The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I'm done playing

What the developers have done to Killer is just ridiculous. You feel incredibly powerless unless you play Nurse or Hillbilly, and I refuse to play the same two Killers over and over just to feel like I'm doing something. Survivor is boring to play, it's simply too easy to play as Survivor. I don't want to play Survivor, I want to play Killer. I want to play Killer and be satisfied. I post this here in hopes a developer sees this, or at least get a response from one of them.

I don't want to play DBD anymore. I played Survivor for a while, but that got boring, and Killer is the only entertaining part of this game. But they have ruined it, and the community's pleas for any sort of balance IN FAVOR of the Killer has either been given a half-assed fix, or is ignored. I don't hate this game, I just hate the direction it's been going in for a while. And it doesn't seem like it's going to get any better.

Even the new DLC doesn't seem to be bringing anything that will make playing Killer more satisfying and fun. No matter how hard you try, unless you try-hard as heck and bring in top-tier perks/add-ons, you will not have fun because the Killers are so weak and playing Survivor is a cakewalk. Again, I don't hate this game, I want to see them bring changes that will actually make Killer fun. But until that day comes, if it ever does, I'm not going to keep playing this game. I will not buy anymore of the DLC. Hopefully in the future I can come back and actually enjoy playing Killer, but until that day, I'm not going to keep frustrating myself playing DBD. The game has incredible potential, but the developers need to remember that the Killer is meant to be an unstoppable force, not a laughable one.

Comments

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

@Runiver said:
    Devs are aware.
    We had this discussion today again on Discord.

They are starting to work actively since this patch to make the killer experience better in general.
    They told me to trust and wait, and tbh, there's nothing we can do to either : wait and trust, or leave and go (play civilization).

I hope this is true. I really do. I'll wait with ya brother.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

@Runiver said:
    Devs are aware.

They are starting to work actively since this patch to make the killer experience better in general.
    They told me to trust and wait, and tbh, there's nothing we can do to either : wait and trust, or leave and go (play civilization).

I'll trust when I see signs of that Freddy rework. But the real reason I want all killers to be viable is so that my survivor experience is more varied. Nothing but Nurse, Billy and Huntress past mid-ranks, because when it isn't them you win the majority of the time.

• CallMeRusty420

@Runiver said:

@The_Manlet said:

@Runiver said:
    Devs are aware.

I'll trust when I see signs of that Freddy rework. But the real reason I want all killers to be viable is so that my survivor experience is more varied. Nothing but Nurse, Billy and Huntress past mid-ranks, because when it isn't them you win the majority of the time.

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Runiver said:
    Devs are aware.

I do not trust either.
    As I told them : 4 days of discussion and a decent patch won't make up for 2 years of frustrations.
    The only reason I'm still around is because they gave sign of hope recently. It doesn't make me to have to be a nice person with them considering all what happened.
    I have an excellent memory about the events that occured, can't be forgotten.

The reason you're still here is the same as mine. Their mistakes can't be forgiven with such a babystep compared to all the bs us killers have gone through. I'll forgive them when they earned it.

• The_Manlet

@Runiver said:

@The_Manlet said:

@Runiver said:
    Devs are aware.

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Runiver said:
    Devs are aware.

I do not trust either.
    As I told them : 4 days of discussion and a decent patch won't make up for 2 years of frustrations.
    The only reason I'm still around is because they gave sign of hope recently. It doesn't make me to have to be a nice person with them considering all what happened.

You mean you didn't like it when they made it so you didn't even have to time the flashlight/pallet save?

• SuperboyPrime
    SuperboyPrime Member Posts: 18

@Runiver said:
    Devs are aware.

I'm glad that they're aware of this problem. If they can make a good change for Killers sooner rather than later, I'm all for it. I'll wait and see.

• Setsune
    Setsune Member Posts: 71

I feel you man. Killers are in a bad spot but i trust the Devs to change things, don't give up yet,

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@The_Manlet said:

@Runiver said:

@The_Manlet said:

@Runiver said:
    Devs are aware.

