Are the killers trying?

Options
Thr_ust
Thr_ust Member Posts: 481

Like are the killers holding back in the trials in order to feed the entity more of the survivors fear and stuff or are the killers actually giving it their all.

Comments

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

They actually might be holding back just a bit however they need to give it there all or else they will suffer for their failures.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Options

Given that in real life a single knife wound could easily incapacitate or kill the victim, yeah, I'd say they're holding back.

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    Options

The killers get punished by the Entity if too many survivors escape.

How they're punished we don't have it confirmed but 99% it involves intense torture.

So I'd say the killers have all the reasons not to hold back and give their all.

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    Options

Hard to say if that is just a gameplay mechanic that has no lore reason or not.

Like also the fact that they can fall for several meters without ever getting hurt.

I'd say those are just gameplay mechanics as killers would have no reason to hold back and risk the survivors escaping and the torture that would come from such failure by the Entity.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,950
    Options

I don't think any of them are able to feel remorse at this point, it really seems like the Entity shattered all of their minds in its realm (excluding the easily-to-manipulate ones, like Demo and Bubba). Except for the already evil ones, like Doc, Clown, Trickster, GF, Myers. PH is only there because he wants to be there so he doesn't count.

I feel like there are some who try to hold back but fail to, but I dunno.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Survivors are able to withstand an incredible amount of damage but I don't think it's because the killers are holding back, the probably gives them more endurance so they actually stand a chance, if it didn't they would die in every trial and their hope would fade out faster.

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481
    Options

I don’t mean holding back due to remorse. I mean it more like do they drag trials out to make survivors suffer as much as possible

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    Options

In the lore, killers can do whatever they want in the trials as long as The Entity is fed sacrifices. That usually means that killers will try to sacrifice all survivors, but some may "play with their food" before going in for the kill.