What did the entity do to the doctor?

Options
Thr_ust
Thr_ust Member Posts: 481

I’ve read his tone so I know he was about as evil as they come before he was taken by the entity. But looking at it like that he seems like he’d be one of the killers who is willing to kill and doesn’t need to be tortured/forced like the trapper or mind controlled like the wraith. So I’m curious. I don’t remember any signs of him being a masochist in his lore so why does he have his eyes/mouth pried open and electrical wiring shoved in his veins

Comments

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Doctor didn't want to kill for the entity, he wanted to torture the survivors without restraint. So the entity punished him by restraining him in the very headgear he'd put his victims in.

• Thr_ust
    Options

Why would the entity be against that doesn’t it thrive off of the survivors despair?

• DoritoHead
    Options

Only when the killers sacrifice to it. Doctor wanted to torture and kill the survivors all by himself.

• Thr_ust
    Options

So basically he tried to pull a Myers but he wasn’t cool enough?

• DoritoHead
    Options

Yes. Or you could say he tried to pull a Phead (although Phead is literally there to torment the entity)

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    Options

As others already pointed out, it most likely is that the Doctor didn't want to obey the Entity's rules at first and was only interested in torturing the survivors for his own agenda and his mind control experiments and research exactly like he did with so many people while he was in the real world.

So the Entity punished him by trapping him in on of his own torture devices.

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    Options

It could be that The Doctor didn't want to serve another being forever, but it could also be that The Doctor wanted to put it on himself? The description of The Doctor's "Dr. Vivisection" body cosmetic says "An abundance of bloody malpractices are stabbed, twisted, and cut into his body. He wanted to feel what his last patient did before he opened them up." This could just be harmless flavor text, but it could also mean that The Doctor likes to perform tests on himself?

• Khorzad
    Khorzad Member Posts: 143
    Options

My headcanon is that the Entity put that on him as a way to channel his power, he need those on to use his madness ability. But regardless of the initial purpose, at the current point the Doctor has developed sadomasochist tendencies and seems to enjoy his own pain as much as he likes to inflict it in others, so he wouldn’t take them off if he could.

• darkerkuro
    darkerkuro Member Posts: 1
    Options

if i'm not mistaken, from lore q&a stream in 2018, the dev said his headgear came from being tortured by the entity.

his archive shows us as he is a real rebel because he wants truly free (no god, no master, no border, no rules, and blah blah blah). i guess his ideology was clearly opposed to the entity's order, in the entity's realm is not true freedom it's just slavery, he unwilling to the entity. and as a result, so he was tortured by the entity.