Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Anyone know why Fungoose dropped DBD?

VESSEL
VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

He was one of the best players out there and probs was the best player in Australia. Anyone know why he went to League?

Comments

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

Maybe the game was not fun for him anymore

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

He had more than 9k hours last time I watched him. I'd want a change too.

Unless he did another one, I remember it was 116.

However, let's not go there.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

He probably got tired of the same old, same old.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

I thought he was always flex tbh. But I guess queues do get annoying. I would just do something with stream while the queue goes on.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

This sounds a little bit strange. So his Killer AND Survivor Queues were long?

@Topic:

If he stopped because he did not have fun anymore, this is good. There are too many DBD-Streamers (even big ones) who dont have fun with DBD but still stream it because of their audience. (Basically, one is already "too many")

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I'll be honest, as soon as he switched to Survivor, I stopped watching. I preferred to watch his survivor games on YouTube as they highlight his chase skills rather than his hitting great skillchecks skills.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Lol potentially can bring you more viewers and knowing goose he's confident enough to try to get popular lol streamer

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

You can tell a lot of streamers are fed up with this game but they know if they drop it they lose a lot of viewers. Take monto for example, you can tell he is fed up with dbd but when he posts other videos he doesn't get near the same amount of views.

• Dodgingbears
    Dodgingbears Member Posts: 252

To grow his stream, DBD is a very small community, relative to what he is doing now.

• Dodgingbears

This is a dangerous lul. The devs have ignored feedback in hopes of just cranking more content and outfits. Their priorities may make them more money in the short term... but they have lost a great portion of the original fanbase. I myself took over a year off. It is frustrating in many games to feel the devs ignore the feedback. but you can look at the meta (non-shift) in this game and see that they do not care about what their playerbase wants in regards to reworks and a fresh meta. It has been the same things for years. they are putting bandaids on a toothpick bridge. It will work in the immediate.... but they should focus more on what made the game great in the beginning and not neglect their iconic characters or continute to create ranged characters that are either too strong 1v1 or unplayable.... both of which they got tons of feedback on.... and seemingly ignored based on updates. I hold out hope, as I love the game... but they have comfortable corner on the market.... which has made them lazy and seemingly more focused on making instant money, despite having no plans for a follow on dbd project.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,221

I'd imagine he got really bored at his skill level. And his region is usually locked out of the comp scene because of cross region ping. Probably no challenge for him anymore.

• IWFreak
    IWFreak Member Posts: 252

Then LoL is not the right game to play. If you want to grow a watcher base, you want to play a newer game. Older games already have many people streaming it, having built their own community. It is really hard to get between there.

• Kirkylad

Yeah they devs know they've created a one of a kind addictive game so by the time someone gets fed up and leaves they've already got dlcs, outfits etc and a new person will just take their place and buy them all over again.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

If you are too good at the game it's not going to be fun for long. The vids I watched him play he was perhaps even better than Otz and also very good as survivor.

• Limitless_Pondering
    Limitless_Pondering Member Posts: 11

He's definitely a better survivor. He used to SWF with Uncharted and the killers they faced would often get wrecked since they both loved to take what he refers to as "unique pathing." For killer, however, I think it's very close. Both of them are top-level, but I think it's sometimes best to watch a streamer on Twitch since it can show good games and bad ones. That said, Fungoose's educational content on Youtube is a hidden gem for both new and old players due to how informative they are. I really hope he's just taking a short break.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

If you check his Twitch channel, he has removed references to DBD, referring to himself as a League of Legends streamer. I think he is done.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

With the amount of FOMO stuff going on in dbd, i think the dev's know the game is going down. Wait times are insane for survivors at peak times (people home from work / school) because killers refuse to play, and it doesn't look like they will change it any time soon.

• Dodgingbears

I think it is on us as players to let them know we are okay with less content and more fixes. They are also a smaller dev team and company.... and they are clearly trying with map reworks.... killer reworks... perk reworks.... it is on the user (us) to help guide them and try to be positive.

remember they have years and tens of thousands of hours working on this.... and being negative does not help... imagine working for years on somehting and someone expecting you to change by saying "this sucks, you dont play your game, listen to forums" That has to demotivate you, no matter how much you care about it.... not to mention it is not helpful. I am not saying you did this at all, just hoping people see this and decide to help build up the community.... and YES it is okay to get frustrated.... but I see many more troll or negative posts then posts to help have strong discussions and helpful critique. I hope we all build the community esp with new players coming, dont run them off!

