We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

What's your first DBD memory? Nearly 5 years ago, guess DBD was in my blood.

EntitySpawn
EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

So done the tutorials and jumped in as survivor and Well damn, look at me at the top 5 years ago Escaping in one of my very first matches lol, my first dbd screenshot.

What's your first dbd memory?

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,754

"What's your first dbd memory?"

The winter lobby theme sending shivers down my spine. I will never forget it.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited May 2021

The earliest I can remember is me being confused and annoyed that Trapper only had a single Bear Trap to work with the whole game. I did not realize that there were more scattered around the map. :P

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Exactly, I haven't heard it in years. I really want BHVR to let us listen to that again, it gave me some sort of nice nostalgic feeling that I associate with my first 500 hours of playing this game.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

First memory was playing clown on mother’s dwelling. Will never forget that

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

being a baby dweet and hiding in a locker right in front of the killer cause I didnt know who the killer was. They werent even a stealth killer. It was just a billy. No tinkerer. Just a billy sitting there watching me go into a locker.

• GeneralV

Same, my friend. I actually thought it was the main theme of the game back when I started, and I miss it so much.

To be honest, they should just let us choose our lobby. I would do anything to hear that music in-game again.

Also, if you are up for some nostalgia:

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568

I decided to go killer and play Wraith for the first time. I had absolutely no idea how his power worked (because I didn't read his power description) my game started and so I saw a survivor and I tried to hit her, I was unable hit, I had no braincells that time so I thought the game was bugged but all I had to do was just uncloak.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Hearing Huntress hum, and going into a locker because I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't leave that locker until the hum was gone. (I didn't realize there was a difference between the heartbeat and the hum).

• wishwon
    wishwon Member Posts: 73

Started around a month ago, and the first game I played, I played with some friends got facecamped at basement hook by a bubba, defiantly an interesting introduction to the game.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
  • TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

When I watched my partner playing. He told me he found a game for us to play for Halloween and he shown it to me, to be sure I wanted to play.

I was so excited. I never played a horror-themed PVP game before. I bought the game right after and we played like 50 hours together before he dropped the game—as it was only for Halloween.

First memory is me being excited because I was like, "there is a big guy following you! Oh my, that's terrifying!".

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588

I joined when Ranking was broken and I didn't know the game at all, so I picked a killer not knowing what any of them do. I picked doctor and got gen rushed by a Red rank SWF in silent hill and I didn't know the game at all, so I picked a killer not knowing what any of them do. I picked doctor and got gen rushed by a Red rank SWF on Dead Dawg.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Yeah sadly that's the recent experience for new players, often the killers dont know how to play etc. Or feel unable due to lack of perks/knowledge but hopefully the new tutorials fix that for newer players

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

This is my first screenshot:

Was helping someone out on the steam forums with questions regarding Adrenaline!

To be honest though, I don't remember my actual first DBD memory. But I do remember maining Jake when I first started playing and was a shameless Sabouteur Jake.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

I remember hiding in a shack locker and the doctor checked basement and i ran away

I remember thinking i was so good lol

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,973

being jumpscared by hag traps my first time playing against her

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,973

Also another memory is running and fast vaulting everything because I didn't know what scratch marks were or loud notifications were

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388
    edited May 2021
  • bigbeefynacho
    bigbeefynacho Member Posts: 351

Hearing the heartbeat for the first time and being paralalyzed by fear.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i still remember my first time seeing a Prestige 3 Killer and just instantly knowing "well, we are dead"

yeah... good times...

(and yes, we all died. back then seeing a Prestige 3 character ment they were gonna beat you in record time. it was way before Legacy even was a thing, mind you.)

• felix452
    felix452 Member Posts: 59

I remember first playing as trapper on xb and got confused cause I didn't know how to kill survivor for a win

• GeneralV
  • Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,824

My first survivor game as Claudette I loaded into the lower level of The Game, and I kept going, "Oh no, I can't see anything, this is confusing, I need to get outside." It took me a while to understand that there was such a thing as "indoor maps" since i had only seen people play outdoor maps on stream.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

My first or second game ever on PC, I was still trying to get the correct settings for it to run as smooth as possible. I had someone calling me out in chat for, to put it politely, playing badly... it was much worse than that though lol. They then went to my Steam profile and said I was the worst team mate ever. As I said it was only my first or second game ever, did they expect me to be godlike lol.

