please tell me how this new trial mmr wotks

im gonna let everyone know first off they didnt play toxic in the slightest they were just better but how is a rank 15 supposed to honestly complete with red ranks. you want more people to play killer so queues are slower but then u do this to them. its only gonna force people to want to not play killer at all if this too keeps happening to them

Comments

• aliquis
    aliquis Member Posts: 82

I could be one of those survivors, i got a lot of killer of your rank (i am rank 1 survivor) today that had no chance. As killer (also rank 1) i get matched against complete beginner almost all the time.

The mmr seems to work good for some people, and for some, like you and me, it is much worse then the old rank based system.

No clue what is wrong with it.

• Zylance
    Zylance Member Posts: 64

I have met only VERY VERY good swf of 3 or 4 man, in my 22 games so far. I abolutely hate SWF and how broken it is to play against. And when meeting only SWF that are FAR better than me (tho i managed to get all achievements so i do have some experience as killer) - Disgusting. 22 games, average 4 hooks per game.. thats rather extreme tbh. Tunneling inc=(

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    edited June 2021

since you are low rank, I'm gonna assume you don't play much.

it's possible the mmr is testing you. the same thing happens when you start a new account on chess.com or something like that.

your first X matches have quite the wide range, just to see where you should be.

granted, I don't KNOW if the dbd mmr does this. but it would make sense if it did

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

What makes you assume they’re swf if I may ask?