The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I had forgotten how unplayable survivor is at noob ranks.

Laluzi
Laluzi Member Posts: 6,048

So since the MMR test started, I've been having some lovely killer games. Some teams are trending on too weak, but I'm not getting baby teams outside of killers I've never played before and Nurse (who I profoundly suck at.) I'm not getting full red SWFs either, which I used to see constantly despite being green ranked. Mostly it's just really mixed bags, with one strong survivor, two average survivors, and one really weak survivor, and I'm not taking advantage of the really weak survivor, so the games are relaxed and I'm having fun, if not being particularly challenged. It's chill and I like chill.

Switched to survivor, and good lord, this brings back repressed memories.

I don't think I've survived a single game yet. This is mostly because I'm dying on first hook. Sometimes I get lucky and die on my second hook instead. Sure, my survival rate as a solo red rank is pretty terrible, and I'm not the most skilled player around, but even if I was getting defeated by most killers, I'd gotten used to teammates who knew how to play the game. I'm still getting red rank killers, but my teammates are either not red ranks, not remotely playing like red ranks, or not performing because they're getting profoundly screwed over by the teammates who aren't red ranks. I'm not even talking about going down in two seconds in a chase... I mean continuing to work on a gen when everyone else on the team is either being chased or is incapacitated, or urban evading across the map to a hooked player while the killer is clearly chasing someone else (as shown by Kindred), or urban evading past the hooked player and just wandering in circles while they progress to the next stage. Leading the killer back to the hook and unhooking without BT. Being chased off a gen with another survivor, then running to the opposite corner of the map to hide when it's the other survivor being chased. Stepping into a locker while the killer has clear LOS. First hook suicides. I'm not even mad at the self-caring in a corner, because even though I've seen it in every single survivor match today, it's the least egregious thing I'm witnessing and at least the Claudette will probably go do useful things again when she's done, unlike Jake who is just migrating from corner to corner. Probably.

It's the same story every match - do some gens at the beginning, either have a decent chase or be forced to enter a dangerous hook situation because everyone else is either downed from rushing in with their pants on their head or extremely uninterested in the concept of unhooking, and either die on that first hook or die shortly thereafter because I got unhooked right in front of the killer, or because nobody will heal me and I'm a one-tap for the rest of the game.

The rank spread's not really that different from my killer matches, except when I was the killer, I was taking pity on the potatoes, not capitalizing when they farmed their teammates, and leaving the hook constantly to encourage skittish players to make saves. Now... I'm still getting a mix of good survivors and okay survivors, but I'm always getting at least one hyper-incompetent player in the bunch, and the game infallibly collapses when something stupid happens. And I am depipping like crazy.

Is anyone else getting brick teammates every game, or is it just me? Because if it's not just me, I think I know why killer queues are so long right now.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,950

When I returned to the game after a break a few weeks ago Jesus christ that rank area is unplayable how do noobs do it

• Midnght
    Midnght Member Posts: 65

its playable just people are rather oblivious to how to work together imho. i mean right now the noob ranks should be full of even veteran players so no clue why they all forgot how to play upon reset lol

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I might take a chance to get a killer adept

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,048

Definitely do; it's free real estate. I got Demo and Nurse today, the last two I was missing of the killers I own. Nurse was only possible because of today; I'd never have gotten teams incompetent enough for my baby Nurse ass to 10+ hook otherwise.

The game's pretty unplayable on the survivor side when survivors don't work together. Survivors who don't work together don't rank up, so players who rank up generally see less of their clueless brethren as they improve. Now every game is rainbow ranks and you're getting paired with survivors who don't know what they're doing. The vets aren't forgetting how to work together, you're just not getting 4 random vets in a match now.

Anyway, three more games. I'm rank 3. Synopses:

#1: Suffo Pit v Doctor. First game I survived! ...Because I got paired with a 3man SWF, two red ranks and one green, against a rank 17 killer. Yeah. Had a friendly endgame chat with the killer and the SWF commiserating over the state of matchmaking and it's-all-cooling over tactics everyone used, so it at least didn't leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth.

#2: Hawkins v Trickster. Trickster is rank 7 and I looped him pretty well. Had a rank 3 Nancy, a rank 12 Jake, and a rank 17 Nea. The players left the game in order of their ranks; Nea ragequit on her first down after Urban Evading straight into the killer, Jake played legitimately but unfortunately kept getting caught and couldn't chase very well, and then it was up to me and Nancy to do the last two gens and we death spiraled the first time one of us got hooked. At least I got 3 hooks this time and had a chance to do stuff.

#3: Some Coldwind map, Huntress 4-man slug within the first two minutes. Other players made profoundly bad decisions. First person goes down, second player tries to bodyblock the hook alone when there was not nearly enough time for the carry to wiggle off and also goes down for it. Third player comes for the unhook while the killer is still in the area while I'm lurking around looking for an opening. Since she's being chased, I unhook with BT and pick up the slug, going down in the process. The slug picks up person #3, who had also gone down. All three players remain in the area, self-caring in place or running in circles, instead of splitting up and running the hell away. Everyone goes down again immediately. Oddly enough, the ranks weren't that bad this time - a rank 5, two green ranks, and then a rank 2 Huntress.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

can't now because I'm at work and will be so till late tonight

• Midnght
    Midnght Member Posts: 65

yeah im having a heck of a time doing a blue glyph escape challenge i get the glyph but seriously the other players seem to dance around the killer getting nothing done. Or instead of being good bait one one side of the map they drag the killer to my side where im getting gennies done i did a game where i did three the other did 0 and we all died le sigh. LOL