About buying DLC

Options
CheesyGuy
CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

Guys my question is I have the Laurie which I buy her with Auric Cells. If I bought the hallowen chapter from steam since I have the Laurie is it gonna give me the part of Laurie as auric cells back or I will just buy Myers with that money?

Comments

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

You won't get any auric cells back.

If you already have Laurie, then buying the full chapter will give you Myers and some exclusive survivor cosmetics (in this case it would be the "Comfy Cardigan" outfit for Laurie).

It's up to you to decide whether that extra outfit is worth the extra cost. Otherwise I'd just recommend picking up Myers individually to save some money.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,545
    Options

Consider waiting until the Halloween DLC is getting a sale. I did that when I already had Laurie, because I wanted to get Myers and I liked her cosmetic pieces way more than the default.

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399
    Options

So no matter what they will give me a cosmetic right? If they give me a cosmetic that would be great at least.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

yup, she gets an exclusive alt outfit if you buy the chapter (but its not the one in the shop)

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Its a shame that we don´t get a discount or some kind of reimbursement when we buy a DLC of which we already own half.

This stopped me from buying DLCs later on, where i bought 1 char with ingame currency.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

Well, yes. That's how BHVR structured the chapter price vs the individual character prices. The chapter is usually about 2-3 USD cheaper than getting all its characters by themselves

But if you already have a character from a chapter (like how the OP already has Laurie Strode), then it's less costly to pick up the remaining character individually. Unless the chapter goes on sale, at least.