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Runiver said:
    Devs are aware.

I do not trust either.

You mean you didn't like it when they made it so you didn't even have to time the flashlight/pallet save?

Would have left the game if it would have lasted.
    The game would have been pointless af.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SuperboyPrime said:
    What the developers have done to Killer is just ridiculous. You feel incredibly powerless unless you play Nurse or Hillbilly, and I refuse to play the same two Killers over and over just to feel like I'm doing something. Survivor is boring to play, it's simply too easy to play as Survivor. I don't want to play Survivor, I want to play Killer. I want to play Killer and be satisfied. I post this here in hopes a developer sees this, or at least get a response from one of them.

I don't want to play DBD anymore. I played Survivor for a while, but that got boring, and Killer is the only entertaining part of this game. But they have ruined it, and the community's pleas for any sort of balance IN FAVOR of the Killer has either been given a half-assed fix, or is ignored. I don't hate this game, I just hate the direction it's been going in for a while. And it doesn't seem like it's going to get any better.

Even the new DLC doesn't seem to be bringing anything that will make playing Killer more satisfying and fun. No matter how hard you try, unless you try-hard as heck and bring in top-tier perks/add-ons, you will not have fun because the Killers are so weak and playing Survivor is a cakewalk. Again, I don't hate this game, I want to see them bring changes that will actually make Killer fun. But until that day comes, if it ever does, I'm not going to keep playing this game. I will not buy anymore of the DLC. Hopefully in the future I can come back and actually enjoy playing Killer, but until that day, I'm not going to keep frustrating myself playing DBD. The game has incredible potential, but the developers need to remember that the Killer is meant to be an unstoppable force, not a laughable one.

Same, after over 600 hours waiting for balancing I see that the big anniversary patch will be a dissapointment too.

I decided to buy dirt rally during the steam sale and experienced a lot of frustration (never knew driving a car at the limits can be that difficult)
    But you know what, I know that it was my fault when I crash into the tree and that I just need to improve. In DBD this is sadly not the case

• Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261

@Runiver said:
    Devs are aware.

trust is a big word for thos devs

• Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261

@Setsune said:
    I feel you man. Killers are in a bad spot but i trust the Devs to change things, don't give up yet,

2 years dude the trust is 99% gone for us killer mains

• Setsune

@Master said:

@Setsune said:

I have trusted the devs for almost 2 years now.
    The introduction of cosmetics like shirtless guys or weird colour survivors confirmed that the devs do not intend to bring this game back onto the direction of a horror game. No, it will stay a bullying sim/ nascar racing game, apparently it sells better to the average gamer nowadays

You're right and i agree with you. I'm just saying the game is changing a lot now, might be for the better in the end.

• Setsune

@mdg2018 said:
    I personally don't have a hard time as killer, maybe i just get lucky. I do feel freddy's power does need a buff but other then that I haven't had a bad killer experience .

What rank are you and how many hours in game? xD

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    edited June 2018
    Now that the developers have finally realised that Looping is a broken hit box cheese that negates the Killers higher base movement speed, they are finally working on it. That’s the whole reason The Clown works so well. Him slowing down Survivors successfully counters the Survivors slowing the Killer down via hit box absue so the 15% higher base movement speed Killers are SUPPOSED to have is no longer negated. 

Now all they need to do is tweek Bloodlust. Make it stack faster, but less of an amount per stack. This would cancel out extended Pallet Looping by giving the Killer back the speed he is losing via hit box abuse. Right now IIRC, it’s 5% Speed for every 15 seconds. All they need to do is tweek it to be 3% for every 5 seconds. This gives Survivors some more leniency as it’s not as steep at tier 3, however Looping only works for about 10-15 seconds. 

The numbers can be fiddled with if it’s insufficient. You either lose the Killer within 30 seconds (45) if you pull off some insane crap, or you hit the floor. No more of this “Stall to win”
  • CallMeRusty420

@Setsune said:

@mdg2018 said:
    I personally don't have a hard time as killer, maybe i just get lucky. I do feel freddy's power does need a buff but other then that I haven't had a bad killer experience .

