Where is Mr. X?

Vulgun
Vulgun Member Posts: 439

Disclaimer: This is not a salt thread regarding the fact Nemesis is the new Killer. This is more an interesting question to pose, as well as me giving a potential answer.

So, where is Mr. X? We know the new Killer for the Resident Evil chapter is Nemesis, the hulking Tyrant B.O.W. that stalked Jill Valentine through the streets of Raccoon City.

We've also seen Nemesis's add-ons, which reference several games and direct creatures/characters, which include the following:

• Games: Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3
  • Characters: Jill Valentine, Brian Irons, Marvin Branaugh, Mikhail Victor, Annette Birkin (indirectly), Ada/Sherry (indirectly)
  • Creatures: Zombie, Tyrant T-002, Plant 43, Licker, NE-a Parasite

We also know that Leon S. Kennedy is in the game, which is actually quite odd considering the fact he is never once pursued by the Nemesis in any of the games. In fact, Claire Redfield was pursued by the Nemesis in a spin-off game we do not talk about.

So this begs the question: Why are there references to so many famous creatures and characters from the original games, but not a single thing even dedicated to one of the most famous of them all (and the reason Nemesis existed), the T-103 Tyrant, Mr. X?

Well, I have a few possible theories on what happened.

Theory #1: Mr. X is going to be a Legendary Skin (<-- Personal Pick)

The most likely outcome, Mr. X might end up becoming a Legendary Skin for the Nemesis. While at first, it would be quite awkward given that Mr. X doesn't have a tentacle, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that The Entity could modify the T-103 model with the abilities of The Nemesis to make them functionally identical.

Plus, this would satisfy most RE2 fans who were hoping that he would be the Killer.

Theory #2: Mr. X is going to be the 25th Killer

A less likely theory, but one that cannot be ruled out just yet. It is still completely possible that due to the lack of representation in any regards to the Tyrant, despite being one of the most popular things about modern Resident Evil at the moment, that it will actually be a secret, special reveal later on.

But I wouldn't hold much weight to this second theory. The first theory just seems much more plausible.

Conclusion

Now, all things considered, the fact that Mr. X hasn't even been referenced in any capacity within Nemesis, Jill or even Leon's Perks or add-ons, nor the descriptions, is actually quite weird.

I'm actually hoping that he gets to be put into Dead by Daylight in some capacity or referenced in any way, because it would just be unfortunate to have this familiar, famous content, and not have one of, if not arguably the, most popular creatures of the Resident Evil series.

What do you think? Do you think Mr. X might end up being a Nemesis Legendary Skin? Do you think BHVR are actually planning a surprise reveal of him as the 25th Killer? Or do you have any other ideas of what might've happened with the hulking Tyrant?

Let me know below and let's talk.

Comments

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

They bribed him with seduction to make way for Lady Nimitri.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,370

To be brutally honest, I doubt we'll see him ever. Nemesis is arguably just a better version of Mr X, being more lethal with his attacks (even having the capability to perform ranged attacks and infect people with hi tentacle) and being much more resilient in comparison to Mr X.

In the original RE2 it only took a few handgun bullets to stop him chasing you for a significant amount of time, he was only really made into some sort of a threat in RE2's remake. Nemesis on the other hand was practically a bullet sponge, you couldn't really fight him, your only viable option was to run.

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297

I hope as a legendary skin

• Vulgun
    Vulgun Member Posts: 439

But he could at least be referenced in an add-on or a description; the lack of him is honestly really disappointing. He was the original pursuer of the Resident Evil series. To not have him referenced would be wrong.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

For me MR.X is a nerf nemesis so maybe we will have him as a skin. What i need is Chris, Claire, Aida and Wesker i love those character maybe i will buy a skin for the first time if the realease those

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

Yeah, he'll probably be a Legendary for Nemesis at some point. Probably why Nemesis doesnt have his weaponry or sprinting abilities.

I mean, Mr.X being able to use a tentacle isnt 100% accurate either, but neither is Amanda using Kramer's hidden blade, or Pyramid Head firing off waves of spikes.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

Hopefully Classic Nemesis will be available at launch or at least shortly afterwords. I absolutely cannot stand Remake Nemesis.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,016

Probably gonna be a legendary skin for Nemesis. His body structure is very similar to his, for obvious reasons.

If not then he's probably weeping in a corner.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

X gonna give it to ya...

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445

Neither of these theories work from the title alone. A Legendary skin for Mr. X really doesnt make sense because all he does is punch #########, theres no tentacle or anything. And theres not going to be ANOTHER resident evil chapter, ir even a paragraph featuring one killer. Simply not gonna happen, neither will miss D come in either, its the same thing

• bobwalkerjr
    bobwalkerjr Member Posts: 6

So what if X dont really have tentacles other legendaries in the past have proven that dosent matter .

what does matter is X has the same body build/size and he punches things like nemesis

and that X is really popular and would sell a LOT

so he is Way more likley than miss D

• MementoMori_Massacre
    MementoMori_Massacre Member Posts: 35

Where is Mr. X? He’s living it up on the streets of rage of course! 🙂