What is the point of contamination?

Options

From what I have seen so far a survivor who is contaminated will be covered in bright blue, cough and vomit the same as being infected by Plague, and be hindered a few seconds after becoming contaminated.

I'm sure this will motivate stealthy survivors to vaccinate, but it seems to me that survivors who can loop well won't care about it and will just never vaccinate to make it harder for Nemesis to get to tier 3.

Thoughts on this? Is there something I'm missing, or do other people think contamination should come with more downsides to incentivize vaccinating?

Comments

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319
    Options

Hmm, I've been thinking about this as well. Cause other than making Survivors vomit and cough, it really doesn't do much to them. If they became Broken like Plague's sickness, would it be too OP? I'm not sure, I think there should be more downsides.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,879
    Options

It feels like you become a walking battery for Nemesis, and currently his power isn't such that you'd feel the need to vaccinate against the virus.

Really, it needs to actually put the survivors into a position whereby they need to get rid of it, even if it takes 10 minutes to raise to the full potential. Have it so that once a timer is up, the survivor dies and replaces one of the zombies.

It can either be that the timer is shorter, but vaccines respawn. Or there remains a limited supply, but the timer is much longer.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,475
    Options

Well if they don't vaccinate, they're easier to find when hiding, and are way more vulnerable to zombies and Nemesis' ranged attack.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,879
    Options

His ranged attack cannot injure a healthy survivor. You can only be injured by the tentacle if you're contaminated. So it is essentially a third health state unless he's close enough for a punch.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

The downside is the same as Freddy's his power now affects you. Beiing uncontaminated means you have 3 health states vs his power which is extremely stronf if utilised properly.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843
    Options

Nemesis range attack is not that long only 5 meter you can run 1 more sec and punch the guy. You are better of playing PH if you want to use the tentavle a lot

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
    edited May 2021
    Options

You all make a good point. I didn't think about the fact that Nemesis basically has to hit you 3 times unless he only goes for M1s. But it's relatively easy to gets hits with his power through pallets and windows. It may actually be somewhat balanced.