I have to ask what he asked^

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@SovererignKing said:
    Now that the developers have finally realised that Looping is a broken hit box cheese that negates the Killers higher base movement speed, they are finally working on it. That’s the whole reason The Clown works so well. Him slowing down Survivors successfully counters the Survivors slowing the Killer down via hit box absue so the 15% higher base movement speed Killers are SUPPOSED to have is no longer negated. 

Now all they need to do is tweek Bloodlust. Make it stack faster, but less of an amount per stack. This would cancel out extended Pallet Looping by giving the Killer back the speed he is losing via hit box abuse. Right now IIRC, it’s 5% Speed for every 15 seconds. All they need to do is tweek it to be 3% for every 5 seconds. This gives Survivors some more leniency as it’s not as steep at tier 3, however Looping only works for about 10-15 seconds. 

The numbers can be fiddled with if it’s insufficient. You either lose the Killer within 30 seconds (45) if you pull off some insane crap, or you hit the floor. No more of this “Stall to win”

As much as I disagree with pallet looping, remember, your suggestions would make pallet looping a necessity because it would result in chases that you don't loop in, completely and utterly broken. Your suggestion would just result in more pallet-loopers and more complaints

But something needs to be done that aren't simply just bandaid fixes for Killers. Hopefully they'll figure something out.

My wish? Completely tweak loops entirely not making them a clutch, and make it easier for survivors to escape instead. Because it's not that easy to escape a given chase without essentially looping a bit, and some people fall back onto loops entirely instead of making jukes more viable than loops. Pallets intended purpose was for LoS breaks and a blockage of path from the killers to gain distance and escape, but they evolved into the biggest clutch in the game. Running around them in a circle until you stun the damn killer.

• Outsidedarkness
    Outsidedarkness Member Posts: 25
    I play the killer a d surviver. Yes I get my ass handed to me from time to time but i think tbe killers r fine other than the Dr. be is a little op. As a,surviver I am à level 8 at the moment and it aas a struggle to get here from the dc to the campers it has been a struggle. My killer is a 11 most of the time i get 2 kills sometime more sometime less but I have fun. Not suppose to win all the time it wouldnt be fun.. 
  • SuperboyPrime

@FSB75 said:

@SuperboyPrime said:

In a word, "No".

Killers are in the best place they have been in since the game started. Sounds to me like you weren't around before they made changes to window juking. That wasn't a chase. That wasn't even a chance. Trapper had the best chance, then the nurse came out, and finally windows were blocked for "abuse".

Now there is so much killer diversity it's crazy. From ax tossing Bunny Mom (a ranged attack), to dream boi...you can't even see where this guy is coming from....to an ambushing 0 terror radius chick with a switch blade arm.

"the Killer is meant to be an unstoppable force, not a laughable one."

The only time I feel this way, is when survivors willfully run right up to e, body blocking an attempt to hook a fellow survivor. At that point, yeah, I might agree....I give that a bit of an eye screw, like, "Really? This is what you would do to a killer carrying your friend to a hook"?

No matter how hard you try, unless you try-hard as heck and bring in top-tier perks/add-ons, you will not have fun because the Killers are so weak and playing Survivor is a cakewalk.

What are you talking about? Is there a reason you want to use Iron Grip I over Iron Grip III? And what's this about trying hard? I mean, you can not try as hard....but considering most survivors do try hard, the amount of effort isn't going to be even, and the survivors should win, every time.

Last thing I'll say is this...most killers DO comeback in the movies, via a sequel. But they are NOT unstoppable. Hell, in most every movie, after a big body count, the killer loses the battle just to keep fighting the war.

Freddie, Jason, and Michael have all been beaten, eventually in every movie. There are some exceptions...I mean, perhaps they got away for the moment, but they have all been beaten.

