The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Would you rather face a good huntress or deathslinger

This is a hard one but I would say huntress

Comments

• wishwon
    wishwon Member Posts: 73

Huntress, In my experience Deahtslingers can be pretty toxic, and Huntresses a bit less so. Not saying all Deathslingers are toxic and all Huntresses are chill.

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568

Huntress. Deathslinger ALWAYS intimidates me. Idc if he's wearing his default outfit.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

From a "possibly escape from them" standpoint, I'd rather face a Deathslinger. For whatever reason, I and my team have had better success against good Deathslingers when it comes to escapes than Huntress players. When we face a super-good Huntress, we get wrecked -- nothing like seeing a Hatchet coming from halfway across the map to down you as you're being healed by a teammate, lol.

From a fun standpoint, however, I'd much rather play against the Huntress. It's not quite like facing a top-tier Nurse, but it's probably the next best thing. The few matches I have escaped a Rank 1, God-level Huntress player have felt the most rewarding. Win or lose, a really good Huntress player is a challenge that's a lot of fun.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Both, I love facing them about as much. Good player no matter if he's playing slinger or huntress will dominate chases as long as he's correct on his reads and precise with his power.

It's not like you can't loop either one more then the other, most huntresses and slingers are mediocre so it's easy to abuse their weaknesses (in chase as well) if you don't get out of position and make some good reads on them.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

Against both there really not much you can do, but at least huntress gives you the feeling that you're doing something before she hits you over pallets/loops/around corners.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I go for huntress so long as connection is good and they don’t slug too much. Otherwise slinger

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

I would rather face any other killer that require at least some skill. Like a nurse, Oni or Hillbilly. Deathslinger and Huntress are the easiest killer you can play and they reward too much for being that easy. Same as Spirit, no wonder this trio is the most seen in all matches.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Maybe if the refrigerators were the size of an autohaven Buick lol I don't mind facing either one but I'd say slinger just because he has a limited range on his weapon and huntress does not, the only thing I don't like about slinger is his ability to just pop up out of nowhere because most of them run M&A and his terror radius music is quiet and subtle so he's already on top of you by the time you realize what's happening unless you have spine chill

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Deathslinger. I have more fun playing against him and his chuckle amuses me.

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341

Neither please :)

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    edited May 2021

Deathslinger.

I absolutely cannot stand the absurd hitboxes that hatchets have, and I play as huntress semi regularly until it stops being fun.

It's so infuriating to watch yourself get hit or downed while the hatchet is FEET away from you.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

Neither. Huntress is possibly the least annoying, but those that main her in red ranks are perhaps some of the sweatiest, most insecure players I've ever seen, on par with Spirit and Nurse players that aren't good enough to be top tier players. Her hitboxes always annoy me too, clearly outplaying the huntress but getting hit anyway. Her singing gets super annoying and ends up feeling more like a boon than a drawback with how little her actual radius is. They all run the same goddamn build too (Corrupt, BBQ, Pop, IronMaiden/Some variation here), boring.

Deathslinger is just awful to play against if the player is actually good. Which is rare. They don't tend to be quite as sweaty, but it'll usually go two ways: They stomp because there's little you can do if he's skilled and has momentum, or he sucks and he's just going to proxy/tunnel because even vs solos he's just too unskilled to get anything going which ruins it for everyone, including the slinger.

Overall, they're both mega annoying in my experience. Most killers that you 'outplay' but can still screw you regardless are just as asinine as dead hard sweaty survivors that need perks to barely function.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Depends. In game or real life? Lmfao!

In game, I'd say Deathslinger, Huntress is fun, but Deathslinger seems to add a bit of hopelessness when he reels you closer to him. I enjoy it a lot.

Now in real life? Huntress. She's accurate, she'd most likely try to aim for the head so here's hoping it'll be a quick death compared to being almost eviscerated by Deathslinger

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

huntress

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

Huntress. No thought needed.

• MrPsych
    MrPsych Member Posts: 265

At this point I'll say Deathslinger because I feel like Huntress is played by so many people it gets kinda boring to play against them.

