This Community is NOT trash (imho)

Evilhorst
Evilhorst Member Posts: 103
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

Hello Guys, i see a lot of people complaining about the community of DBD. We make fun this community a lot for beeing toxic and talking trash in chat after the game. Sometimes wars between communities and Streamers doing some dumb stuff, like what is currently going on between two content creators, shed a bad light on this community. I get a lot of hate comments as a killer. I have to delete comments from my steam profile on a regular basis, even though i try my best to never tunnel or camp and i NEVER use Noed. I am not suggesting that all these things are always bad, but they are causing the most hateful comments.

We have seen nonsense like the Claudette-Face Bubba thing on Reddit and we tend to think "man this community sucks".

I just want to say that in my opinion and experience the DBD community is not worse than others. ACTUALLY i cannot remember the last time i got to know so many great people by just playing a game. This community is incredibly diverse when it comes to its content creators and the people playing the game. The game itself does a lot to achieve this too! For every game you get facecamped by Bubba there is a game, where the killer gives you the hatch. For every game you get tunneled, or people dc, there are games where you can just do dumb spontanous stuff with the Killer. I see people who never met each other before, working with each other to finish the archive challenges. There are so many moments where people are just beeing wholesome without anything or anyone forcing them to be. All the Toxicity that of course does exist in this game, can be seen in other popular games too. In german the word "Zeitgeist" describes the Mentalitiy of a society in a specific time. I just believe that right now, due to MANY MANY reasons the Zeitgeist right now is becoming toxic overall. Its not this games fault. Humankind was not ready for the Internet.

Please do not forget the powerful wholesome side of this game. The very reason why so many people still are playing it even though its an arguably flawed game. I would like us to embrace this side of our Community more, when talking about DBD. I just cannot stand the self loathing some people do.

Comments