You're right, I wasn't around before they made those changes. But just because those problems were bad and eventually fixed doesn't make the current problems with playing Killers any less worse. If I choose to play Trapper instead of Nurse or Hillbilly, my chances of winning go down significantly. Same thing with Freddy, Wraith, Leatherface, Hag, and so on. It's cool that there's diversity, but only three Killers are viable against Survivors that know what they're doing. Huntress, Hillbilly, and Nurse can effectively combat pallet looping, the rest of the Killers cannot unless the Survivors make a huge mistake. I'm not saying it's impossible for a Killer that isn't top-tier to pull off consistent 4Ks against good survivors. What I'm saying is that it's significantly more difficult to pull-off these victories then if I were to just play Hillbilly. And that's what irritates me, the Killer is supposed to be the one that controls the game, but only a few of the Killers can do so effectively and consistently. And even if you do choose these top-tier Killers, highly-skilled Survivors can still make you look like a complete joke.

Why would I play Hag or Freddy over Huntress? I may enjoy playing them, but I know for a fact if I get decent Survivors in my lobby, I'm not going to have a good time. No Killer should feel powerless against Survivors. I don't even tunnel or camp, but I can't even complete a chase with a Killer like Freddy before multiple generators have been completed. If I continue to chase, then I will lose. If I don't continue the chase, then the Survivor will get away and heal, and I'll still lose.

Yes, most Killers are laughable in their current condition. Are you telling me you've never been pallet-looped/t-bagged by Survivors as they Sprint Burst away or drop a pallet on you? A decent Survivor isn't afraid of the Killer unless they're playing the top tier Killers. Not only do they manage to keep a chase going for minutes on end because of pallet looping and perks like DS or SB, but they add insult to injury by doing things like t-bagging or emoting at you. They aren't afraid of the Killer because they know that the Killer is weak and will have to tunnel in order to even have a chance of getting at them. So yes, Killers are laughable.

I understand that these Killers can and have been beaten in the movies. But in this game, they are in the position of power. And lately, the position of power has been given to the Survivors. If I get outplayed as Killer, that's fine, I got outplayed, that's fair. But in my many matches as Killer, even as the Hillbilly main I am, there are many Survivors that are just impossible for me to catch up to. Either their SB or Lithe goes off, they're looping, or are being stealthy and there's simply nothing I can do about it. It's either waste time trying to find the crouching Survivor, spend time trying to mind-game a Survivor on a pallet loop, chase them until I eventually get Blood Lust, or I have to drop the chase to focus on gens.

There's a lot of time management as Killer and you have to learn how to effectively manage this time. But there are some instances where it is just impossible to do so. Do I continue to chase this Survivor for a minute or two, or do I hit him, drop the chase, and go back to patrolling gens? I don't mind this time-management as Killer at all, it separates the good Killers from the bad. But you can't deny that even if you play the entire match perfectly, you're pressuring gens, you're hooking, you can work your ass off in the match and still lose because the Survivors simply don't have as much to manage as you. If you're chasing one of them, then the rest will just do generators, and you're forced to make the choice to either continue the chase and end it ASAP, which could take minutes, or drop the chase to pressure generators, and allowing that Survivor to run off and heal. In addition, Survivors have so many powerful perks that help keep them alive, it's simply absurd. Now Killers have great perks too, but you're being pit against four Survivors that are highly likely to all be running meta perks. Ruin is a powerful perk, but it can be destroyed and your down a perk. Survivors have similar perks like Unbreakable and Decisive Strike, but those are so great at delaying their death that perks like Ruin are incredibly inferior. Not only that, but they have a choice on when to use those perks. They could play horribly the entire match, but still manage to escape because they DS'd you as you picked them up from the exit area. Survivors have too many safety nets to make up for any mistake they might make, Killers don't.

I don't mind getting outplayed, half the fun of this game is adapting to your opponents. But the Killer simply cannot compete with the amount of Survivor crutches. Why is it that the Survivors get so many crutches, but the Killers don't? If the Killers are in the power role, shouldn't they have more crutches? The Survivors should be the ones that constantly have to work their butts off to pick up the win, not the Killer.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    @Brady

I don’t see how it would make Looping necessary. You’re not supposed to get a stun at every single Pallet for a chance to escape. I’m sorry, but if you can’t LoS break and juke a Killer without getting a Pallet stun, or without them breaking it, then you need to work on your jukes. That’s why Killer stuns are worth 1000 points a pop, it’s supposed to be rare that it happens. It’s a reward for waiting till the exact moment the Killer is on you. Instead of dropping it to create a path block and run and hide. 