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550

Not all of the posts criticizing their decisions have been "this sucks" posts. There have been lots of well written posts explaining what the poster feels is wrong, why they feel that way and what they feel could be done to fix it.

And the community has brought up game health chapters many times. They even answered a question about it on one of their streams and said they didn't feel creating less content to focus on game health was needed. They also have a history of saying they are working on something or going to try something new that never comes and instead of saying "yeah, we said we were going to do this but it wasn't working so we changed our minds" they just don't say anything in hopes of ignoring it will make people forget.

• Kirkylad

People have been asking for a health patch over a new chapter for over a year and nothings happened. People can only hit their heads against a brick wall for so long until they just give up.

• Dodgingbears

I am totally empathetic to that. My appeal was to not be overly negative. They obviously care about the game and interact with the community. Just because they haven't fulfilled what you (or anyone reporting or posting) may consider most important doesnt mean that saying statements like "devs dont care" is warranted. They are not trying to kill the game.

I was not defending things that are broken not being fixed, saying they should ignore them. I was simply trying to reduce toxic or negative posts and encourage that they do engage with the community and they are trying to fix things as evidenced through recent balancing, changes to characters (specifically killers) and their addons, perks, map updates, etc.

Remember they are a smaller company and a smaller dev team. This is not Activision with an army of devs that still regularly ignores players in light of their own plans. This is a smaller community relative to big games and voicing our frustrations constructively will net better results, I believe. Upsetting the playerbase or adding fuel to someone's fire does not help fix anything, and drives a wedge between devs and community.

This is a common problem in EVERY multiplayer online game. They layed out their roadmap and goals in the stream. If people want them to prioritize something else and they get an influx of those requests, do you think they will ignore it? I manage a development team and I can tell you they wont. even if it feels like that or they are slower.

Bottom line, stay true and be constructive... if it is too frustrating, then play other games while you wait to fix or incorporate other hobbies, but stay in the community because it needs strong positive ambassadors, not whiney streamers and brooding forum posts.

• Kirkylad

After 4 years playing and supporting the game I can say what I like thank you mr Good Samaritan because I've seen the facts presented to me during my long time playing the game. FYI they aren't a small company anymore they are a multi million dollar business now. People who have spent a large amount of time and money supporting this game have a right to voice their opinion in any way they feel fit.

• Dodgingbears

see above post response for more detail, but you misinterpret what I wrote. I was discouraging that type of response, not saying that is what people do more than give constructive feedback. The norm is generally on forums that there is a large amount of negativity, regardless of the game.

Could they be more transparent, sure. They have said many times that they are working to improve the game based on feedback. That is because developers work in cycles and many aspects of development rely on what was done in the previous cycle.

They do not have to be specific with updates on what they tried and did not work, you are not the product owner. You are the consumer. If you would like more transparency, then ask for it. My guess is that they or community embassadors will try to meet that need if they see a large number of requests.

They have to know what to give priority to and there are (example) 200 posts on twitter and forums asking for cosmetics and none that are easily found asking for more communication or clarity. They have to manage the expectations of lots of players, while recently implementing crossplay and now mobile. you can criticize the methodology behind expanding when their game was not addressed at its core. That is valid. It is always hard to balance games with this many characters and with a team their size, while adding content, cosmetics, reworking killers, maps, items, perks. They have a lot of different requests pulling them in different ways.

I am not saying that your feelings are not valid or that you dont have a point. I am appealing to people for less negative forum posts and if everyone that posted (some to get people to empathize and join their side) submitted feedback and gave honest, and contrite feedback with even potential solutions, that would be time better spent at making changes.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I'm amazed that people like Zubat can just go 24 hours or longer without stopping. He even did it during that awful desync period and almost exclusively played survivor. Mans not human

• DBDude
    DBDude Member Posts: 308

Ya Fungoose is and always will be easily one of the best Content Creators within the Dead By Daylight Community in my opinion, but that shouldn't be an opinion, that should be a fact.