Disclaimer - three years later, I still don't deserve to get to red ranks and definitely far from godlike :p

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298

My first game as survivor on Haddonfield against a Myers back in November of 2016.

Couldn't even hit 1 single skill check because I thought I had to press M2 instead of space bar for some misterious reason.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,355

That terrible, terrible Storehouse Window.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,693

My earliest memory is my first survivor game. I was a Feng on Pale Rose against a Trapper and... yeah, we were slaughtered. However, I (somehow) managed to wiggle free and locate hatch just in time before he could down me again. It is still one of the best games I've had, although that might be nostalgia talking.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

The earliest memory I have was one of my first survivor matches. I was playing as Dwight on pre-rework Coal Tower against Nurse. I kept fast vaulting (Not knowing that loud noises notified the killer) and at one point quickly entering a locker right in front of the Nurse, thinking she didn't see me. Needless to say, I died that match.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998
    edited May 2021

First memory? Being looped around the groaning storehouse and cow tree in 2016, thinking "this is kinda bullshit."

Then remembering the developers response to infinites: "It takes SOO much skill to do anything even RESEMBLING an infinite."

Those were some dark days.

---

That said, here's some of the first screenshots I've ever taken:

Brownie points if you can remember any of these bugs (yes, these and more all happened in one game).

---

Edit:

Holy crap, I just realized I've been a Small Game + Bond gamer since 2016.

Some things never change.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I was noob Meg-head, i did choice her because she was seem cute. Anyway we all were noobs. We did not finish any generator. When i down, i tried escape on hook and ofcourse i failed. And then i did not know i have to spam space and i died, end of sad story.

And no i did not played tutorial, i just started game. And after terrible games, i watched same DbD videos for learn.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Played on Badham I as Wraith.

Got absolutely meme'd on by a 4 man SWF Ochido-wannabe Claudette squad. 3 Rank 1's and 1 Rank 20, which is how they matched with me by abusing the old matchmaking system.

Killed the Rank 20 and got hate mail for 2+ hours afterwards.

• Sowbug
    Sowbug Member Posts: 139

My friend was practically begging me to get the game because the Stranger Things DLC came out, and he was really into that show. First match was on Hawkins against a trapper and I had no idea what I was doing. Told him I didn't like the game and well, that love-hate relationship with DBD is still going strong lmao.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,874

Played on Groaning Storehouse as David and was scared for my life.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Beta, camera pan, playing as Dwight, playing on Shelter Woods, being very nervous.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,764

My earliest memory for many probably feels still fairly new, but I still remember my first killer match and survivor match.

For killer I chose to play Huntress and didn't understand how to put my hatchets down so I never did and missed every shot and was reloading 90% of the time. I also remember it was on Pale Rose.

For survivor I was playing against a Spirit and had no idea how to run or the concept of the 4% so I accidentally killed myself in like 2 seconds.

It was pretty rough, but I also didn't know tutorials were a thing until I was like Rank 14 a month-ish later.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,555

The 2017 halloween event theme and Michael Myers chasing me through the cornfield. Few moments have made my heart race faster than then.

• Pyramid_head_main
    Pyramid_head_main Member Posts: 25

My earliest dbd memory was getting a 3k with hag(who was the newest killer at the time) after playing the tutorial

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

We played Kill-Your-Friends (former name of Custom Game) with 5 ppl, all new to the game. I was first to play killer, and selected Wraith, bc I found it cool to become invisible. We were send to Thomson House (before the last two reworks, when Light Offerings still existed, so the map was pretty dark). I somehow managed to kill 3 of the others, but the last one repeatedly managed to blind me with his flashlight and ultimately got out through the hatch. That one also told me you had to look for the "footprints" (meant scratch marks), I just had no clue what he meant. It took me quite some time (multiple hours playing killer) to recognize the scratches as what they were. Not very proud of that ^^''.

I tried the blinding the killer in the next games, but failed miserably, not knowing what I did wrong what my pal did right xD. Also we did fail each and every skill check at the start. We did not know that we had to wait for the skill check to appear after the auditory warning. We always pressed as soon as the sound cue came. We played like two games each as killer.

After that, four of us queued for our first online matches. Of course we would be slaughtered, but we did not mind, it was still fun. Good ol' times :D