A list of Twins changes not mentioned in the patch notes

So, as you know, Twins was changed in the latest mid-chapter patch. Victor's stun after a down was increased to 5 seconds, Charlotte has more camera control during a wake-up, et cetera. But there are three changes that were made to the Twins this patch that the patch notes DID NOT mention in any way. I scoured the patch notes, reviewed recordings of playing and testing Twins from before the release, and just generally did my homework. There were two nerfs and a buff applied to Twins in the 4.7.0 mid-chapter that don't show up ANYWHERE in the patch notes.

1. Charlotte now loses collision after being dormant for 30 seconds. This means that if Charlotte stays asleep for 30 seconds or more, Survivors can walk through her and she loses her ability to bodyblock. This was an entire paragraph of coding that was added and simply not mentioned.
  2. Victor's pounces now consume Play With Your Food tokens. Before this patch, Twins had extremely good synergy with Play With Your Food because Victor wasn't technically considered a "Killer" by the game's coding, meaning you could both switch to Victor while chasing the obsession to gain PWYF tokens, and pounce on Survivors without using them up. This might not seem like a big nerf, but the synergy Twins had with PWYF before the patch was seriously insane. A Charlotte with 3 PWYF and 8 STBFL tokens was one of the scariest things you could make from the Twins. I would even argue that PWYF was Twins' best Perk. But this synergy was removed when they made Victor's pounces use up tokens in the midchapter, a change that isn't listed anywhere in either the Twins changes or bug fixes sections.
  3. Charlotte now remains stealthy for 1.5 seconds after waking up. Before the patch, when you switched back to Charlotte, her red stain and Terror Radius would come back as soon as you were playing as her. Now, they remain suppressed for about 1.5 seconds after waking up, which is about half of the wake-up animation.

Even though one of these changes was a nice buff to Charlotte, I'm still very disappointed in BHVR for making these three rather substantial changes to the Twins and not mentioning them in any way. Either it was unintentional and they were negligent, or it was on purpose and they were attempting to sweep these changes under the rug, for whatever reason. Personally, I am led to believe the latter because of the PWYF change, since the fact that Victor not being considered a Killer coding-wise and not being able to make use out of many different Perks are still in the game, making the PWYF change feel less like a bug fix and more like a deliberate attempt at a shadownerf, causing me to believe the other two changes are in a similar vein.

Even if this isn't a lack of transparency like I suspect it is, that means it is negligence, which isn't much better. There are three very substantial changes that probably all required entirely new coding blocks, and they were just completely forgotten in the patch notes. There's nothing good to say about BHVR here.

Comments