The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ghostface...reveal is BS....

MissKitty95
MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

please explain to me we’re am I supposed to look... I’m steering at this man deep into his eyes all the god damn time ah oooop I’ve been exposed... but I won’t even be looking at him and some how I’ve revealed him through a wall.... do I look at his toes ? To take him out beacuse apparently looking into his soul dus jack pooo...

Comments

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

could be because multiple survivors are trying to reveal him I mean at least from what I've heard.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695
  • Sabraiz
    Sabraiz Member Posts: 566

I rarely have issues with revealing him but I do think it's bullshit how survivors can hide behind objects and reveal him, thanks to the third person camera.

• MissKitty95

Literally standing there head in the middle of my screen and nothing 😂it’s laughable how inconsistent it is....

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    edited June 2021

Holding a Killer in the center of your screen is BS?

Are you mad about needing to TRY to counterplay a Killer power?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It doesn't always work like that and you know it.

It's incredibly inconsistent both ways.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    edited June 2021

Meanwhile I'm having a hard time NOT revealing him if I'm trying to remain stealthy for an unhook. It's frustrating on tje other end to where it's sometimes way to easy to reveal him.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624

No, I don't "know it". I typically reveal Ghosty when I hold him in the center of my scrreen.

... Also, just in case: You need to be within a certain meter range to reveal him. If you're too far away, trying to reveal him won't work.

I feel like a lot of people don't know this is the case, so I'm bringing it up now.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
  • MissKitty95
  • Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Yea it is BS. I saw someone say that he has to be at the centre of your screen and you have to see around 30% of him. But I refuse to believe that. One time I tried to reveal him. He was in the open and in the centre of my screen. But noooo, nothing happened.

• NoTerrorRadius
    NoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 201

It's very inconsistent. What would fix it though? Could they make him like pig where he's only undetectable while crouching? Or just do away with the reveal mechanic and the night shroud is on a timer once activated, then deactivates for a period of time before it can be used again? 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Ghalam
    Ghalam Member Posts: 99

And I stared at him deep into his ocular sockets and I said. Reveeaaaaaaaaaaal

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Not wrong, it's fundementally broken if you ask me.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I would prefer if survivors who point at him would automatically reveal him if he's either stalking them or was stalking them within the last few seconds. The cone size would be ridiculously small, so small that the survivor would need to know his EXACT location to reveal him. Then, if he enters a chase — he automatically gets revealed because at that point, I believe the survivor has "found you".

Also, to make 99% stalking viable, he'll become immune to being revealed for just a second. Enough to finish the remaining 1% for the exposed effect.

To compensate, we significantly (maybe tremendously) increase how fast he stalks. It's only fair he gets this boost since survivors can instantly reveal him by pointing at him.

This would need testing in the PTB of course, but that's the idea to make it consistent for both sides.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

He'll also lose his biggest strength, which is that he can hide his glow in chase.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

There has to be almost no range limit to revealing him.

If there is, it's GIGANTIC.

As others have said, it has always been inconsistent ever since his release.

That's what most have a problem with.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I don't think that's going to be very damaging, if anything it'll increase his skill ceiling because most killers can just hide their red stain naturally. It won't be as good as no red stain, but that's a trade off, faster stalking for no red stain. More on that below.

However, while it's going to be less convenient in chases for him, it's going to be easier to get survivors exposed since he can stalk them pretty fast. I believe it takes him at least 5 seconds to expose a survivor without leaning, but with the extra stalk speed — it'll take 3 seconds. If he's leaning, that time is cut in half, which means he can expose you within 1.5 seconds if he's leaning. That's without add-ons, so with add-ons — it can get pretty stupid.

However, since survivors can instantly reveal you by pointing at you — I believe that's pretty fair and if it's a tad too much. I'd just do an add-on pass for the stalk speed add-ons, make them do something unique:

• Give him undetectable after being revealed for 10 seconds [Could be added with my base suggestion]
    • When stalking multiple survivors, stalk speed is increased by 25% for each survivor you're stalking.
    • Downing a survivor who's marked will apply the Mangled / Broken / Oblivious status effect for as long as they are either dying or hooked. This effect persists for 60 seconds once they recover from either state.
    • Stalking a survivor will share their progression at a 50% conversion rate. Survivors who become marked by shared progression will have a moderately shorter mark duration, but will have their aura revealed for 5 seconds after being initially marked.

Possibilities are endless.

• uchicku
    uchicku Member Posts: 20

His reveal is kinda BS. I can reveal him from across the map yet whenever I'm in his face, I'm exposed.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

Its the one thing that makes him one of my least favorite killers to go against.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,951

They should completely rework the reveal system for him it's been a massive failure since he was added to dbd

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

His reveal system is so bad to the point where it can even give hell to GF himself. Reveal needs fixes.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

Seems to be at the top of his head.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

Seems to be at the top of his head.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I played in 1 game where he was afk and we couldn't even break him out. I also chased one half way across red forest as he was returning to a recently saved hook yet despite being 8 yards away it didn't do anything. When i play as GF, it seems so easy to get broken out :/

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

The ghostface reveal mechanic is one of the most reliable and consistent things in the game. If you're trying to reveal him you can rely on the fact it well be nearly impossible to do. If you're actively trying not to reveal him you will consistently do so.

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312

Actually it isnt the center. you have to look slightly above his head. it works 99% of the time for me.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

I jail breaked my PS4 and found the source code for the reveal mechanic:]

if Survivor_In_Match == True and Killer == Ghostface:

[indent]if Ghostface == Stalking and Survivor_Looking_Near_Killer 280°:

[indent x2]reveal Ghostface

else:

[code about myers stalking and more totally serious code]

The mechanic is quite broken.