Lots of folks also ignore the random odd tree as a juke spot and won’t even try unless it’s a jungle gym or a building. 

It wouldn’t “break” chases. Chases are supposed to be a Killer sided event in the first place. You got found, you made a mistake. It should be difficult to escape the Killer. That’s the whole reason you have more than one chance on a hook, the whole reason you have three team mates. Being found is the Survivors fail condition. You failed to hide from the Killer, you will be punished with the difficult task of escaping. You don’t get to take the Survivors only fail condition, and make it simple to escape. That why the Looping issue is such a big problem. All they have to do is waste 30+ seconds of the Killers time, they win the chase. The Killer wasted too much time. 

If if we got rid of Looping the way I said, adding in more LoS breakers and such would just put us back at square one. You can’t put more on after taking away, that just leaves the game imbalanced. The meta perks might shift, but it’s still the same. 

Would defiantly need a PTB to test it, but really, it’s the only way to stop the Looping issue. It’s a hit box cheese that negates the Killers speed, they need to give that back. 
  • The_Manlet

They're never going to move the game away from looping and teabagging and towards stealth gameplay. That ship sailed with the Doctor, and he's not the only one that counter stealth. And then you have the Emblem system making it almost impossible to pip with stealthy play. No, the grave has been dug too deep. All we can hope for is a kind of looping that is less in the control of the survivor. More mindgameable, unsafe pallets and loops so good killers can get hits in instead of being at the mercy of the survivor.

• Master

@Setsune said:

@Master said:

@Setsune said:

I have trusted the devs for almost 2 years now.
    The introduction of cosmetics like shirtless guys or weird colour survivors confirmed that the devs do not intend to bring this game back onto the direction of a horror game. No, it will stay a bullying sim/ nascar racing game, apparently it sells better to the average gamer nowadays

You're right and i agree with you. I'm just saying the game is changing a lot now, might be for the better in the end.

Might be, but it is defintely not the game anymore that is still advertised in the steam shop. I fill kinda betrayed tbh

• Master

@Outsidedarkness said:
    I play the killer a d surviver. Yes I get my ass handed to me from time to time but i think tbe killers r fine other than the Dr. be is a little op. As a,surviver I am à level 8 at the moment and it aas a struggle to get here from the dc to the campers it has been a struggle. My killer is a 11 most of the time i get 2 kills sometime more sometime less but I have fun. Not suppose to win all the time it wouldnt be fun.. 

Saying that the dr is a little OP clearly exposed your rank 20, sorry to say that.
    You might be a survivor at rank 8 atm, but obviouslyt this should not be your true rank if you still think that doc is a little op
    I estimate that you are a ~200 hour guy. At that point I had still fun in the game and thougth that I could improve my killer skills a bit, but a few more hours and you will realize :wink:

• mdg2018
    mdg2018 Member Posts: 153

@Setsune said:

@mdg2018 said:

Not high at all on rank don't really care about it, i play for fun, not to hit rank one never saw the purpose of trying to reach high ranks.. But I have played against ranked ones before.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2018
    Don’t forget that every time Killers get a worthy buff, the Survivor mains act like little kids and whine their butts off until the devs eventually change it. It’s obvious that BHVR only cares about their cash cows, the Survivor mains. Otherwise Killers wouldn’t be a joke. 
  • CallMeRusty420

I come here again and I see all these people saying Killers are fine and trying to say mechanic fixes are killer buffs. Ew >.>

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@Runiver said:
    Devs are aware.

