Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Are HEX perks worth it without Undying?

VESSEL
VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

Would like to run Devour and Ruin, but I always feel it's too risky without Undying. Thoughts? And if you do run them alone, how long do they usually last?

Comments

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Ruin in 30 - 60 seconds. When they seeing Ruin in game, they are looking for totems. But Devour has surprise factor, so usually i am taking 2 hooks with it. Devour helps more.

But i think after RE chapter all hex totem will die with new perk.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I don't think they are. Depends on the killer, though. Easier to defend a bad spot with trap killers. Or movement killers. Though I just feel Hex perks in general are a waste. Half are useless, the other half spawn in the open.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

My Ruin is gone in 2minutes on average. Sometimes its enough to slowdown early game tho. And sometimes its gone in 30seconds.

I pair it with undying or Pop. Or just go with Corrupt and Pop so you don't have to rely on totem spawn.

And if you want to run multiple hex perks, undying or haunted ground is recommended, might as well just run full hex build tbh

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I use Ruin by itself on mobile killers. You won't get much use otherwise, except perhaps on Pig.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited May 2021

Generally speaking no, bar a couple killers. Other than a killer like Twins who gets Ruin/Undying defaulted on them from negative synergy with the others, Undying is near never worth taking, it's complete trash now.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

Hex perks without undying, especially devour, are what makes the game most fun. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, but it's rare you don't get any value out of them. It's almost like gambling, it can't go your way every time

Running stuff like devour undying removes most of the "thrill" about running the main hex perk, giving you almost guaranteed full potential. In that case its just not fun for anyone, unless you just want to be, well, boring af

Signed: someone who's addicted to devour (by itself)

Btw undying was a mistake and the devs should delete