Also I love his sinister laugh.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I don't like playing against either because huntress throws cars and deathslinger has little to no counter play. But I'll have to go with huntress on this one.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

Huntress, deathslinger is so annoying, & that laugh? So cocky, at least he's a cowboy.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

Tough call, but I prefer Deathslinger I think.

I just can't tolerate some of the wonky hits associated with Huntress' beachball hatchets. Sure, Deathslinger can insta-shoot you at any moment, but at least his hitbox seems reasonable.

• Shooby
    Shooby Member Posts: 226

Both Huntress and Cuckslinger really annoy me, but only one of these killers is impossible to have fun against...

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Deathslinger. Huntress has range, and those long distance shots blow anything DS can do at short range out of the water. With DS, you can just pound out gens while he's in a chase, pre drop pallets, and there isn't much he can do. Huntress beats him out any day.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I die more often to Huntress but I’d still pick her over Deathslinger any day of the week.

• Kate_Main_01
    Kate_Main_01 Member Posts: 504

This is tough. On the one hand I don't think I've ever broken Deathslinger's hook chain once since his release and so I find that whole mechanic kind of tedious and drawn out. But on the other I've had Huntress hatchet me through walls and around corners far too many times lately which is a shame because previously I loved going against a good Huntress.

I guess I'd choose Deathslinger if for no other reason than I rarely go against him. It would break up the Huntress, Clown, Bubba, Spirit montage that the red ranks have been serving me lately.

• fr0sty1223
    fr0sty1223 Member Posts: 307

Both are about the same to me unless the hit boxes are being stupid. I can have a very fun game against both killers unless I am getting hit through walls and around corners by their powers

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

I'll take Deathslinger if it means I don't have to see Huntress for the 1,000th time in a row. Getting hit around corners with dump truck-sized hatchets over and over again gets really old fast.

• eric_alrasid17
    eric_alrasid17 Member Posts: 119

Deathslinger, I hate Huntress hatchets hitbox

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

I actually started to enjoy how scary it is to play against Deathslinger, he's really terrifying to play against and uhh... yeah. Plus I hate it when I get hit by Huntress's giant cereal bowls unfairly.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Huntress. I like her more as a character and I find her to be less cheap.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

For those not counting, the vote is a virtual dead heat: 16 for Huntress and 14 for Deathslinger, if I paid close enough attention (I didn't count votes that said "both", "neither", or didn't otherwise specify).

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Deathslinger because id rather be beaten by the projectile actually hitting me then a projectile that clearly did not hit me.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

A good Deathslinger, because people massively overrate a Deathslinger's skill to make themselves feel better about losing to them and so my super secret playstyle that doesn't impact genuinely good Deathslingers will wreck the ones your average survivor says are good.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

I prefer to play killers on their respective maps (or Blight on Crotus, and Twins/Trickster not at all)

The maps were more or less designed around their power and its more aesthetically pleasing to my stupid brain.

Honestly with that in mind, I'd rather play against Deathslinger, he has the opposite problem of Huntress; Range

Huntress is not limited by range and can get cross map shots, which are hard if not impossible to predict, at least with Deathslinger's zoning issue you can tell when he is in range, albeit vaguely.

Deathslinger is also a cowboy man with a big bang bang stick and he makes me happy

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

Deathslinger. He's one of my mains so I know how a Deathslinger thinks and what he can do, meaning my chases against him are usually very tense, rewarding and very fun. Granted he doesn't spam ADS for free zoning, that is.

Although to be fair, I'm not a fan of Huntress. Don't find her fun to play as, or play against - she's not a problem and is actually a very well designed killer, but I just find her very boring. Not to mention I play on console, which kind of excludes her from play from the get go. Hasn't stopped me with Slinger, but Huntress just doesn't have that same kind of hook.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

He is slow.

range is limited.

he can't chain hits like huntress can.

can't kill over pallets

Doesn't have a hitbox the size of a car

This is why you escape from him more often.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Huntress and Slinger are Easy?

Hol' up

Go against actual good survivors as Both. I'll wait for that opinion to 100% Change,

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

Slinger by far.

I dislike facing both of em, but I can at least respect just how accurate the Slinger is with shots. (Hearing him laugh is a plus too)