This honestly gives me hope for the future but the devs have alot of work to do in order to make it up to the community. They have done and said some pretty outrageous things. Talk is cheap for them, they can say what ever they want. It is action that will truly show us if they have learned from their mistakes and are willing to take a firm stance and balance this game once and for all.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

on the dev stream they were talking about the clowns gas blinding ppl but changed it because being blinded is annoying and not fun.... but flashlights still work.... :D

• Runiver

@SadonicShadow said:

@Runiver said:
    Devs are aware.

This honestly gives me hope for the future but the devs have alot of work to do in order to make it up to the community. They have done and said some pretty outrageous things. Talk is cheap for them, they can say what ever they want. It is action that will truly show us if they have learned from their mistakes and are willing to take a firm stance and balance this game once and for all.

That's what I told them.
    I clearly told them that 4 days of discussions (now 5 or 6) won't erase 2 years of frustrations and of being left behind in the balance process. The fact that they took 1 year and 2 Months just to fix killer's sounds, 1 year to fix scratchmarks that they bugged themselves, 1 year and 8 months to (eventually, it's not done yet) remove the vacuum from pallets, along with other stuff such as Freddy nerf (which indeniably made him the WEAKEST KILLER in the game even tho he already arguably was), amongst other stuff such as the shadow nerfs, the "Play civilzation or another game if you're unhappy to play killer", the myers nerfs, the STBFL nerf and so on...

They also accept that blame but they told me that right now they're working for a better balance and less frustration for everyone, and for ONCE it seems like they do what they're saying, and they're considering many more option for the close future and told me that we don't have many choice but to wait to see it coming. Which is kinda true, sadly.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

I've had the pleasure of speaking with @not_Queen and I can assure you the game will be going in a better place. I trust the devs understand the problems of the game, and while it may take time, I fully believe they can make this game better for all sides, but especially Killer, which has been neglected for a long time.

Let this 2.0 update a new start for the game. Forget the past and try to look forward, assuming the patch is worth the wait and what we've seen in the PTB will indeed stay in the balance.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

You're not wrong that there are a lot of issues with the game. But why make a post like this? It just looks overdramatic and self-important. Yes, there are problems. But just make a post about them normally next time, because the truth is no one cares about one person boycotting the game, even if they write a public essay about it.

• Runiver

@weirdkid5 said:
    I've had the pleasure of speaking with @not_Queen and I can assure you the game will be going in a better place. I trust the devs understand the problems of the game, and while it may take time, I fully believe they can make this game better for all sides, but especially Killer, which has been neglected for a long time.

Let this 2.0 update a new start for the game. Forget the past and try to look forward, assuming the patch is worth the wait and what we've seen in the PTB will indeed stay in the balance.

I actually believe the ones we talk to are nice people that want less frustrating gameplay and a more polished game.
    Tho I'm not quite sure about the people making the decisions about them at this point.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

I actually believe the ones we talk to are nice people that want less frustrating gameplay and a more polished game.
    Tho I'm not quite sure about the people making the decisions about them at this point.

Like I said, I have a little bit more faith than that for teh futur

Only time will tell though

• Master

@weirdkid5 said:

Queen was the one shaking their hand when mat told us to play civ, she it the one I have sympathy with, but sadly she has nothing to say when it comes to balance

• SuperboyPrime

@FSB75 said:

@SuperboyPrime said:

I don't mind getting outplayed, half the fun of this game is adapting to your opponents. But the Killer simply cannot compete with the amount of Survivor crutches. Why is it that the Survivors get so many crutches, but the Killers don't? If the Killers are in the power role, shouldn't they have more crutches? The Survivors should be the ones that constantly have to work their butts off to pick up the win, not the Killer.

I truly appreciate your taking the time to respond and in such detail.

There's so many points in your response that I wanted to respond to....but I found your closing comments to be the most striking.

Based on your overall attitude about the game, and when I say attitude, I don't mean in a sense of good or bad...perhaps....perspective is a better word; I don't think you are going to find much satisfaction.

"If the Killers are in the power role, shouldn't they have more crutches? "

I don't believe the killer were ever meant o be in a "power role". I think this is flawed logic wherein the idea of balance comes into play.

