Bite the Bullet vs. Iron Will

Options
ukenicky
ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

This is intended as a discussion for the upcoming and new perk: Bite the Bullet and how it fares against Iron Will. As much as I want to like BtB, I can't help but wonder why anyone would run it over IW seeing as IW just let's you be quiet always as opposed to only when health like with BtB.

While we're at it here I was wondering if anyone can tell me if it's intentional that BtB silences other characters when you heal them or if that is a bug? Also when you heal someone else with BtB yourself, does it make both of you quiet if you're both injured 🤔

I have too many questions surrounding this perk so forgive me.

Anyways my personal thoughts on it are it's basically a Technician but for healing and while I really like the idea and concept of this perk it feels so incredibly overshadowed by Iron Will's mere existence.

Comments

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,348
    Options

i runned this perk on ptb without iron will and it was usefull many times iv healed survivors near killer without them knowing it

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

You think that's bad?

How about Off the Record vs Iron Will? At least Bite the Bullet affects other survivors.

• Masterninja
    Masterninja Member Posts: 404
    Options

A good addition could be if you are breaking yourself or someone It bienes your aura for all the aura killer perks.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    edited May 2021
    Options

This^. The perk would be much better if it blocked auras. Otherwise, no decent survivors heals in TR unless they're ready to take aggro, which goes against the logic if the perk. Iron Will would superior regardless.

Regarding the silencing of other characters, it looks intentional, considering they receive the perk buff notification in the hud.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

They'll nerf iron will eventually

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544
    Options

I wonder if running both will counter strider like off the record or no mother plus iron will does/ues to due to how sound is calculated

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723
    Options

Off The Record is actually a really useful perk because it hides aura reading also.

• velosinhooo
    velosinhooo Member Posts: 295
    Options

You really want to make a comparision that is that unfair? BtB need a buff like more speed when in the killer terror radius and no sound for the for the healing person and the person being healed as a little counter of maybe nurses callining or courlfobia in a way, and Iron Will we dont even have to say why its one of the best perks in the whole entire game( notto talk about the rookie spirit that should stop one gen of regressing at a time, it would be a awesome kinda counter of Ruin, not just stop the gen of regressing because it would be too good but maybe make it regress 25% slower at yellow level and 40% slower at purple.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Bite the bullet should give you actual bullets to chew on. How intimidated would you be as a killer if you ran into bill and he just has like, three bullets in his mouth and he's staring down at you while chewing?

Really though I like to think Bite the Bullet is Borrowed Time but for Iron will. You're basically taking your whiny teammate and while "healing" them you're putting your hand over their mouth and telling them to zip it.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

bite the bullet can be a decent perk if it also blocks your aura when healing

without that, its a very niche perk thats good for its niche, i guess