow blades to bounce to the survivor

And what we got on live servers? The main power wasn't changed and even more we got NERF for this add-on...

I really can't understand why devs not added this add-on as the base kit...

This change will give him a REAL identify compare to other range killers. It was really fun to down a survivor by a ricochet blade that was bounced from a tree/wall/roof or another object on the map.

Even with the "A bind of Kin" chapter with amount of annoying bugs, the killer has an unique power that's interesting to play.

Yeah, you can play by using camping or slugging tactics that are so strong on her but I find the Twins to play like "2 killers in a strong loop"

I've a situation when I'm chasing the survivor and we reach the shack. I start to zone the survivor on it by using both. It looks like a strategy game. When he is outside of the shack, I'm starting to use Victor. He vaults back to the shack and has Charlotte that is waiting for him.

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588

Im honestly disappointed by the RE chapter

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246
    edited May 2021

All-Kill. Trickster has a cool aesthetic, but his power could not be more bland. All style, zero substance.

Close second would be the Freddy rework. He's my favorite license and I was really hopeful for a good, fun to use power. Instead we got something that you wouldn't even know was a Freddy power if you didn't see the glove. And he's dreadfully boring with no skill expression.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Yun-Jin carried that chapter so hard that you'd be bluffing to say she still has a spine.

• GeneralV

Yun-Jin is fine, imo. But then again, I usually favour the 2016-2017 survivor cast, so there is that.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited May 2021

Whenever meta isn't shifted which is always. If I had to pick one darkness among us was my realization that groundbreaking powers were just not going to happen but binding of kin took the cake on upsets.

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

The Trickster is one of the best addition to the Entity lore wise imo. A psychopath torturing people to record their screams. He seems to be the most realistic killer to me.

Gameplay wise the chapter sucks

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

All-kill was a big letdown for me.