The DC penalty is the most annoying thing ever

I don't DC all the time but when I do it's because I'm either really mad or just want to get out of the game. I have had killer games where the game lasts for more than 20 minutes and I just want to DC and get into another game. You cant exit the game like survivors can. So you just take the penalty or stand in the corner of the map and go AFK.

Then on survivor, I get tunneled and slugged for 5 minutes and I can't do anything, I don't want to be forced to stay in a game because of a penalty. And sometimes I just want to rage quit and just go into another game, I don't mind getting punished for rage quitting, but it gets really annoying and needs to be changed

Please either remove it or make it better so it doesn't punish people that much for DC'ing

Comments

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

What killer are you playing to get 20 minute games? Legion is one that makes games drag on way too long.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

The penalty holds you accountable and stops you from doing it again because you don't want a longer penalty. If you don't like it then that means it's working as intended.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

Sounds like you need to get better at the game

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588

Clearly it doesn't stop anyone from doing it, people still DC

• Sup3rCatTree
    Sup3rCatTree Member Posts: 588

Sure DC'ing means I'm bad at the game. Seems ligit. Not even the point of the post

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

Extremely annoying that it exists when farming still happens sorry that I wanna actually play the game

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Its needs to be there, if you dc you ruin the match of everyone else. Playing with randoms it's already tough enough to give no penalty for dcing. It was a necessary addition.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Yes and they get banned so they can't do it again for a while and if they continue to do it then they will get banned for 3 days at a time. This stops people from having to have them spoil their matches and makes them either stop doing it so they can play the game or stop playing.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

The only frustrating part of the DC penalty is when you have a survivor working with the killer.

People will say just play it out but i cant, i cant give them what they want which is to farm me so i dc and get the penalty.

I still think the dc penalty is good for the game, almost every game would have people quiting otherwise as you all know and seen what people are like in this game.

DBD nowadays would be in the mud without it.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

What about this:

Having a teammate disconnecting for whatever reason is the most annoying thing ever

Yes, being tunneled isn't pleasant, but if you're actually being tunneled you're going to finish the game in less than 5 minutes, which is the first DC penalty you'll get, so DCing is not going to solve anything.

You know how many times I was in a game in which we were pumping out gens because the killer was tunneling only one survivor, then the survivor gets pissed off, DCs and we suddenly lose because now we're in a 3v1?

Now for the killer part

It's frustrating, yes, but unless survivors are taking the game hostage (which is annoying, but very rare) and you don't feel like playing anymore just chase the survivors without putting in effort, take some hits, break some gens, practice your power, and as soon as 5 gens are done open the gates and voilà, now you can go afk 2 minutes and go on with your life

If you don't mind getting punished for rage quitting you should understand that 5 minutes is what you need to cool down after a ######### match, and if your penalty is ramping up... well, maybe you need more than 5 minutes to calm down

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341

The DC penalty is there for a reason and its job is to stop people from ruining other peoples games. Like idk maybe you're playing killer and they brought a 4th anniversary cake you DC cause they're farming you to get the most out of the limited item. They lose that limited item and get nothing for it. Now while that is very specific these are the kind of things that the DC system is to stop. Ruining other peoples games. Just sit in the corner and watch a youtube video and let them farm you for a bit if you absolutely cannot handle staying in the game it's better that way for everybody.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,957
    edited May 2021

Unless it happens to you constantly, you only get a slap on the wrist

• Joshawoo71
    Joshawoo71 Member Posts: 23

Just don't DC. Bad games happen to all of us but the penalty has its purpose.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

It would be nice if the game was designed in such a way that DCing wasn't such a major issue for everyone else. This is one of the only games where I have to plan my day around playing it because I can't just quit when something comes up. Ya, it's only a 5 minute penalty at first, but that builds up, and I don't want it to build up, so I still have to plan my life around when I want to play DbD. The honest result of this is I simply play it less than other games.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

it is doing its job then good