Legendary skins are people trapped in the Realm Entity?

Options
Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

I always wondered, if legendary skins like Lisa, Cebill or Jonathan Byers are trapped people like all playable survivors, or are they just a manifestation of the entity to make survivors believe that they are not alone or give them a pinch of hope to be able to escape?

When I bought Jonathan's skin, I made myself a kind of role, that Nancy was surprised and sad to see Jonathan trapped next to her in an endless loop or Jonathan is actually Steve but the entity manipulates Nancy to make her believe what is he and ends up being manipulated

Comments

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,950
    edited June 2021
    Options

Either they're non-canon or thought-forms created by the Entity. I don't think they're really there.

Although I'm leaning towards non-canon because of the Crypt TV monsters.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

I think, I always had that thought that the entity wants to make you believe that it is exactly him, but in reality it is not, as if it were a vision or a forgotten memory of his old life when entering the realm.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I always pictured them as non-canon

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    Options

The only cosmetics survivors and killers canonically wear in The Entity's realm are their default skins, Halloween skins, and possibly prestige skins. All other cosmetics were worn in that character's past, but are not canonically worn by them in The Entity's realm. Chances are legendary skins are just memories of other people the characters have seen, and do not canonically exist in the realm either.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,816
    Options

I have a head-cannon that they are real, but from alternative dimensions and timelines. For example, Lisa works as a nurse in Silent Hill, but in a dimension where there is no cult and it's just a regular town.

Honestly, no idea, but that vagueness makes the game more enjoyable. It's not as fun if everything is spelt out.