Allow me to explain. I have experienced everything you mentioned above. the window juking, the pallet looping, the perks, the chases....all of it. No, that doesn't happen to me anymore. I don't chase, and I only hook when optimal.

I completely understand your frustration. It's the start of the trial...wait for it (30 seconds), here comes one, two, or even sometimes as many as three survivors running up to me.....flashlights clicking, all tea bagging away. I completely ignore them. As of right now....the current state of the game, I have 2 play styles, and I have NO control over which one it will be from trial to trial.

I find 3 gens that are within close proximity to one another (no more than a 7 second walk), and I never stop patrolling and kicking gens (there was a time where killer couldn't kick gens). Survivors come running in...I don't chase, I don't care.

The game, I'll concede, has been reduced to me kicking gens with overcharge, and slugging players over and over again. A trial may last well over 30 minutes this way, but everyone gets a ton of points, I usually wear down the survivors to walk away with 2 kills (ranks 10 - 5....I've never broken rank 5 myself).

The point I'm trying to make is that I, as the Killer completely control the game. None of the perks matter, none of the equipment matters....because I, as the killer, choose not to bring them into play.

What good is sprint burst if your not being chased? What good are pallets if your not being looped? What good is a flashlight if the killer isn't hooking? What good is DS if the killer isn't carrying survivors?

Most survivors absolutely HATE this type of game play, but it's hard to argue with the results. I tell you, with great honesty, that 4Ks are very common (rank 8 -12) on Bunny Mom, Billy, and Doc. The range and mobility makes this type of strat pretty easy to execute.

My friend...I don't have a personal interest to see you continue to play this game. If you're not having fun, I agree with you completely....stop playing. I've changed my play style at least 4 or 5 times based on the changes made to the game. Adapt or die. I won't say that I have amazing fun with every trial....but there are those that stick out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j60Ufn2K1Y Start at the 1:40 mark

It's moments like these that keep me, personally, playing. I do think you have a problem with the game at a fundamental level, which makes enjoyment difficult. I see it, I understand it. The killer will NEVER be in a power role....it's simply contrary to the essence of balance.

Despite our two perspectives on the matter, I'm glad we can have civil discourse instead of just flaming each other.

I still stand by the idea that the Killer has the power role. In this asymmetrical game where the Killer is working on his own against four other players of varying skill levels, I feel it's necessary for the Killer to have a clear advantage. I'm not saying the Killer should be able to win any and all situations, I just want the game to be in a position where I'm not forced to choose between one or two play-styles if I even want a chance to get a 4K. Ultimately, the Killer should be able to pick a play-style, and if it plays the entire trial well and doesn't make any mistakes, the Killer should come out on top.

I love the thrill of chasing the Survivor, but chasing simply isn't viable against a Survivor who knows the map well, has the best perks, and knows how to loop (unless you play the top-tier Killers). But as the game stands, I feel like I get punished for daring to chase said Survivor. I chase too long, I lose. I drop the chase, the Survivor gets away and I still lose. It does not matter how skilled you are as a Killer in the current state of the game. What does matter whether or not you pick a top-tier Killer and how green the Survivors you're pit against are.

I'm a competitive player and I want to have fun, but as it stands, the game is clearly balanced towards Survivors. The only way to have fun/win is to play the meta, or play one or two play-styles which just aren't enjoyable. Which is fine, every multiplayer game has some sort of meta, but this is also the case at low-ranks where Survivors/Killers where purposely de-rank to mess with either side.

I do have moments where I have clutch moments, but those are few and far. My preferred Killers are Leatherface and Freddy, so I get punished simply because I choose to play those two. As I've already said, I will not be playing or buying future DLC for this game until it makes changes that actually help EVERY Killer, not just a few of them. It's not fun to me anymore. I simply don't believe that this game should be balanced for both sides, especially when the Survivors have the advantage of numbers, which is not an option to Killers. It needs to be balanced towards the Killer, not to make it unstoppable, but so that every Killer is a threat that has a variety of tackling the Survivors, not just one or two.