• Red_Beard

You contradict yourself. You say "but I see many more troll or negative posts then posts to help have strong discussions and helpful critique" and when I call bs you say "I was discouraging that type of response, not saying that is what people do more than give constructive feedback".

You change your story. You say "I think it is on us as players to let them know we are okay with less content and more fixes" and when 2 of us point out that the community has, to the point they brought it up, you say "Remember they are a smaller company and a smaller dev team". Wouldn't less content development help a smaller dev team.

You say "They do not have to be specific with updates on what they tried and did not work, you are not the product owner. You are the consumer". I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not trying to be condescending, but this is condescending. I am not a child that needs you to tell me how business works.

I see your forum account is relatively new. Is that because you are new to the game or because you just didn't want to be part of the community until now? I have been in this forum since it was live and was in the steam forums before this. I don't have 1000s of posts because I look at what is being posted and if it's already being said, I like their post instead of creating a new one about the same thing. After awhile of seeing people ask for feedback and not getting any, you stop creating positive post and just start getting more direct about stuff.

You say "They layed out their roadmap and goals in the stream. If people want them to prioritize something else and they get an influx of those requests, do you think they will ignore it" and "They have to know what to give priority to and there are (example) 200 posts on twitter and forums asking for cosmetics and none that are easily found asking for more communication or clarity. Let me point you to a post that many people have been asking for more feedback on.

I'll also ask you to go the the optimization section on this forum. There are 15 pages with about 30 threads on each page about poor optimization. The majority of them are still pending. Most of them don't even have a response from a mod or dev even asking for more information. Feeling ignored yet?

• Dodgingbears

I am sorry that you cannot understand what I wrote and chose to re-post and continue to be negative. I see your post was basically just quotes and while I appreciate your interest, I am interested in conversation that has a sustenance, not thinly-veiled misrepresentation.

• Red_Beard

I've worked with a lot of very articulate people. But just because what they say sounds good and they say it with confidence, doesn't mean they aren't full of crap. The majority of them always got mad too when called out and proven wrong. And the majority of the time they would just deflect and say it was the other person's fault and refuse to discuss anymore.

• Dodgingbears

You didn't further the discussion, you tried to break down what I said, then had a poorly though out anecdote about being new to the forums. You only tried to discredit, which I ignored. If you have something you want to discuss, then we can do that, but you did not in your previous post. Even in this post you are attempting to instigate, rather than discussing a point. When you want to have a discussion, I will listen, though you are losing credibility with transparent attempts to insult or instigate. Unless you want to actually discuss something, you can look for attention elsewhere.

• Red_Beard

My last post was absolutely an unnecessary, passive-aggressive attempt to insult. My apologies.

Have a good day.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
  • CoalTower

I hope this happens.

This game could literally be my job.

• CoalTower

A lot of people stream really old games that only have like 2 other people streaming them to gain dedicated viewers, then they switch to a popular game, bringing viewers with them.

• gibblywibblywoo

Honestly, as much as I hate my current job, I dunno if I could subject myself to 24 straight hours of dbd. I both love and hate the game sometimes and I'm still here all these years later but I dunno....

Then again I know Zub and a few other treat dbd as a job now and don't play offstream at all so I guess that helps.

• gibblywibblywoo

I know of a few smaller streamers who have tried to branch out but their stream just dies if they play anything else. It's kind of sad to see as some of them do it full time but just don't enjoy the state of the game anymore.

There's a few streamers like Otz, Tru3, etc that had an audience before dbd and would continue to afterwards but very few dbd streamers break the thousand barrier.

• Dodgingbears

Its all love. We all want the game and community to reach its best potential. I applaud your sincerity and introspection. You're a stand-up person and square with me. I am also passionate about the game, perhaps I come across rougher than I mean as well.

• Dodgingbears

Almost without exception all great or longtime dbd players play both side to some extent. He has videos on both. I personally saw him as a survivor main, but it could have just been the youtube algorithm feeding me that info.

This discussion has been closed.