• SuperboyPrime

@Fibijean said:
    You're not wrong that there are a lot of issues with the game. But why make a post like this? It just looks overdramatic and self-important. Yes, there are problems. But just make a post about them normally next time, because the truth is no one cares about one person boycotting the game, even if they write a public essay about it.

Mostly to have a discussion and possible get BHVR's input. I think it accomplished the goal of discussion, but not of getting any developer input. It doesn't matter if anyone on the forums cares about me writing on essay about me boycotting. If this forum is moderated by BHVR staff, then they will hopefully see it and maybe it can help, even slightly, influence their decisions with the game.

This is their official forums, so someone there must be looking over these threads, and I just want a word from one of them. I don't care how unlikely the odds are. Plus, your post adds nothing to the conversation. Clearly you must've cared at least a little to even bother posting that. So the thread is working in that it's garnering attention.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    the real elephant in the room, the problem that no one talks about here, is swf.  survivors playing with mics is overpowered.  good luck not getting matched up with them.  they are the ones who make the killer a joke.  horrible to play against.  it is difficult (as it should be) to go against an organized team of survivors but with mics....i just can't compete.  i hope i don't need to lay out the case as to why but i will if i have to.
  • Master

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    the real elephant in the room, the problem that no one talks about here, is swf.  survivors playing with mics is overpowered.  good luck not getting matched up with them.  they are the ones who make the killer a joke.  horrible to play against.  it is difficult (as it should be) to go against an organized team of survivors but with mics....i just can't compete.  i hope i don't need to lay out the case as to why but i will if i have to.

It has nothing to do with luck.
    Just lobby-dodge the SWF matchups, if you go against them, then you do that on purpose and its kinda your fault :wink:

The game isnt even balanced if experienced survivors play solo, guess what happens if experienced survivors abuse voice comms as a tactical tool :angry:

• FeriousEagle
    FeriousEagle Member Posts: 9

Please just buff the killers. Please. Rip Fred Boi.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

@SnakeSound222 said:
    Don’t forget that every time Killers get a worthy buff, the Survivor mains act like little kids and whine their butts off until the devs eventually change it. It’s obvious that BHVR only cares about their cash cows, the Survivor mains. Otherwise Killers wouldn’t be a joke. 

Exactly

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@SuperboyPrime said:

The devs did talk about how they are going to make animations better and going through old killers and making them better. Time is the essence here.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    edited June 2018
    Master said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

It has nothing to do with luck.
    Just lobby-dodge the SWF matchups, if you go against them, then you do that on purpose and its kinda your fault :wink:

The game isnt even balanced if experienced survivors play solo, guess what happens if experienced survivors abuse voice comms as a tactical tool :angry:

i play on ps4.  the only way i can dodge is if they all appear at the same time.  otherwise, their friend's list is usially on private.
  • SuperboyPrime

@Zanfer said:

@SuperboyPrime said:

The devs did talk about how they are going to make animations better and going through old killers and making them better. Time is the essence here.

I'm aware that the developers are talking about this issue already. I would just like to see the results of these discussions, and if they will actually benefit the Killer, soon than later. They made a big deal about the Wraith balances, but those turned out to be insignificant. I want to see actual meaningful changes, not hear about them.

• CallMeRusty420
    edited June 2018

@weirdkid5 said:

I'm not gonna just forget all the bull$hit us killers had to suffer through for survivor's enjoyment. They said they'll fix the game before and messed it up. Like before, I'm sure they'll add in survivor buffs for the poor rank 20 survivors which will buff the high rank survs and we'll be back to square 1 in no time. Just wait and see.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

3 months between patches is a bit rough tho... especially with the tiny little changes these devs make.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

I don't want read or hear about what we don't do next i want see real patch fix balance etc.After close to 900h i this game my patience is 99% lost now i make only dayli quest and don't play more.Im killer main and i just don't want play this no more like this is now.I don't have any power as killer and can't do #########.And what i hear from almost 8 months we speak about this we got ideas etc and what i got ? More nerf for killers and more dlc what change nothing.